What Are You Thinking? Continued 14

With round 1 of the Stanley Cup seemingly ending early, I can get some well needed sleep.

It's so weird when Christians don't know what denomination of church they go to. I was chatting with my friend's boyfriend. He goes to church every day, yet when I asked him what denomination of church he goes to, he said "as far as I know, it's Christian". Thanks, Captain Obvious. How can you not know if it's Baptist, etc?

A lot of churches are non-denominational these days. There are Protestant churches, Catholica churches, Jewish temple and synagogues, Sikh, Islamic, Buddhist... It's not that simple.
Is the Church of England still Protestant? I think they went to war over that a few times.
We have a church nearby that is Middle Eastern Christian. I'm sure there are many different beliefs within that community.
Anyway, just my two cents.

A lot of churches are non-denominational these days. There are Protestant churches, Catholica churches, Jewish temple and synagogues, Sikh, Islamic, Buddhist... It's not that simple.
Is the Church of England still Protestant? I think they went to war over that a few times.
We have a church nearby that is Middle Eastern Christian. I'm sure there are many different beliefs within that community.
Anyway, just my two cents.
This doesn’t make sense, why are you including Jews, Sikh, Islam and Buddhism in your church denomination sentence, and yes CofE is very much Protestant, they are the first National church to break from the Papacy.

This doesn’t make sense, why are you including Jews, Sikh, Islam and Buddhism in your church denomination sentence, and yes CofE is very much Protestant, they are the first National church to break from the Papacy.
CoE isn't very much Protestant. They're sorta-kinda Protestant, more in the sense that they're a western church that's not Roman Catholic. Unlike traditional Protestantism, the Anglican break from Rome was more a political split than a theological one. Episcopalian rites, services, and polity are very similar to Catholic, except for the lack of a Pope. But while there were some tenuous connections between early Anglicans and Protestant Reformers, there's not a direct line the way there is with modern Lutherans, Presbyterians, Reformed, or other Protestant denominations.

Reactions: Cat
Back