Though I am old with wandering
Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.

(from W. B. Yeats, The Song of Wandering Aengus)

Naoko, I left a little something for you in "Quote of the Day."

Aedh wishes for the cloths of heaven
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I love Yeats. I used to have this for my signature, but it was a bit long. I will rush to quote of the day now! before I run out the door to buy more cat litter :rolleyes:. Poo softly, cat, because you poo on my salary!

(ETA: LOL, my name means straightforward. In my gay days, we would roll around the floor laughing because I was called 'straight'.)

Last edited:
Aedh wishes for the cloths of heaven
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I love Yeats. I used to have this for my signature, but it was a bit long. I will rush to quote of the day now! before I run out the door to buy more cat litter :rolleyes:. Poo softly, cat, because you poo on my salary!

(ETA: LOL, my name means straightforward. In my gay days, we would roll around the floor laughing because I was called 'straight'.)

News for the Delphic Oracle

http://www.csun.edu/~hceng029/yeats/yeatspoems/NewsForTheOrac

a rose, Andalusian, sweet, or even second hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOAhobPR6M

What a lovely piccie too. Reminds me of Leon Bakst, like this lovely Scheherazade ;) :heart:.

scheherazade+by+leon+bakst.jpg

How is your car, HP? Is it fixed? And yours, Ogg? Is yours fixed and not too expensively?

(I think that's a genuine association, isn't it?)

:rose:

I'm waiting for the part from Sweden. In the meantime I'm using the other Volvo. We're a three-car family. That's ridiculous for two people but the Volvo I'm using now was supposed to be the replacement for the high-mileage one, but that one refuses to die.

Association: The Stig

I'm waiting for the part from Sweden. In the meantime I'm using the other Volvo. We're a three-car family. That's ridiculous for two people but the Volvo I'm using now was supposed to be the replacement for the high-mileage one, but that one refuses to die.

Association: The Stig

The Driver

The Driver

:D Ogg, that's terrible! although those Volvos are stayers, as a young kitty cat, I used to drive one. What a terrifying prospect!

I went to a Speed Awareness Course a little while ago and when they asked us to put up our hands if we thought we could live without our car, I was the only one who did. In a room full of people who live in a city! :eek:

I really love riding my bicycle, I'm used to cycling in London so I weave in and out the traffic - not if I take Piglet on the back of it, tho! then I'm a bit more careful. :cool:

:D Ogg, that's terrible! although those Volvos are stayers, as a young kitty cat, I used to drive one. What a terrifying prospect!

I went to a Speed Awareness Course a little while ago and when they asked us to put up our hands if we thought we could live without our car, I was the only one who did. In a room full of people who live in a city! :eek:

I really love riding my bicycle, I'm used to cycling in London so I weave in and out the traffic - not if I take Piglet on the back of it, tho! then I'm a bit more careful. :cool:

I can't ride a bicycle except on dedicated cycleways. I can't turn my head to look behind me. That means no more motorcycles either. With a car I need properly adjusted wing mirrors.

My two Volvo 940 Estates are on 265,000 and 185,000 miles. The high-mileage one is slightly rattly but still goes well, and passes the MOT year after year.

Association: A bicycle made for two...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back