The Official Authors' Hangout Winter Holidays 2016 Contest Support Thread

Looks like all the stories which were designated to be posted on the 12th just came up, along with all the stories for the 13th.

must have been a glitch or something

Yep, I saw that. I think it's confused my zappers.

Cute butt (whistles) :D

Another good one to add to your growing list, Chloe. Wishing you great luck in the contest!:rose:

Thanks :rose::rose: - That entry was okay, it was a bit rough, needs a bit more editing and reworking but it was fun to write - sort of middling, rating wise, I think, which is fine by me. Kind of a Cinderella story. The next one still needs a bit of work. It's growing (not up tho LOL).

Last edited:
Cute butt (whistles) :D

Thanks :rose::rose: - That entry was okay, it was a bit rough, needs a bit more editing and reworking but it was fun to write - sort of middling, rating wise, I think, which is fine by me. Kind of a Cinderella story. The next one still needs a bit of work. It's growing (not up tho LOL).

Gonna have to agree with you again, Chloe! (I choked on my coffee and then whistled too!) GA gets extra points in the cute butt contest...just sayin'...;)

The once perk of having a contest entry posted the next day seems to have been tossed out of the window. My entry is marked for a three-day posting delay, a day longer than if I'd submitted it outside of the contest.

I'm in, my story was approved yesterday. Only done one other contest so far, the Summer Lovin' contest, but it seems the content prerequisites have helped me in my writing. I feel like my contest stories are of much higher quality than some of my other works. Pressure builds diamonds, I guess

I'm in, my story was approved yesterday. Only done one other contest so far, the Summer Lovin' contest, but it seems the content prerequisites have helped me in my writing. I feel like my contest stories are of much higher quality than some of my other works. Pressure builds diamonds, I guess

Congrats. This will be my first contest. I just finished my story today and submitted it. I am curious to see the difference in views since I am still so new. Should be fun either way. Good luck!

I am curious to see the difference in views since I am still so new.

You should see a pretty big jump in the number of clicks and votes relative to your normal range.

For example, in early September I posted a story, and right now it has 24 votes and a little over 3,000 clicks. Not a big reaction, but I never get a lot of reads, and Erotic Horror is one of the least popular categories, so it's about what I'd expect.

A month later I posted two stories in the Halloween contest (both still in Erotic Horror), one of which now has 94 votes and over 9,000 clicks, the other 71 votes and 17,000 clicks. (Apparently more people gave that one a shot, but fewer finished it.)

Those are still not really big numbers relative to a lot of other writers. But the benefit of the contest is clear, and the pattern consistent over several years and many different stories.

TamLin01

Yup. It just posted today and is already almost tied with my most viewed story. Crazy.

I just laugh at the buildup of reviews. I had one post this morning and have 1,600 views already, but it's too long for anyone to have read it in the time it's been up.

I started another entry today.

Will it be finished in time? I don't know.

I'm in. Again. No idea why I'm doing this. My Halloween story this year ended up being the third worst voted in my entire back catalogue.

Maybe the BDSM test was right and there's a masochist in me.

EDIT: Huh, THAT was fast. Less than 12 hours between submission and the story going live. Has to be a new Lit record :)

Last edited:
Second one is getting close to 10,000 words but the end of the first draft is in sight.

Having read some of the others I know I'm not in competition but the reviews were favorable . . . and boy, did I get attention!:)

Back