What's your favorite quote?

chy_girl

Literotica Guru
Big, little, bumper sticker, philosopher, funny, somber... What are some of your favorite quotes? Do you have any that you mentally go back to in times of struggle or joy?

Personally, my "pick a quote for the day" moments tend to come in twos. One that's of a serious nature and one that's funny or sardonic and lightens the mood.

Share some that you like. Hell, toss in a short poem if you like. Just share some of the words that mean something and maybe what they do for you if you wish.

Today, my serious quote would be:
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ”
~Mary Anne Radmacher

As for my funny/smart ass quote:
"In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"
~Dr. Seuss

"Acts of men are better then acts of God."- Evangelion Neon Genesis

"Come on you apes, you want to live forever?" - Starship Troopers (book)

"The way to a man's heart is 6" of steel."- Laurel K Hamilton's Anita Blake

Oh, and the word "Molestifuckate" which I learned here on Lit though I'm not sure who first posted it.

"Physicists are an atom's way of knowing about atoms." -George Wald

"When the going gets tough the tough get going", lived by this one for 40+ yrs

My favorite serious is either the one below, by Bill Cosby, or Ecc 3:1 (To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.)

My favorite funny changes regularly. Recently I saw a shirt that said 'the voices in my head have good ideas', so it's my favorite funny right now.

Oh! I've got a new favorite!

“Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight" - Japanese proverb.

Oh! I've got a new favorite!

“Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
I like those and shall be borrowing them for my list.
:D

"Physicists are an atom's way of knowing about atoms." -George Wald
... I think I need to brush up on geek speak. Is it one that can be explained, cause I'd like to understand it.
:rose:

Dunno whose it is, but I live by "Everything is always okay in the end, if it’s not okay, then it’s not the end."

And my favourite funny "Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you."

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily I just have to scream.

In struggling against anguish one never produces serenity; the struggle against anguish only produces new forms of anguish.
Simone Weil

... I think I need to brush up on geek speak. Is it one that can be explained, cause I'd like to understand it.

It just goes along with the line of thought that we are all facets of a universe that's just trying to experience and understand itself subjectively. ;)

It just goes along with the line of thought that we are all facets of a universe that's just trying to experience and understand itself subjectively. ;)
Ah. Seems like a fairly intriguing concept. I shall have to remember to come back and contemplate it when my emotions shut up and let my higher brain function return. There's nugget of golden wisdom in there somewhere, it's just hard to pick out that the moment.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Mahatma Gandhi

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
~Unknown

I want to do to you what spring does to the cherry blossom.

that's the translation.

"But man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time."

~Emerson

It may be an unwise man that doesn't learn from his own mistakes but it's an absolute idiot that doesn't learn from other people's. - Frasier

Back