What are you doing right now? (besides online & on Lit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to work on a post and watching football...errr...american football for all the strange foreign folk who call soccer football.:rolleyes::D

And apparently now I'm picking a fight with the rest of the world.:rolleyes::eek:

Listening to old time swing music on Serius through my Dish.....and really enjoying it! :)

I love my Sirius! And I love swing music! *takes Thyris and dips her*

trying to work on a post and watching football...errr...american football for all the strange foreign folk who call soccer football.:rolleyes::D

And apparently now I'm picking a fight with the rest of the world.:rolleyes::eek:

Actually we are the strange folk calling it football when you handle the ball with your hands mostly.

Actually we are the strange folk calling it football when you handle the ball with your hands mostly.

Watches the pair dance. Settles behind his drum set and starts playing along with the music

Gives me a reason to use my brushes for non-disciplinary reasons. :D

Finally settling down enough, more than enough, to write for PGoD...

as well as listening to music and texting Jay.

Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong era. I could picture myself enjoying a night out dancing in one of the big nightclubs, listening to a torch singer singing a bluesy sexy number or a crooner making the ladies melt. :)

Jacking off for people on a sex roulette site. Although, it would be better if I had some company to jerk off with. I want to start a masturbation club!!

I just finished posting for Fr33k.

I have goosebumps and the squirmies. *nododnod*

I had hoped to post for D too but that's not going to happen. My eyes are telling me they're tired. So, D is up tomorrow and baring any other posts, I will be caught up again!

Trying to decide whether I should help him. Just because I can help him, even though he's shown repeatedly that he's perhaps beyond help...

How do you teach responsibility? or common sense?

Trying to decide whether I should help him. Just because I can help him, even though he's shown repeatedly that he's perhaps beyond help...

Sometimes, you've just got to make them sink on their own, so they're forced to learn how to swim.

You let them learn through their mistakes/decisions. Choices bring consequences. If they're old enough to make their own decisions, they're old enough to live through those consequences.

I have learned rapidly in the last month. Trust me. I speak from experience and as one who is always the one to help out her family.

Sometimes, you've just got to make them sink on their own, so they're forced to learn how to swim.

You let them learn through their mistakes/decisions. Choices bring consequences. If they're old enough to make their own decisions, they're old enough to live through those consequences.

I have learned rapidly in the last month. Trust me. I speak from experience and as one who is always the one to help out her family.

He's not family. He's the family of my best friend. And, we did let him sink. Since he insisted that he's an adult and should be treated like one. So we did. We all told him that he can go be responsible for his own life and take care of himself. That was....August I believe. He vanished off the face of the earth since. He cut ties. No one in his family had a clue what happened to him. And out of the blue, he's back.

He's just about sunk, rock bottom. Reading between the lines of intolerable English, he sounds like he got into a brawl over a girl, is homeless, or very close to it. His car is probably repossessed, since I know something of his finances before he decided he was a "responsible" adult.

How far does "sink" go? He obviously hasn't figured things out yet. I really want to just remove him from the gene pool.

I just finished posting for Fr33k.

I have goosebumps and the squirmies. *nododnod*

I had hoped to post for D too but that's not going to happen. My eyes are telling me they're tired. So, D is up tomorrow and baring any other posts, I will be caught up again!

With that sort of inspiration, not likely....;)

He's not family. He's the family of my best friend. And, we did let him sink. Since he insisted that he's an adult and should be treated like one. So we did. We all told him that he can go be responsible for his own life and take care of himself. That was....August I believe. He vanished off the face of the earth since. He cut ties. No one in his family had a clue what happened to him. And out of the blue, he's back.

He's just about sunk, rock bottom. Reading between the lines of intolerable English, he sounds like he got into a brawl over a girl, is homeless, or very close to it. His car is probably repossessed, since I know something of his finances before he decided he was a "responsible" adult.

How far does "sink" go? He obviously hasn't figured things out yet. I really want to just remove him from the gene pool.

Rock bottom is having nothing, no one, no way out. He's not there yet. If he ever reaches it and manages to climb back out, then he'll have learned the lesson, or proven more stubborn than that sort of lesson can teach. It's harder to do than say, but just ignore him. Let him do what he will and when his actions catch up, he'll have no one to answer for or to other than himself.

I would say, at this point, you should figure out what it is will help him, whatever that may be, and offer him a simple choice: That, or out of your life. That's it, no room for negotiation. He either takes the help, or he doesn't. You did what you could, and he made his choice, and either way, at the end of the day, he has to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back