The Literotica Tag team competition?

In the middle of his work, one of my freshmen just said, "I wish my lawn was emo."

He paused and said, "Then it would cut itself."

I'm embarrassed to say that I cracked up.

First time all year.

In the middle of his work, one of my freshmen just said, "I wish my lawn was emo."

He paused and said, "Then it would cut itself."

I'm embarrassed to say that I cracked up.

First time all year.

Wha-? You don't allow yourself to laugh in class? Or you only try not to laugh while reading your student's work? Either way, I refer you to this buzzfeed article:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/33-teachers-who-got-the-last-laugh

Now get laughing . . . I mean, teaching!

Wha-? You don't allow yourself to laugh in class? Or you only try not to laugh while reading your student's work? Either way, I refer you to this buzzfeed article:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/33-teachers-who-got-the-last-laugh

Now get laughing . . . I mean, teaching!

Have you heard the expression "don't smile till Christmas"? With this class I was not planning to smile until June.

Actually, this student has been trying to catch me all year. Today was the day.

Have you heard the expression "don't smile till Christmas"? With this class I was not planning to smile until June.

Actually, this student has been trying to catch me all year. Today was the day.
Kids are amateurs today. I would have had you within a week!

So far my partner and I are doing good. We have done several back and forth exchanges of material and have several scenes written. Writing another as I type.

Should have everything wrapped up by tomorrow. ;) :D :devil: :cool: :eek:

So far my partner and I are doing good. We have done several back and forth exchanges of material and have several scenes written. Writing another as I type.

Should have everything wrapped up by tomorrow. ;) :D :devil: :cool: :eek:

Hey, I thought you were saying you were finished over the weekend?

Hmmm?

I got the first part from my partner and am introducing my character and leading him along, trying mighty hard not to step on her tootsies. :D

So far so good, have an outline of what it will be about and hammering out some details of the characters and events.

Usually I don't either, but my partner suggested it and in this case it seems to be quite helpful to setup the timeline.

Yeah, same here. I'm a free wheeling binge writer, but that doesn't work when there's another half of the story coming from someone else.

Outline? I don't need no stinking outline! I....

I think this time I really do.:(

Usually I don't either, but my partner suggested it and in this case it seems to be quite helpful to setup the timeline.

Yeah, if I was writing it myself, no outline needed. Neither would my partner. But as the two of use are working on ones story, we though a rough outline would be better than beating each other up over how to spell their last name. :eek:

Extensive character sheet too, lots of...well no need to give it away. :eek:

Yeah, if I was writing it myself, no outline needed. Neither would my partner. But as the two of use are working on ones story, we though a rough outline would be better than beating each other up over how to spell their last name. :eek:

Extensive character sheet too, lots of...well no need to give it away. :eek:

-looks up from taking notes- No, no, go right ahead...:D

Outline? I don't need no stinking outline! I....

I think this time I really do.:(

I have a buddy of mine who is a world class woodcarver. (Think cigar store Indians, only epic looking and selling for thousands of dollars.) He used to have a shop in a craft mall where he would work on one of his carvings while selling tools, plans, rough-outs and the like. Every day he would listen to people marvel at his skill as they would ask, "Is that difficult?"

His favorite reply? "Nah, you just carve away the parts that don't look like an Indian."

Sometimes he'd get some artsy-fartsy person who would knowingly say to their friends, "Can you see how he's mentally projecting the image on the work?" or some kind of equally moronic statement about his process.

That's when my buddy would hold up the drawing he was using as a guide and ask, "You mean THIS image?" But my favorite was when someone would notice the drawings he used as a guide, roll their eyes and cry, "Oh, you're working from a drawing? Isn't that cheating?"

"Yep," he'd say, handing over his tools. "Why don't you give it a try?"

I got the first part from my partner and am introducing my character and leading him along, trying mighty hard not to step on her tootsies. :D

Is Saxon_Hart showing of that he got one of the five awesome women writers in this challenge as his partner?

Don't laugh I could be awesome, maybe... one day... :eek:

Is Saxon_Hart showing of that he got one of the five awesome women writers in this challenge as his partner?

Don't laugh I could be awesome, maybe... one day... :eek:

Or is Saxon hart being clever and trying to get us to think he is working with a woman? Hmmm.......

I have a buddy of mine who is a world class woodcarver. (Think cigar store Indians, only epic looking and selling for thousands of dollars.) He used to have a shop in a craft mall where he would work on one of his carvings while selling tools, plans, rough-outs and the like. Every day he would listen to people marvel at his skill as they would ask, "Is that difficult?"

His favorite reply? "Nah, you just carve away the parts that don't look like an Indian."

Sometimes he'd get some artsy-fartsy person who would knowingly say to their friends, "Can you see how he's mentally projecting the image on the work?" or some kind of equally moronic statement about his process.

That's when my buddy would hold up the drawing he was using as a guide and ask, "You mean THIS image?" But my favorite was when someone would notice the drawings he used as a guide, roll their eyes and cry, "Oh, you're working from a drawing? Isn't that cheating?"

"Yep," he'd say, handing over his tools. "Why don't you give it a try?"

I free wheel whether its a 10k story-which is short for me:rolleyes:-or 100k plus works.

Everything always falls into place and sometimes I add a little something wondering why I did and down the line its "I can use that to do this!"

Last night chatting with my partner we needed a "why?" for the characters feeling for each other. So I start with Okay , so.....

and I just let it fly in the middle they are like "I can;t wait to see where this goes"

I say "Neither can I!"

Whether they thought I was kidding or not, I don;t know, but its true when I'm flowing the story tells itself to me.

A note to my partner: I don't outline until the story starts to get out of control. So just don't be surprised if I hit you with an outline halfway through. Bassackwards planning. That's how I roll.

Eta: and don't be surprised if the outline looks more like a May Pole next to a bulleted list, random flowers drawn in, and my grocery list jotted in the margin.

Last edited:
Eta: and don't be surprised if the outline looks more like a May Pole next to a bulleted list, random flowers drawn in, and my grocery list jotted in the margin.

Also she may add the odd Chinese food take out list, or hockey schedule for the week.

:D

I did once manage to somehow paste a list of prices for a comic collection I had bought in the middle of a story I sent to an editor

A note to my partner: I don't outline until the story starts to get out of control. So just don't be surprised if I hit you with an outline halfway through. Bassackwards planning. That's how I roll.

^^^From the teacher! :D

In school, I used to write my story first and then write an outline to submit to the instructor. At least they matched!

I've discovered I seldom work out detailed character profiles either. I start with a general idea about who the people are and allow the story to fill in the blanks. Sometimes my characters truly surprise me with a fact I doubt I would have ever pre-imagined. Meanwhile, my partner has a very intricate system for creating a character. It's been an interesting process.

I've done the mid-way outline myself. Helps me remember what I wrote before. I don't usually do much in the way of character notes, though.

Back