Titles

I mean to say that I'm tempted to click a higher rated story more than a lower rated story for obvious reasons such as higher voting and that red H. Doesn't mean that I end up reading the entire thing or even remotely like it.

They're more prone to my click, that's all.

These days, I don't have the time or patience to take the leap of faith and read a low rated story, so scores are one of the indicators I use to save my time. The title and author in question are other factors I take into consideration. After reading/skimming through 1000+ stories, I still put a part of my faith on scores to save my time. It's hit or miss, mostly hit till now, but that's the best I can do at the moment.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider a low score?

(No, I'm not channeling JBJ here, just giving examples.)

Certain keywords will trigger certain responses and grab certain eyeballs. The more provocative the keywords, the better, especially when crossing categories.

* Mom's New Whip
* Mom's New Lover
* Mom's New Nigger
* Mom's New Hymen
* Mom's New Implant
* Mom's New Strap-on
* Mom's New Defibrillator

THE INCREDIBLE LIVING BRA

Starring Penelope Playtex and Naoko

Introducing God (in his first important role) as PILOT.

THE INCREDIBLE LIVING BRA

Starring Penelope Playtex and Naoko
Ever since I got that lump in my boob I went up two cup sizes! God's gift ;)

We used to sing a song on the back of the schoolbus:
Oh, you'll never get to heaven.
In a Playtex bra.
Cuz a Playtex bra.
Won't stretch that far.
Sometimes we would replace Playtex with some lucky girl's name, and she would protest while blushing prettily. Ah, happy days!

(No, I'm not channeling JBJ here, just giving examples.)

Certain keywords will trigger certain responses and grab certain eyeballs. The more provocative the keywords, the better, especially when crossing categories.

* Mom's New Whip
* Mom's New Lover
* Mom's New Nigger
* Mom's New Hymen
* Mom's New Implant
* Mom's New Strap-on
* Mom's New Defibrillator

a dash of rum and mum's tits? :D

If you use really snarky titles for Literotica, you're likely to run into problems if you try to go to paid publication.

I'm terrible at titles and descriptions. I think I use up what little inspiration and talent I have writing the story. I usually come up with the description/tag line as I'm submitting it. The title I barely think about just before submission.

It's the wrong way to do it, and I've tried to reform by putting thought into the stories I have in progress.

Back