Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celery is very good for your stomach. I think Buttermilk & Yogurt is better though. I was thinking about going to the ER Wed but the BM & Y smoothies fixed me right up.

Plate questions

What kind of plates do you eat off of when you are not entertaining?

Do you use different kind of plates for different meals?

Do you hand wash them or put them in the dishwasher?

Do you use your eating plates in the microwave to cook?

How big are your dinner plates?

That's pretty private stuff.

Celery is very good for your stomach. I think Buttermilk & Yogurt is better though. I was thinking about going to the ER Wed but the BM & Y smoothies fixed me right up.

For constipation? Stomach ache? Blockage?

No posting my dinnerware!

I am trying to make some decisions here so I wondered what other people do.

I am beginning to think my dinnerware life has been a bit eccentric.

Chips and cracks uncensored!

Sounds like a Mike Yates thread!

I didn't ask if it was chopped or cracked, I really don't want to know what you guys do with it when it isn't holding food. That is solely between you and your dinnerware. :D

I didn't ask if it was chopped or cracked, I really don't want to know what you guys do with it when it isn't holding food. That is solely between you and your dinnerware. :D

What?

Chipped dinnerware?

Who the fuck uses that?

Haha! I will not lie and tell you that we wash our dishes in the bathtub, then. ;)

The ER? Yikes!

Yep I was in a bad way.

For constipation? Stomach ache? Blockage?

For stomach pain. It lasted for over 24hrs, couldn't eat, sleep, it just wouldn't go away. None of the usual stuff worked Celery juice, ginger tea, pepto, alka seltzer. The Butter milk & yogurt smoothies were the only thing between me & the ER.

My dinnerware it has some kind of fruit design lol. I'm thinking about just getting something white, it goes with anything you serve.

Yep I was in a bad way.

For stomach pain. It lasted for over 24hrs, couldn't eat, sleep, it just wouldn't go away. None of the usual stuff worked Celery juice, ginger tea, pepto, alka seltzer. The Butter milk & yogurt smoothies were the only thing between me & the ER.

My dinnerware it has some kind of fruit design lol. I'm thinking about just getting something white, it goes with anything you serve.

My dad had something similar to what you described and it turned out to be a heart attack! My mom made him go to the ER. When they ran tests he had had a previous one too. Of course you are probably not his age and all that.

Still 24hrs is nothing to fool around with, it could have been a blockage which can be quite nasty. Glad you are ok.

I have a set of everyday dinnerware for normal use and a set of beautiful Japanese dishes for guests.

Yes - depending on the meal.

All my dishes are handwashed.

I never use the microwave to cook. It's for defrosting and reheating only, and I have a set of pyrex dishes specifically for that.

My dinner plates are the size of large side/bread plates. I switched everything out for smaller sizes some yrs ago for portion control.

My everyday plates are 21cm across.
Bowls are 13cm across and 5cm deep.

Thank you! One of the reasons I have been wondering is that I was given a dishwasher, which I really like but it only takes dinner plates until 10.5 inches/ 26.5 cm, and most of my newer dinner plates are at least a very small amount bigger and don't fit, like a 1/8 of an inch. It's a Japanese one, so I wondered what other dinner plate sizes were.

I have a few sets of dishes that I have acquired and only one that is breaking down really fits. I haven't tried the wedgwood, maybe it would and I suppose I shouldn't wash bone china in it.

I also realized tonight that I don't often use the dinner plates unless I am entertaining. I do however cook in my microwave, potatoes, baked apples, oatmeal, veggies.

Thank you! One of the reasons I have been wondering is that I was given a dishwasher, which I really like but it only takes dinner plates until 10.5 inches/ 26.5 cm, and most of my newer dinner plates are at least a very small amount bigger and don't fit, like a 1/8 of an inch. It's a Japanese one, so I wondered what other dinner plate sizes were.

I have a few sets of dishes that I have acquired and only one that is breaking down really fits. I haven't tried the wedgwood, maybe it would and I suppose I shouldn't wash bone china in it.

I also realized tonight that I don't often use the dinner plates unless I am entertaining. I do however cook in my microwave, potatoes, baked apples, oatmeal, veggies.

When I decided to downsize, I had a hell of a time finding smaller plates and bowls! It seems everything now is gigantic, because people want a 'decent' plate of food.
I soon learned that filling a much smaller plate or bowl was just as satisfying, because my eyes still told me I was eating a full plate.

I don't own a dishwasher any more. And when I had one I hardly used it anyway :p

Most of my meals include pulses and legumes, so can't be cooked in a microwave very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back