Writing Again

warning: No Evidence Has Ever Been Produced That JBJ Knows Squat About Writing Or Publishing
 
warning: No Evidence Has Ever Been Produced That JBJ Knows Squat About Writing Or Publishing

The warning should have been in all caps and red. Kinda like this...

WARNING: No Evidence Has Ever Been Produced That JBJ Knows Squat About Writing Or Publishing

See that looks much better.

:)
 
After a long break from writing (doing lots of editing, then the wedding, then more editing) I have now started creating again and jeez - I'm finding it hard. Weird thing is that I can;t remember if it was always this hard and I forgot, or if my writing muscles have got all rusty in the meantime.

Do you find it hard to switch between writing and editing or is it just me?
x
V
Keep at it, V. You obviously are doing something right since you have reached a clear seperation between writing and editing :D I'm still not sure where one stops and the next begins, thus I find myself continually writing and re-writing and...

It does get harder to write sex scenes (for some) once the initial flush of imagination is drained, sex requires contextualising. It's not always easy since characters, like real people, are not inclined to wilt at the knees at the sight of a pair of blue/brown eyes without a back story to explain why they are ripe for the plucking. Just my take.
 
Keep at it, V. You obviously are doing something right since you have reached a clear seperation between writing and editing :D I'm still not sure where one stops and the next begins, thus I find myself continually writing and re-writing and...

It does get harder to write sex scenes (for some) once the initial flush of imagination is drained, sex requires contextualising. It's not always easy since characters, like real people, are not inclined to wilt at the knees at the sight of a pair of blue/brown eyes without a back story to explain why they are ripe for the plucking. Just my take.

The back story is the easy bit, coming up with the plot is still working, where I'm struggling is in creating the sentences so that they flow, they convey what I want without repetition, hesitation, deviation etc and they keep the reader's interest. Knowing where I'm going is one thing, getting there is another. I think it was probably always this hard (with occasional good days where things just flowed) but I'd forgotten how damn hard it was. Let's face it, if it was easy everyone would be doing it and making money from it, wouldn't they?

x
V
 
Back
Top