ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION to 11-14-08

I'd really like to have one of mine dissected - but the trouble is, it's a longer piece with 11 chapters. I don't expect everyone to want to read this much. Should I volunteer just the first chapter, maybe with a comment that discussion of the other chapters is also welcome if there is any interest in reading it all?

I haven't done this before, and I really don't want to be rude. :eek:

PM added link to discussion:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=566936

Last edited by a moderator:
fieryjen said:
I'd really like to have one of mine dissected - but the trouble is, it's a longer piece with 11 chapters. I don't expect everyone to want to read this much. Should I volunteer just the first chapter, maybe with a comment that discussion of the other chapters is also welcome if there is any interest in reading it all?

I haven't done this before, and I really don't want to be rude. :eek:

Hi Fiery!

Ok, you're next after Dr. M. That'll probably be in about ten days. You have the right idea for making the discussion of a long story practical; select a portion of the story, usually the opening, upon which to center the discussion. Should I understand you have a posted story in mind?

Take Care,
Penny

Hi Fiery!

Ok, you're next after Dr. M. That'll probably be in about ten days. You have the right idea for making the discussion of a long story practical; select a portion of the story, usually the opening, upon which to center the discussion. Should I understand you have a posted story in mind?

Take Care,
Penny

Yes. I'd like to discuss "The Darkness Beyond", which only went up recently.

Hi Penny...In keeping with the dark theme, I have a horror story I'd like to throw out if I may. It's less that a full Lit page so shouldn't take long.

Last edited:
fieryjen said:
Yes. I'd like to discuss " The Darkness Beyond ", which only went up recently.

Hi Fiery,

Doc's been kind enough to give us a hint that he thinks his discussion is near an end and it looks like he's right, so if there's not a flurry of new comments, feel free to start yours anytime Friday or later.

If you're not totally familiar with discussions, there are a few links in post #603 above that may be worth visiting. You can click on the third link when you're ready to create the discussion thread. The title should be Story Discussion: Jan 18, 2008. " The Darkness Beyond " by fieryjen

I read the first two chapters of your story. Together, they're a shade under seven thousand words and, unless you have another preference, I think that's a good portion of the story upon which to focus the discussion.

If you've any questions or concerns, don't be shy about asking them here or by PM!

Take Care,
Penny

Hi,

I'd like to put a marker down in the queue for when it gets quieter.

It's the story i mentioned as trying to get round the "I / you" problem.

I've already had a story up recently, so just consider me the back marker of the queue until everyone else has had a chance :)

Many-Eyed Hydra

manyeyedhydra said:

I've already had a story up recently, so just consider me the back marker of the queue until everyone else has had a chance :)

Hi, Scaly One!

Great timing. We just shuffled the queue since Jomar is taking a little trip. The order is now: me, Jomar, and then you.

Hi,

Hydra,

Feel free to start your discussion thread whenever you're comfortable doing so.

P.S.

:) After Hydra's story, our queue's empty, so anyone else wanting to host a discussion need only say so here. :)

I'd like to put myself in the queue for a story discussion sometime in the future.
There's no rush whatsoever, as I'm still waiting for it to go through my editor before I even put it up on Lit.
It's a fantasy first-person, and I think that I need a few people's opinions on how it flows so far, and everything else.

Just put me on the back burner for now and I'll let you know when it's up and ready.

I'd like to put myself in the queue for a story discussion sometime in the future.
There's no rush whatsoever, as I'm still waiting for it to go through my editor before I even put it up on Lit.
It's a fantasy first-person, and I think that I need a few people's opinions on how it flows so far, and everything else.
So do you want to discuss your story prior to submitting it, or after it's posted?

So do you want to discuss your story prior to submitting it, or after it's posted?

After it's posted, which hopefully won't be too long.
I'll give my editor another day, then put it up anyway. I'm sure I can get just as good, if not better, suggestions from the group.

My story has been approved! Yey!
And it's got it's first comment, after like a day.
So, what do I do next?

So, what do I do next?

Hiya.

This thread has all the instructions:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=304663

But I feel I'm stepping on Penny's toes so I'll hurriedly back away :)

I saw that first comment after I read your story and did cringe a little. Seeing my name used as a yardstick to beat someone else's story up is a kind of flattery I could do without to be honest :( (especially when it's not a particularly big stick :D )

I look forward to the discussion anyway! :)

Hiya.

This thread has all the instructions:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=304663

But I feel I'm stepping on Penny's toes so I'll hurriedly back away :)
Not at all. Thank you for helping.

NanashiKuro said:
So, what do I do next?
Since your story is already posted, no one needs to review it prior to a discussion. There's no one else in the queue, so you can start your discussion thread whenever you wish. See post #603, above, for quasi-instructions.

P.S.
If you have any questions, just PM Hydra. :D

Last edited:
I saw that first comment after I read your story and did cringe a little. Seeing my name used as a yardstick to beat someone else's story up is a kind of flattery I could do without to be honest :( (especially when it's not a particularly big stick :D )

I look forward to the discussion anyway! :)

I thought that comment was a little harsh. Whomever it was obviously has a style that they like and is not open to any other ideas. They also obviously didn't get what my story was about. :p to them!

Right, starting the thread now!

Notice to our SDC friends

Penny is away for a few days. If there is any urgent matter, PM me, not her. I will do any day to day maintenance while she's away, and maybe get some other things launched.

Any volunteers with stories?

pure.

OK, I'll volunteer a story.

It's the first of a continuing series: Brigit.

I'd like some criticism and discussion about how to develop beyond the three existing stories.

Og

Ok

Ogg, lead off by making a thread styled like the other official ones; i think the last was in April.

Give the link and your questions. I'm not sure if Brigit is one story or three; or the name of the series? Can you clarify?

best,
j.

Last edited:
Ogg, lead off by making a thread styled like the other official ones; i think the last was in April.

Give the link and your questions. I'm not sure if Brigit is one story or three; or the name of the series? Can you clarify?

best,
j.

OK.

Will try. I'm not familiar with the methodology of the SDC.

Og

I am sorry if I am being a nuisance to anybody, but beeing here only a short time. The forums, and rules are confusing !

After reading some sticky threads I found this to be the place, to get a few persons to give constructive criticism to my story.

It is not uploaded here yet, so what is prefered by you ?
That I first get help to fix grammar and spelling then upload it, or ?

Any feedback would be lovely : )

I am sorry if I am being a nuisance to anybody, but beeing here only a short time. The forums, and rules are confusing !

After reading some sticky threads I found this to be the place, to get a few persons to give constructive criticism to my story.

It is not uploaded here yet, so what is prefered by you ?
That I first get help to fix grammar and spelling then upload it, or ?

Any feedback would be lovely : )

No, you are not being a nuisance, and I owe you an apology for not having noticed your post sooner. :(

If you'd still like to submit a story for discussion that is not yet posted, we can do that. Send it to me first- just need to peek and see if it meets our site's primary rules: no kids or critters! After that, we can post your story right in the thread.

You might want to have a look at some old discussion threads (links below) to decide if this manner of feedback is what you seek.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=608968

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=583242

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=573162

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=568638

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=565202

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=566936

Back