this is a thread

Hmmnmm, we need to meet. You clearly have access to some devastating chemicals, and I want some.
 
This is a declarative statement.

But what if this one isn't?

Then it declares nothing, and you do nothing. Unless you're mistaken and it is declarative. But being mistaken would be something so if you're doing nothing then you can't be mistaken...

Unless I'm mistaken...
 
Then it declares nothing, and you do nothing. Unless you're mistaken and it is declarative. But being mistaken would be something so if you're doing nothing then you can't be mistaken...

Unless I'm mistaken...

The following statement is true.

The above statement is false.
 
Like...well I could talk about the time I was at some dinner for my youth church way back in the day and one of the guys at the table I was sitting at threw a tiny paper plate at me like a frisbee...when I caught it I saw that he'd written on it, "This is a paper PLATE."

See, I try to avoid churches where the parishioners are all dogmatic like that.
 
I think Pt. Barrow, Alaska has a Starbucks.

Actually...
















they don't.

Neither Juneau nor Fairbanks has a standalone Starbucks.

Which makes me happy. Never been to Juneau but Fairbanks (at least four years ago) was still only mildly dotted with the major chains; most of the town was all made up of independent businesses. I loved it there.
 
You say it best...when you say nothing at all.:);)

You know you're good friends with someone when you can sit with them in silence, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you'd ever had. ;)

See, I try to avoid churches where the parishioners are all dogmatic like that.

I know...I noticed that particular church was overly dogmatic soon after I started attending but that nonsense with the plate was just too much. One has to wonder what on earth they were teaching in the classes and services I DIDN'T go to.
 
You know you're good friends with someone when you can sit with them in silence, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you'd ever had. ;)



I know...I noticed that particular church was overly dogmatic soon after I started attending but that nonsense with the plate was just too much. One has to wonder what on earth they were teaching in the classes and services I DIDN'T go to.


I did that with my very best friend before. We sat for a long time in total silence and both left feeling like it was the best time we had. Usually, we'd be gabbing until sun up!!
 
I know...I noticed that particular church was overly dogmatic soon after I started attending but that nonsense with the plate was just too much. One has to wonder what on earth they were teaching in the classes and services I DIDN'T go to.

As Episcopalians, our church is sex-, gay-, lesbian-, bi-, oral-, anal-, and birth-control-positive. However, I also get the impression that most members have sex roughly once or twice per Presidential administration.

God's Frozen People.
 
Back
Top