What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon Richard. You're better than quoting Busybody aren't you? It's painful enough that I have entire pages that are just his name but now I have to read a bit of him encase he somehow said something relevant? No fair.

Every once in a while, you've got to poke it with a stick...
:D

Sequester? What Sequester? Obama Brings $200 Million Gift To Jordan…

Apparently we do have money to burn.

AMMAN, Jordan — President Barack Obama said he and King Abdullah II haven’t reached an answer about what to do on Syria, but he promised $200 million in new humanitarian aid Friday to help the government here manage the influx of hundreds of thousands of refugees from Bashar al-Assad’s regime who’ve entered the country.

Reiterating that he sees the question of Assad’s toppling as a when, not if, he also warned about the possibility of anti-American, terrorist forces taking power in the aftermath.

“I am very concerned about Syria becoming an enclave for extremism. Because extremists thrive in chaos, they thrive in failed states, they thrive in power vacuums,” Obama said during his joint press conference with the Jordanian leader. “They don’t have much to offer when it comes to actually building things.”

The violence in Syria has been “heartbreaking,” Obama said , adding that the continued loss of civilian life, “should compel all of us to say, ‘what more can we do?’”

Noting that he was waiting to see the results of a United Nations investigation into whether Assad’s military had used chemical weapons, Obama reiterated that if so, this would constitute the crossing of a red line which would require a change in American involvement.

but LETS spend a million or 2 on ByeDunce hotels

and

$200 million for Jordan, shall we?

FAA to Close 149 U.S. Airport Towers After Budget Cuts

The U.S. will close 149 air-traffic control towers run by contractors at small- and mid-sized airports on April 7 as a result of automatic budget cuts at government agencies, a trade group said.

The Federal Aviation Administration spared 24 towers on its original list of 173 subject to closing, the Contract Tower Association, which represents companies running the facilities, said today in an e-mail. All towers being shut down are run by private companies, not the government as at larger facilities.

Advocates for pilots and airports said shutting the towers will harm safety and impose economic hardship on businesses such as flight schools that rely on controllers to guide planes.

“The White House does not understand the consequences of these actions, or they do and they simply do not care,” Craig Fuller, president and chief executive officer of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, a Frederick, Maryland-based advocacy group, said at a town-hall meeting yesterday at DuPage Airport in West Chicago, Illinois. “Either way, this approach is dangerous and should not stand.”

Spencer Dickerson, executive director of the Alexandria, Virginia-based Contract Tower Association, said it was unfair for the government to shut down more than half the 251 private towers while sparing government-run facilities.

“Controllers at contract towers perform a host of important functions, including separating aircraft, issuing safety and weather alerts, and assisting with military, emergency response, and medical flights,” Dickerson said.

Airports Open
Planes, including airliners, can continue to fly to airports without towers. Most of the roughly 5,000 U.S. public airports don’t have towers. Instead of being guided by controllers, pilots radio each other to coordinate landings and takeoffs, according to FAA procedures.

No FAA air-traffic facilities will be shut down for at least a year, Doug Church, spokesman for the National Air Traffic Controllers Association union, said in an e-mailed statement.

The FAA’s union contract requires that controllers get at least a year’s notice before a facility is closed, Church said. The agency Feb. 22 issued a list of 49 FAA towers that were subject to closing in addition to the private towers.

The FAA’s 15,000 controllers will be forced to take one unpaid day off every two weeks starting April 21, which will aggravate delays at some of the busiest U.S. airports, including Chicago O’Hare and Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson, Administrator Michael Huerta told Congress Feb. 27.

To contact the reporter on this story: Alan Levin in Washington at alevin24@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Bernard Kohn at bkohn2@bloomberg.net

Deloitte mailed the survey to more than 20,000 physicians selected from the American Medical Association's master file. Just 613 returned completed surveys, giving a margin of error of 3.9 percent at the 0.95 confidence level.
http://www.everydayhealth.com/senior-health/more-docs-plan-to-retire-early.aspx

Do you believe the veracity of the report this time??

Look stupid, I didn't defend the veracity of the survey or the story, I attacked Badwoofer for insisting the survey was false without evidence to back it up. Then you showed up like the lame cowardly alt you are and stuck your nose into it trying to make it all about me. Sneak the fuck off clown.

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=41401538&postcount=122

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=817873&highlight=survey

Woof!

Those states too fucking lazy to implement the Health Care requirements deserve what they get. Any state worth anything already have it implemented.

I think it has as much credibility as any you're liable to post.

Oh, and fuck you about the backbone shit, puppy.:rolleyes:

Don't blame me, dude, people are bound to form that opinion when you continually duck and run.

You didn't just duck again did ya?

You don't have to believe me, read any of the other posters on the thread I linked to.

Don't believe them; go to the library and get book out that describes the way to conduct a valid survey.

Then come back and tell us why you posted the same stupid survey as was in the previous thread. Which is it ignorance or another deliberate lie?

Woof!

Interesting. They are voting to strip out a tax (and then bitch about not being able to fund it). Sometimes even the craziness of Congress has me wondering how the fuck they can be so dense.

Fuck you and your library books. If you had an ounce of sense and an understanding of what is actually happening in the health care industry, you'd know that the survey results make all the sense in the world and quite prescient, and just another contributing factor in unfolding shortage of doctors that is already manifesting itself.

tumblr_lka915sLrA1qhgme2.gif

Fuck you and your library books. If you had an ounce of sense and an understanding of what is actually happening in the health care industry, you'd know that the survey results make all the sense in the world and quite prescient, and just another contributing factor in unfolding shortage of doctors that is already manifesting itself.

Interesting. I didn't get the same interpretation from the Deloitte report..Did you happen to read the Business Insider article yeserday about the doc who has worked in the prison system for the last 10 years? It was an interesting read.

Anyway, it points to the issue of the problem of being an MD in the U.S. It isn't a new issue which seems to be what the point you're trying to make is, that MD's are screwed because of Obama. Please correct me if I misread what you were trying to say. Afterall, I'm just a woman ( which some people think precludes me from having a brain).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back