Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
:rose:

Hullo Tio, midear! I have to teach online tonight, LOL. Even before I came on here I always behaved very badly online so it will be interesting!

Muir's Rock

Not to worry, you can behave interestingly live as well as virtually. For some strange reason, the new Dean requested that I refrain from drawing Little Red Riding Hood as a clitoris to illustrate my lecture on the structural analysis of folk tales. :confused:

Muir's Rock

Not to worry, you can behave interestingly live as well as virtually. For some strange reason, the new Dean requested that I refrain from drawing Little Red Riding Hood as a clitoris to illustrate my lecture on the structural analysis of folk tales. :confused:

Shut up! are you serious? ROFLMAO! You are so ba-a-ad.

I have no idea what Muir's Rock is, you'll have to explain it to me. With illustrations ... :devil:

Shut up! are you serious? ROFLMAO! You are so ba-a-ad.

Even stranger, he had no comments on my drawing Pinocchio ("little nut-eye") with a penile nose! I'll have to give you the lecture sometime.

I have no idea what Muir's Rock is, you'll have to explain it to me. With illustrations ... :devil:

It's a large glacial erratic near the headwaters of King's River in King's Canyon National Park, California. The naturalist, John Muir, used to give lectures there (I don't know if he drew Little Red Riding Hood, though). It's found just beyond the sign "This way to road's end." It's also a nice place for lovers to skinny-dip in the early evening, before the bears come out. Hence my association (and pleasant memories. :cattail:)

And horses (brumbies if it's in Australia, and Tassie is) too, don't they?

(a side association I can't shake is the pubic hairs of women, if they are heartshaped, are known as a map of Tasmania. :heart:)

"...
Squads Right! Impatiently replied
two billion pubic lice inside
one pair of trousers (which had died)"

-- e e cummings

"Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out."

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

(George Gordon, Lord Byron)

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that’s best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

(George Gordon, Lord Byron)

Though I am old with wandering
Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.

(from W. B. Yeats, The Song of Wandering Aengus)

Naoko, I left a little something for you in "Quote of the Day."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back