Valentine's Day Story Ideas

sirhugs

Riding to the Rescue
No official starter's pistol yet, nor a support thread on the Author's Hangout, but if you want to get started soon, we need ideas.

the details so far:

Valentine's Day
themes: romantic love, Valentine's Day, Cupid, sensuality, etc.
starts: January 14
closes: February 5
winners announced: February 12

Now I'm not a huge fan of my own romance writing, but there is scope to do other things.

Like :
what so vampires do on valentines day?
or werewolves?
or tentacle monsters in love?
should Cupid be put in handcuffs by the aromantics?
it would be a great day for a spouse swapping event...
or speed dating, with everyone required to have sex with one of the other participants.

The vampire take, with that bright red blood is... intriguing... :heart:

Hmm. Tentacle monster in love sounds like it'd be a lot of fun. Also, it'd be even more hilarious if the tentacle monster was completely oblivious to the concept of tentacle hentai and has to be introduced to it later. LOL

Random idea related to that -

Tentacle monster sweetly feeding their love a piece of Valentine's Day chocolate and the love accepts happily, maybe sucks on the tip of the tentacle a bit.

-

Maybe a story that involves some kind of curse that can only be broken after making love with one's true love.

-

Oooh! What about a mystery story involving a sexy secret admirer letter that gets the main character all hot and bothered and eager to meet the person who sent it?

-

Romance (any genders) involving a superhero x supervillain (THE BANTER), an elf x a dwarf (lots of belligerent sexual tension), mobster/gangster-type x cop (drama!), alien scientist x human scientist (or another, different alien scientist) (they want to study each other and experiment), magic user x scientist (constantly trying to outdo each other), vampire x werewolf (monster smash)

-

A polyamory love story of some kind. Maybe a fantasy one involving a royal x knight x court mage (and/or a commoner and/or a merchant)

Or an adventurer x a bunch of humanized, sentient dungeon monsters (mimic, slime, dragon, shadow, what have you)

Or a whole council of different alien scientists x human scientist

Elf x Dwarf x Orc?

Superhero x Supervillain x Sidekick?

I still like the idea of a rogue Cupid who starts slinging his arrows at wildly inappropriate couples in order to foment anarchy and of course hilarity.

I still like the idea of a rogue Cupid who starts slinging his arrows at wildly inappropriate couples in order to foment anarchy and of course hilarity.

could certainly aim at various categories.

Robots need loving too...

I once contributed a story to a collection called "Zombies Need Love, Too," which I believe is still in print. The stories in that collection weren't as explicit as typical Lit stories, but the concept could certainly be extended to Lit level smut.

flower girl stories are good for V-Day.

How long can she stand selling them before she wishes somebody would buy some for her?
Or is she so tired of roses that the guy who brings her simple daisies wins her heart?

nipples like hearts, labia like rose petals... is this just a dream, or is it an alien love story?

Beyond the notion of a rogue Cupid: Cupid is up for a performance review. in an environment in which traditional passion is being challenged by those who have long been outsiders. Cupid himself is a stodgy old adherent to love being granted only to MF couples, almost always young, who have desire for only one person of the opposite sex.

Cupid pushes back against the outsiders, but he's facing an interview with Zeus. That perv, who did the swan imitation, among many other sexual transgressions, might sympathize with those calling for Cupid to loosen up. Cupid wades through the Olympian bureaucracy, trying to get his interview shifted to Hera, who is sick to death of just about all physical passion. While Cupid is distracted, someone breaks into his storage shed and steals a bunch of arrows.

Hilarity ensues.

I may take a stab at this one myself.

Cupid specializing in mature match ups might be fun.

Who says there is only one Cupid? There could be a Young Love Cupid, a Mature Couple Cupid, a Trans-Love Cupid, a Girl-On-Girl Cupid, an Incest Cupid, etc. etc. etc. They get together at the bar after work and swap stories of their accomplishments and failures.

Who says there is only one Cupid? There could be a Young Love Cupid, a Mature Couple Cupid, a Trans-Love Cupid, a Girl-On-Girl Cupid, an Incest Cupid, etc. etc. etc. They get together at the bar after work and swap stories of their accomplishments and failures.

is it a pick up bar?

a Lack of Roses

all the greenhouses make more money growing marijuana, and all the flower shops have become weed outlets... what's a romantic to do?

all the greenhouses make more money growing marijuana, and all the flower shops have become weed outlets... what's a romantic to do?

I'm flipping this and stealing it. Simple yet brilliant. Pot grower turns his hydro set up to roses to woo a lovely lass.

I'm flipping this and stealing it. Simple yet brilliant. Pot grower turns his hydro set up to roses to woo a lovely lass.

It ain't stealing if it is given freely.

I have posted before but repeat that I have so many ideas, unless I specifically say I am workshopping one for my own use, they are all free to a good home.

I look forward to your take on it. sounds promising. Please provide a link once it is posted.

I look forward to your take on it. sounds promising. Please provide a link once it is posted.

Lol I'm still waiting on the one I started three years ago to finish percolating, and the halloween one, and the christmas one, and the nude day one, and the Vday one from 2 years ago ...

Lol I'm still waiting on the one I started three years ago to finish percolating, and the halloween one, and the christmas one, and the nude day one, and the Vday one from 2 years ago ...

Try a French press.

So I know love potion/aphrodisiac laced candies and such have been suggested in the past but I think one thing that would be fun is if the item in question affects the sender, not the recipient…so if you were already in love with the person you’re sending it to, you couldn’t tell the difference, but if you were indifferent or trying to play a prank on someone you’d suddenly find yourself in love with them.

For example: Last year of high school, bully decides to play a prank on a student by sending them a Valentine with a love confession arhat asks the victim to come meet them somewhere. They plan on filming and embarrassing the student but the moment the student opens the Valentine, the bully is suddenly overcome with love and lust.

Or indifferent: Class President sends everyone in her class a valentine. She doesn’t really care but figures it never hurts to make the more lonely students feel like she cares so she can get them to do stuff for her. A lot of the students see the gesture for what it is and tosses them in the trash but the lonely ones open theirs and suddenly our prim student is trying to get them all to gangbang her after school.

Back