Where In Hell Did We Go Wrong?

Rather than have this turn into threadjack however - I have a buddy (White) I went to high school with who worked for my ex father in law (White), who had a tee shirt printing business - he'd buy artwork off the local Indians, my buddy would do the screens, and eventually started doing fetish and blanket based designs himself.

I never cop of the Native Americans myself it feels dishonest, I cop off the Celts.

They were nice Tee shirts though.

Anyway, here's that Wired article on micromanufacturing: Clive Thompson on the Revolution in Micromanufacturing

Last summer I spent weeks shopping for an anniversary present for my wife. I searched all my usual retail sources but couldn't find anything that hit just the right note. Then I went to Etsy—an ecommerce site where artisans sell unique handmade goods—and found the microstore of ClockworkZero, a woman who turns old electronics gear into steampunk accessories. Presto: ClockworkZero's stuff was both gorgeous and geeky, precisely the vibe I craved. I came away with a necklace made from a vintage vacuum tube.

It turns out that I'm not alone in my search for that perfect one-off treasure. Judging from the explosive growth of Etsy and other online boutiques, the Web is spawning a curious new trend: micro-manufacturing. Consider the numbers. Etsy has 2 million users buying nearly $90 million worth of stuff annually. Its sales have increased twentyfold in the past two years. I was aware of the site but had dismissed it as some sort of urban-hipster thing—until I started seeing chatter about it on discussion boards for wealthy professionals and stay-at-home moms.
 
Tom Laughlin isn't an Indian.

THAT COMMENT IS HERESY OF THE WORST KIND. TOM INVENTED INDIANS. IT MAY BE TECHNICALLY TRUE THAT HE HAS NO INDIAN GENES, BUT PLENTY OF WOMEN WALKING AROUND HAVE NO FEMALE GENES, EITHER. And God knows the number of men out there with no balls.
 
Back
Top