Writing Goal for the Day?

I'm just tickled pink that I was inspired to write a couple poems today. Haven't written any in a while, so that was a surprise.

Tomorrow's goal is to work on a chapter for Kismet.

This one needed a bump. :)

And not a writing goal, but very good news, esp for Mr Penn -- his dad got the results of a PET scan and his cancer appears to be "cold" (they aren't saying remission yet). There were not warm or hot spots. A big relief.

Just finished writing another Christmas story (while watching the exciting Djokovic-Murray tennis final at Melbourne). Now back to close out on a novella entitled Luther.

And not a writing goal, but very good news, esp for Mr Penn -- his dad got the results of a PET scan and his cancer appears to be "cold" (they aren't saying remission yet). There were not warm or hot spots. A big relief.

Between them my in laws have had 8 cancer operations in the last 3 years. I know first hand how exciting it is to get those results.

I always compare those scheduled PET scans to Russian roulette.

That's good news. I'm happy for you.

There's been no writing today at all. I need to fix supper, and iron the boy's dress clothes for his ISSMA performance tomorrow.

My writing goal yesterday was an extensive rewrite of a condo declaration and by-laws--really sexy--NOT! Cures terminal insomnia. Now trying to find a plot; do I do another Luigi-Molly story? Scored better in the V-Day contest than either of its predecessors. Or do I try something darker? Given my track record in that class of story, I ain't happy. Well, maybe inspiration will strike.

This afternoon I pulled out an old file with hand-written notes of story ideas. Some have possibilities, but others are nothing more than blurbs. Organizing them used my writing time for the day though.

It was a great writing day for me. 10,000 words spread over a Christmas story and the conclusion of a novella. Facing more of the same tomorrow.

Back at work so the writing should pick up. Although I did get a few stories finished while I was home.

Having just dragged up after staying up until 5:15 am to watch the women's tennis final in Melbourne live (the coverage being more lively than the second set play), I'm about to launch into the "going into the sunset" chapter of volume two of the Clint Folsom compendium.

Thanks all for the kind thoughts and wishes. Things seem to have settled down a bit, so I can devote sometime to writing.
Started on my new erotic story and working out details in BotC.

After getting in a short walk, then being kicked out of the house - so my wife could "properly" clean - I'm looking at two pieces of fiction, one that I started earlier this week and one a redux of something I started years ago. Hopefully I can get some writing in, if the women at Starbucks aren't too much of a distraction, or the redhead doesn't come sit with me, AGAIN, during break.

Mr Penn, wonderful guy that he is, has just taken the little Penns out for a while. I am under orders only to write, not to clean house or anything else. Is he great or what? :)

Already off the rails. I'm already off opening a new work rather than closing out the work that was planned for today.

Actually been writing! Not tons, but getting there. Had to take a break so I got the mail -- my Marillion tickets are here! Woo hoo! Okay, the show isn't until June, but hey...

Back to the topic, moving along on R&B9, and the whole story is likely, as many of mine are, to be longer than I thought. But that's okay.

Actually been writing! Not tons, but getting there. Had to take a break so I got the mail -- my Marillion tickets are here! Woo hoo! Okay, the show isn't until June, but hey...

Back to the topic, moving along on R&B9, and the whole story is likely, as many of mine are, to be longer than I thought. But that's okay.

Okay with me too. {Not that I count}:D

Okay, so 300-words isn't enough to tell this story inspired by the words TENT, CLIMB, and TRAIN. Perhaps I need to write notes on it and use them later, for a graphic novel script.

DAMN that Indiana Jones!!!!

Today I gave myself the ultimatum. Finish this fucking V-Day story entry by tonight, or close the thing, walk away and admit defeat.

In the two years I have been writing I have never not finished something I've started. So today we'll see if the juvenile tactic of calling myself names still motivates me like it did back when I was a kid.

I'm wading thru a book titled, HOW TO WRITE VIOLENCE by Rory Miller. Its not a HOW TO WRITE book; its a HOW TO CONCEPTUALIZE VIOLENCE book. It will improve your story a lot but wont do much for the writing. Different characters do violence differently.

Bullies do it one way, cops do it another, hunters have special practices, and professional assassins do something else. And as a general rule the bully working at the county jail aint gonna do well against Rambo. Gang-bangers, cops, weekend warriors, and martial arts posers aint gonna do well against Rambo. But David Morrell didnt get Rambo right. Real Rambo's kill everyone and go, with no one the wiser. Real Rambo's feel no angst and have no PTSD. Killing you is a task like mowing the lawn.

Miller confesses that he kinda likes it when a convict attacks him from behind cuz it gives him a socially acceptable excuse to hurt the guy and try out new moves. If a con is all THAT bad he wouldnt be in prison.

Bullies do it one way, cops do it another, hunters have special practices, and professional assassins do something else.

Bullies and Cops are one in the same. We just had a big stink up here in RI. A Lincoln cop was caught on film assaulting a woman.

She was on the ground cuffed and kicked at his leg. She missed and stepping forward he reared back and kicked her full on in the face.

Cute.

Most cops take the badge for the wrong reason. They have god complexes and the badge gets their little cocks hard. Most are also drunks and beat the shit out of their wives citing job stress. Many are no better than the criminals they lock up.

And as for Violence. Here is the thing with "Martial arts posers" There are two types of martial artists. The ones who are technically proficient and great in the ring where there are ref's and protective gear.

Then there are those with a nasty temper and a street fighters mentality. Those are by far the more dangerous. The average cop does not have anywhere near the training to stop them-mostly because they are not cuffed and female-and even Rambo best watch his ass.

Finally I might be able to make a goal. I've been fortunate enough to write something every day, but I haven't had the time to really waste hours away writing, it's been short bursts and late at night. Today though it's back to normal (at least what I consider to be normal).

Finish Kismet Ch. 11
Edit a Exhib/Voy
Add more to three others
Make corrections on a "How to"
Begin an outline for a fourth (never have tried an outline - but there is a lot of research to muddle through)
Post on an SRP

I guess my goal is that one of those things listed above will be accomplished!

Bullies and Cops are one in the same. We just had a big stink up here in RI. A Lincoln cop was caught on film assaulting a woman.

She was on the ground cuffed and kicked at his leg. She missed and stepping forward he reared back and kicked her full on in the face.

Cute.

Most cops take the badge for the wrong reason. They have god complexes and the badge gets their little cocks hard. Most are also drunks and beat the shit out of their wives citing job stress. Many are no better than the criminals they lock up.

And as for Violence. Here is the thing with "Martial arts posers" There are two types of martial artists. The ones who are technically proficient and great in the ring where there are ref's and protective gear.

Then there are those with a nasty temper and a street fighters mentality. Those are by far the more dangerous. The average cop does not have anywhere near the training to stop them-mostly because they are not cuffed and female-and even Rambo best watch his ass.

I agree with most of what you say. I know a few cops who possess lotsa self-restraint, and insane martial artists definitely exist!

Our local SWAT Team recently saved an old man from his tv. The old man was watching a Rambo Marathon and fell asleep in his recliner. A neighbor heard the gunfire and screaming, and called 911. The badasses broke in and saved the guy.

Back