What are you fuckers reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bird Eater by Ania Ahlborn. Creepy. I've only one left of hers to read now, gutted, she's fab.

Insomnia by Stephen King. It's part of my Dark Tower reread before the movie comes out.

Finished The Bird Eater, liked that one the least by her.

Now on Lethal Marriage (The Unspeakable Crimes of Paul Bernado and Karla Homolka) by Nick Pron. What a pair of sick fucks.

The New York Times won the Pulitizer Prize for Journalism today in Feature Writing. The winning entry was The Fighter.

It's a longform saga of a Marine's return from Afghanistan, and how both a prosecutor and a judge ended up having second thoughts about convicting him of a violent crime against another Marine.

Rough story of redemption, and well worth reading. I can see why this piece won the prize.

Hope to read this...

The Decibel Diaries: A Journey through Rock in 50 Concerts

Carter Alan

DJ and music director at WZLX in Boston
Out of 3,200 concerts, he has selected 50 to write about.

"Of local interest, many of the concerts chronicled in the book took place in New England, some in venues that no longer exist (either lamentably, like the Rat in Boston, or mercifully, like the Manning Bowl in Lynn), and local heroes the Cars, J. Geils Band, and Aerosmith are included."
" I love Kate Bush and wish I could have seen her first shows since 1979..."

- Carter Alan

"In 1981 he took in Prince at Boston’s Metro nightclub – “Before the Purple Reign” in the words of the chapter title."

http://artsfuse.org/157554/book-feature-the-decibel-diaries-a-journey-through-rock-in-50-concerts/

I am going to finish Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher this evening so that I can watch the show. Then I need to read Neil Gaiman'scAmerican Gods for the same reason (although that one has been on my shelf for a year now and I have just been procrastinating in the usual bookish way).

Extreme Prey and American Gods.

Prey is decent for being like the 400th book in the series or something.
Gods is good so far but barely into it.

72199._UY500_SS500_.jpg

Weber is far from being the best writer in the world, but he spins a good yarn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back