Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I decided to downsize, I had a hell of a time finding smaller plates and bowls! It seems everything now is gigantic, because people want a 'decent' plate of food.
I soon learned that filling a much smaller plate or bowl was just as satisfying, because my eyes still told me I was eating a full plate.

I don't own a dishwasher any more. And when I had one I hardly used it anyway :p

Most of my meals include pulses and legumes, so can't be cooked in a microwave very well.

I use a crock pot and rice cooker too!

I just looked it up and found this:
"Since the early 1900s, the size of a normal American dinner plate has become at least 25% larger. In the 1960s, plates were roughly 9 inches in diameter. In the 1980s, they grew to around 10 inches. By the year 2000, the average dinner plate was 11 inches in diameter, and now, it’s not unusual to find dishes that are 12 inches or larger. And that’s aside from restaurant plates, which can sometimes resemble small boats! And of course, the larger the plate, the calories the food that’s on it can really add up."
Read more at http://www.vegkitchen.com/nutrition/how-the-size-of-dinner-plates-affect-portion-control/#w8PlhIoi0h1Jv8MD.99"

All my plates are 1980's or older. Only the smallest ones which fit, I think are Corelle but those are starting to look iffy around the edges. They are glass. Also the cups don't fit in the cup place in the dishwasher. A friend gave me some stoneware that is in good shape and everything fits but the dinner plates.

The fine china and I would have wash, except a bone china coffee set someone gave me, I have put it through, I am not particularly attached to it.

Someone gave me a winter scene set because the plates and bowls were too small for them and they are HUGE.

I will give it away the next time someone needs dishes.

Sex and homemade Chuck Roast Hash for breakfast; both were delicious. :cattail:

The pastry might have a million layers.
I bucked the instructions. But I stuck to structure rules.
With brown sugar syrup and toasted pecans, it is orgasmic good.

A million trips to the refrigerator, to keep the pastry cold.

I am glad that I indulged, before I looked outside, and what there is to shovel.

(How the chef must seethe, when the patrons shovel the pastries down their gullets, as if they were crisps, or popcorn. Sipped, not gulped!)

Let them eat pie crust!

Sex and homemade Chuck Roast Hash for breakfast; both were delicious. :cattail:

Mmmmm Roast beef hash for breakfast one of my favorites but mine comes from a can because... lazy :(

BTW the other day did you have any Locoum or Kourabia when with your mudd? :D

The pastry might have a million layers.
I bucked the instructions. But I stuck to structure rules.
With brown sugar syrup and toasted pecans, it is orgasmic good.

A million trips to the refrigerator, to keep the pastry cold.

I am glad that I indulged, before I looked outside, and what there is to shovel.

(How the chef must seethe, when the patrons shovel the pastries down their gullets, as if they were crisps, or popcorn. Sipped, not gulped!)

Let them eat pie crust!

Reading this my first thought was you are eating some Paklava

Mmmmm Roast beef hash for breakfast one of my favorites but mine comes from a can because... lazy :(

BTW the other day did you have any Locoum or Kourabia when with your mudd? :D

Grumpy cooked for me...I was lazing about on the couch. ;)
Roast, onions, potatoes and beets...red flannel, lovely. :cattail:

We did not have either, no. The only desserts they offered were baklava and milk pudding (I have lactose issues so that wasn't an option).

New England, under a high layer of meringue that was collected during the week.
Small paths in the meringue were scraped away.
The naked cake paths were covered thinly with powdered sugar on Friday.
Saturday, the powdered sugar was blanketed with a layer of cream cheese frosting.

Next up, marzipan, whipped cream, and marshmallow fluff. Maybe, some nonpareils and some hard crack sugar wafers.

Wet snow, as thick as marzipan ?
Snow, that is as dry and dusty, as powdered sugar ?
Barley malt icicles and hard candy covered ponds.

I have steel-cut oatmeal that takes about 20 minutes to boil in the morning. Today I mixed in a bit of peanut butter and some honey for flavor.

I had the most awful frozen pizza tonight (ducks behind counter to avoid Never's shoe) so now I feel like going to Noor's drunk GB thread and getting trashed.

Frozen pizza is vile.

Come to me and let me kneed you some firm, faintly yeast-scented dough into a crust, spread fresh toppings on it, and plunge it into the heart of flame to cook.

Doesn't that sound so much better than your cardboard tasting crust and petrified ingredients?

I have steel-cut oatmeal that takes about 20 minutes to boil in the morning. Today I mixed in a bit of peanut butter and some honey for flavor.

Frozen pizza is vile.

Come to me and let me kneed you some firm, faintly yeast-scented dough into a crust, spread fresh toppings on it, and plunge it into the heart of flame to cook.

Doesn't that sound so much better than your cardboard tasting crust and petrified ingredients?

You are aware that some of the white "cheese" on the top of frozen pizzas is just high grade lard to keep the pizza from drying out when in the oven.

Hot multi grain cereal with cranberries and a touch of brown sugar. One cara cara orange and an espresso. Nice way to warm up on a chilly winter morning.

Frozen pizza is vile.

Yes it does (I'm glad here was no shoe throwing) :chuckle;

Last edited:
B9ar-V3CYAEOiAe.jpg

We made homemade pizza this weekend...marinated chicken breast, artichoke hearts, avocado and freshly grated cheese. Yum!!

That was not chowder.

That was yellow mini roasted Mini Finn puree with some salmon chowder thrown in.

Mmmm! Salty!

That is why I cannot be a good vegetarian.
No milk, no chowder, no fish, no Mac & Cheese ?
No way.

Mango Chicken Curry over millet

Even better the next day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back