What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it, reality is dismissed when it conflicts with what you want to believe. I'm sure the attorney that represented oil interests in the gulf didn't say that they were concerned that the moratorium would affect jobs, if it lasted 24 - 36 months.

A favorite tactic of the "right", lay out the "possibles" of a plan that doesn't exist to argue against one that does.

Barring that, pick out typos and sling baseless slander about as if you know what the hell you're talking about.

Poor little bear.. :rolleyes:

It affected jobs the day it started.

stupid bastard.:rolleyes:

UD. Stop being an idiot and listen to Vetteman. The economy went to shit BECAUSE there was a democrat majority. Same reason it's shit now. It's not their actions, their actions have nothing to do with it. Their party affiliation does.

In the same way that Ronald Reagan granted amnesty because it was good for America. And reducing the amount of nukes by Reagan made America stronger but Obama does the same thing and he gave away the farm.

Sheesh.

The economy is a tool used to control politics.

Do what "they" want, ot they tank the stock markets.

Guess what?

Congress is not going to pass a budget. The cowards. They blame Obama. Seems he's late in turning in his academic papers...

You want to tell me again that I'm full of shit? that they WON'T pass a budget so they can wait and blame all cuts on Republicans? that they don;t give a shit how much money they spend as long as that bottom 50% remains frightened and voting Democrat?

I'm not hoping for bad things to happen.
I'm not hoping for America to fail.
Barack Obama has already said in so many words that America HAS failed and he's here to be the transformational into a new age, a new age of mediocrity and strict goverment control of EVERYTHING!!!
Remember, this is the first time in Michelle's adult life that she's felt proud of this country.
Trickle up poverty (for everyone but the elites) is their plan, they want us to live like PIIGS!

Guess what else? Like we expected all during the big health care lie, Obama is now going to deem the benefit package as current law. Remember, it was supposed to be paid for for four years before going into effect, that's the magic that they used to make Health Care look like it wasn't a budget buster. These people truly have no concern in the world for how much money they spend; economics is not their focus...

Just Marxist ideology.

We listened to Obama, we listened to his answer to Joe, the Plumber, we understand history and we knew what was going to happen.

So sue us like Arizona...

We're ALL Arizonans now!

Guess what?

Congress is not going to pass a budget. The cowards. They blame Obama. Seems he's late in turning in his academic papers...

You want to tell me again that I'm full of shit? that they WON'T pass a budget so they can wait and blame all cuts on Republicans? that they don;t give a shit how much money they spend as long as that bottom 50% remains frightened and voting Democrat?

I'm not hoping for bad things to happen.
I'm not hoping for America to fail.
Barack Obama has already said in so many words that America HAS failed and he's here to be the transformational into a new age, a new age of mediocrity and strict goverment control of EVERYTHING!!!
Remember, this is the first time in Michelle's adult life that she's felt proud of this country.
Trickle up poverty (for everyone but the elites) is their plan, they want us to live like PIIGS!

Guess what else? Like we expected all during the big health care lie, Obama is now going to deem the benefit package as current law. Remember, it was supposed to be paid for for four years before going into effect, that's the magic that they used to make Health Care look like it wasn't a budget buster. These people truly have no concern in the world for how much money they spend; economics is not their focus...

Just Marxist ideology.

Nobama!
Nobama!
Nobama!

:rolleyes:

Nobama!
Nobama!
Nobama!

:rolleyes:

I told you so. I told you, "no budget, no atempt to right the ship!" and you acted like I was an idiot.

And the best answer you have is...

NOTHING!

PS - Guess who's saying the economy is still in dire straights?
--let me-- let me do the positive side of this. Okay? We've-- just been through eight years where people said-- many people said, ‘Deficits don't matter. We can-- we can pass huge tax cuts, pass huge new programs without paying for them.’ That debate has changed fundamentally. Now you don't hear people say anymore, ‘Deficits don't matter.’ You don't hear people saying that we can pass enormously—enormous expansion of government without paying for it. That's an important change. I think all Americans understand that our deficits are unsustainable. And I think that'll be helpful as we move to try to make the hard choices to bring them down again.”
TIMOTHY GEITHNER

(But we're not going to make the hard choices, we'll rule by edict, wait for the Republicans and then blame them for hating the poor, children, women, minorities, the middle-class, the union man, all they care about is their rich banking and oil buddies...)

We all knew there would be a housing hangover from the expiration of the tax credit," wrote Mike Larson, real estate and interest rate analyst at Weiss Research. "But this decline takes your breath away."

With the Dow climbing near 10,000 again what's happened to all of the dire, end of the world ravings of our resident "conservative" economists?

Where is all of this inflation we were warned about? According to reports the Consumer Price Index is down 1.5% overall from last year. Despite Augusts increase in prices, gasoline is still down 30% from the high a year ago.

Despite the dire warnings of some of Lit's resident math wizards the Chinese are still very much interested in buying US Treasury securities.

I guess the sky isn't falling after all. :cool:

People got lives?

Oh, wait, England still exists. Scratch that.

We all knew there would be a housing hangover from the expiration of the tax credit," wrote Mike Larson, real estate and interest rate analyst at Weiss Research. "But this decline takes your breath away."

*crickets*:cool:

Down 33% since new home subsidies expired.

I'm sure you're all in favor of those right? :rolleyes:

So you're saying that the improvement in home sales was artificially inflated by the tax credits, and the underlying fundamentals are weaker than they would appear otherwise? Is that your point?

Those Dem-O-Gags know that despite the President's bullshit, and as predicted by those of us who have lived through this shit before, tax increases on the Middle Class are needed to cover their insane spending orgy. They are loathe to allow their bothersome turd to float into full view in the public punch bowl.

Yet the Republicans aren't saying what they'd cut. Besides taxes. Which will increase the deficit.

Funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back