TSCLT 4.0: Bitchy Malevolent Baby Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The damn hot water supply froze while it was dripping. Silly son of a bitch!!!

So I cleaned up a bit and made eats. Good eats. Bacon-n-egg eats.

The power has stayed steady for the last hour or not quite.

And the sun is out, so it's more pleasant than it might be.

tumblr_o6eftfLGlT1v4h983o1_500.jpg

I have chili and cornbread on. Then I have a Tom Wolfe novel to finish. I haven't read anything by him since Electric Acid, way back when, but this is mesmerizing. "Back to Blood." He has diagnosed not only a problem with society in general, but this board specifically: a lot of white liberals looking for traitors to their "race." Viva la Raza!

The only other T. Wolfe book I have read besides Acid was A Man In Full.

Seems he and I went to the same . . . school, and he makes a reference or three to it. Needless to say, our opinions and experiences are 180* different.

So I lump him into That Crowd and judge him accordingly. But even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

And people do change, especially when Death is nipping at their heels, so . . . .

tumblr_nnsqu1MjTw1r9x3w6o1_1280.jpg

I have chili and cornbread on. Then I have a Tom Wolfe novel to finish. I haven't read anything by him since Electric Acid, way back when, but this is mesmerizing. "Back to Blood." He has diagnosed not only a problem with society in general, but this board specifically: a lot of white liberals looking for traitors to their "race." Viva la Raza!

He does a pretty good job of putting society under a magnifying glass. "Bonfire" is almost as timely today as when written.

Most people don't change more than a degree or two, they just get better at choosing their targets and hiding their dark side. That is just the opinion of my jaded side showing.

My water is running and that means cooking and chores, my housemates are out assisting with someone else's frozen pipes so I have tunes turned up and I'm scaring the pups with some dance moves while I work. Mrs Doubtfire has nothing on me :D

giphy.gif

The dryer is taking forever, so I ran a couple of tests.

Seems the heating coil has crapped out.

I'm so delighted that I have something to fix next weekend.

Like I needed to add to the list . . . . :rolleyes:

tumblr_nnsqtzFwbi1r9x3w6o1_1280.jpg

So far 2018 is kicking my ass, lost my temper today and started kicking back, I need to work out more in case I have to hide bodies in the near future

seizeduck%20copy_860.jpg

I'm going to give you folks an AWESOME cornbread recipe. I've kept this one secret for 40 years now...........time to share it.

Preheat oven to 400 deg. Liberally grease a 9" cake pan or cast iron skillet. While the oven is heating;

In a large bowl mix together 1 cup corn meal, 1 cup Aunt Jemimah ORIGINAL pancake mix (the Original is important, the Complete shit don't work), and 1 tsp baking powder. For traditional cornbread, no sugar.

For slightly sweet add 1 tbsp sugar,
for really sweet add 2 tbsp sugar,
for "I like Candy" add 1/4 cup sugar.

In a separate bowl beat together 1 egg and 1/4 cup veg. oil. (2 eggs if you like the corn bread more 'cakey.') After the egg(s) and oil are well mixed mix in 1 cup of milk.

When the oven is heated put the pan/skillet in the oven for 5 minutes minimum. When time is up, mix the liquid and dry together, remove pan/skillet and pour in the mixture. Return to oven and bake for 20 mins.

Me? I add a couple of chopped Hatch green chile's to the final mixture.

Green Chile Cornbread Mmmmmmmm.

I'm going to give you folks an AWESOME cornbread recipe. I've kept this one secret for 40 years now...........time to share it.

Preheat oven to 400 deg. Liberally grease a 9" cake pan or cast iron skillet. While the oven is heating;

In a large bowl mix together 1 cup corn meal, 1 cup Aunt Jemimah ORIGINAL pancake mix (the Original is important, the Complete shit don't work), and 1 tsp baking powder. For traditional cornbread, no sugar.

In a separate bowl beat together 1 egg and 1/4 cup veg. oil. (2 eggs if you like the corn bread more 'cakey.') After the egg(s) and oil are well mixed mix in 1 cup of milk.

When the oven is heated put the pan/skillet in the oven for 5 minutes minimum. When time is up, mix the liquid and dry together, remove pan/skillet and pour in the mixture. Return to oven and bake for 20 mins.

Well looky there, He's not just another pretty face!

Up here in the hills . . . I found what's real . . . . :D

I may have to try that-there cornbread for fun and games - to compare against my own, of course. I beat my shortening in hot, because it sat in the pan while the oven preheated. To 450. And mine only gets 1 tsp of sugar.

It's nearly 20 degrees warmer here than it is at home. Whoda thunkit??? We get rain tomorrow, it looks like.

And, yes, I remembered to bring my rain boots . . . .

tumblr_nnsqtyIm8W1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg

I was cruising down the highway and the average MPG readout was teasing the 45 MPG. I babied it a bit and hit that mark. And climbing. Can I hit 46? Done @400 elapsed miles. On the way back I took the old NW slashing highway to hypermiie. Hit 47. Got home at 47.3. I'm definitely going to get 550 plus miles out of this one tank of gas.

Car probably had a head replaced. Running too well for a quarter-million miles.

They never should have retired this car. Their loss, my gain. -till the battery fails. I'm pretty pleased with myself I could throw this thing away in a year and have only spent $150 a month for the car and what maybe another 50 bucks in gas?

Last edited:
there, you know, over yonder

Yeah, I know. It's still cornbread, tho'

I was cruising down the highway and the average MPG readout was teasing the 45 MPG. I babied it a bit and hit that mark. And climbing. Can I hit 46? Done @400 elapsed miles. On the way back I took the old NW slashing highway to hypermiie. Hit 47. Got home at 47.3. I'm definitely going to get 550 plus miles out of this one tank of gas.

Car probably had a head replaced. Running to well for a quarter million miles.

They never should have retired this car. Their loss, my gain. -till the battery fails. I'm pretty pleased with myself I could throw this thing away in a year and have only spent $150 a month for the car and what maybe another 50 bucks in gas?

I got 11 months and nearly 60K miles out of a $2200 Corolla. It averaged just shy of 35MPG. I couldn't ask for much better, really, so when it took a shit (broken head), I tossed it. It owed me nothing.

Big-Titted-Blonde-Goddess-Zuzana-Drabinova-Sunbating-PhotoDromm-10.jpg

Happy Monday!!!

We got Monday weather today - freezing rain. That shit is the absolute worst. Fortunately, it should wait and start after we all get on the job, and it should warm up and turn to regular rain in an hour or two.

I remember driving a car with a bad defroster once and freezing rain showed up each Friday for three weeks in a row. I haven't seen much of it since.

I prefer snow if I have to have something wintry.

tumblr_nnsqtvXfGM1r9x3w6o1_1280.jpg

The only other T. Wolfe book I have read besides Acid was A Man In Full.

Seems he and I went to the same . . . school, and he makes a reference or three to it. Needless to say, our opinions and experiences are 180* different.

So I lump him into That Crowd and judge him accordingly. But even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

And people do change, especially when Death is nipping at their heels, so . . . .

This book, so far, does not read like any sort of virtue signaling, other than by focusing on Miami, it reverses the roles of majority and minority (and laughably, how blacks still try to present themselves as victims, even though their oppressors are actually a minority) as well as delving into the politics of one foot on dry soil when it comes to Cubans.

It's at 0 but compared to what we've had it feels like a heat wave, I'll take it. Did a little digging and made sure the street drain was clear so that if it does melt it has somewhere to go.

I'm working from the home office today, guys are at the shop but should be done early. I woke up in a better mood today and plan to avoid people who might ruin it. I need a mental health day so I took one. In exchange I promised the guys a nice meal for lunch, I put a lasagna into the oven already, I have cheese shredded to make garlic bread with cheese and the veggies are chopped for a really nice salad. They should be happy.

Home for lunch.

The freezing rain didn't hang around for more than a couple of hours. It's pretty well just wet now, which is fine. I'm just glad to see it above freezing.

It'll be warmer tomorrow.

I'll be nekkid by Thursday, it'll be so warm. Sixties . . . .

tumblr_no40he7zki1r9x3w6o1_1280.jpg

So basically make waffles with corn meal in it.

I'm going to give my famous macaroni and cheese recipe that I have kept secret decades. First you fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. While it's heating, grate some cheese and open a box of kraft dinner, follow directions, mix cheese after all directions completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back