What's on Your Mind?

Recuperating from several very emotional days processing some VERY heavy crap. Need to get away from virtual land. (Step away from the keyboard.)

Sometimes you reach out to people in moments of stress. People who meant something for a time. Someone who disappointed you, someone you disappointed. You live long enough, there are those moments. We do the best we can do.
Amen. And the best we can do sometimes varies widely from one day to the next.

It’s amazing how those close to me in real life can be so harshly judgmental and unforgiving, when they are just as human as I am.

I’m reading and thinking the answer of “what’s on your mind” just to find out I’m reading and thinking the answer of “what’s on your mind” just to find out I’m reading and thinking the answer of……

People will always disappoint us. We will always disappoint others. We can just do the best we can do at any given moment and sometimes it isn't enough. Do what you can and love yourself. And keep learning. :)

People will always disappoint us. We will always disappoint others. We can just do the best we can do at any given moment and sometimes it isn't enough. Do what you can and love yourself. And keep learning. :)
Wherever I go there I am.

The question is, what are my intentions? Am I lobbying for compassionate and courageous change in my world around me? Or, am I beating my breast, flogging myself, regretting my mistakes, dwelling on words said in anger that hurt people deeply, myself included, and retreating into my walls?

I’m laying in bed watching The Golden Girls and wondering if I’ll have any regrets when I’m elderly. I’m 35 years old and have no regrets (so far).
Time is a great healer but scars remain until we've lost the ability to remember what caused them.

How I miss those days when Bob Dole and Daniel Monyihan oversaw the senate.
Ha! When the news was more polite... inquisitive but polite. When big oil, tobacco and guns were still symbols of American success! Not the despotic and necrotic excesses they really are.

Back