The Living Works of Art Challenge

Wow that was a lot of delicious catching up...

Alright, finally got my pic done.
It actually came out nice despite my less than statuesque physique.
Luckily I'm a talented Photoshopper. :D
Oh you look fine and yay for the blank background. I like it EJ.
For David I was asked to shoot from the ground up. I didn't get a chance to redo that bit of art so I thought I'd start there with Discobolus.

Unfortunately shooting this way you can't see my discus. Then again not showing my discus is one of my personal Lit rules. ;)

Cheers

But since some people don't have a good idea of what my discus looks like, here's another shot.

Cheers
I love both the rendition but personally I like the second one more. Your back looks so defined, very nice.
I love the summer Olympics. So, I thought I'd throw my discus into the game. I tried different lighting to maximize muscle definition. But it turns out you actually need to have it to see it. :eek:
Oh I see plenty. Also, your jaw.....:heart::heart:

My effort (with lots of filters) 😂
Beautiful. I would imagine it looked great even without the filters.

Let's forget the muscles in the original and the discus too. My variation: disc jockeyus.
This version made me smile. Because the sculptures we see are anyway copies of the original Greek bronze, I loved the liberties you took with this. Very very creative indeed.
This one was a bit challenging. Hopefully my version is good enough.
You more than met the challenge. Lovely version indeed.

This version made me smile. Because the sculptures we see are anyway copies of the original Greek bronze, I loved the liberties you took with this. Very very creative indeed.

Thanks for looking and commenting, especially with a smile: don't want a lady to look in and scream.:rose:

Hopefully this version of glendale22's disco jockeyus will bring some smiles too.:D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 0
Oh that reminds me! The new, limited edition membership cards are available. To commemorate the Rio Games I've added Carrying the Olympic Torch and Javelin Toss to the artwork choices for August's new sign ups and renewals.

Thanks for explaining the ETA (Edit to Add) because I went full Greek rather than acronym and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how H or 8 applied to the post. And :eek:.

Ooo.. when can I get mine? And, more importantly, what do I get to do to earn it? ;)

And, you're welcome. :)

So here is my addition for this weeks challenge. I will say it is not my best work... had to work with very little light due to privacy issues, so it got a bit grainy. On the other hand, it sort of fits the picture doesn't it. Also, usually I crop out my face, but it didn't seem right in this pic, so sorry for the faceblur.

hop you enjoy!

love,
-St

attachment.php

Attachments

• discobulus.JPG
    discobulus.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 3
So here is my addition for this weeks challenge. I will say it is not my best work... had to work with very little light due to privacy issues, so it got a bit grainy. On the other hand, it sort of fits the picture doesn't it. Also, usually I crop out my face, but it didn't seem right in this pic, so sorry for the faceblur.

hop you enjoy!

love,
-St

attachment.php

The pic has many good qualities too. I like the shadows on the wall. The face blurring fits quite well in this style too. And your body looks great.

hop you enjoy!

love,
-St

attachment.php

I think you did a fine job, Inspector. This one definitely posed a challenge for cropping the face artfully, so I think you made the right choice there.

Now all we need is the rendition that Hornblende promised and we can move to the next challenge

That's pretty darn good, actually. I think you dealt with the challenges rather well. :)

Hopefully this version of glendale22's disco jockeyus will bring some smiles too.:D

I posted too early: should have gone to Icy's studio to use the disco ball and colored lights--anything to make me look better.:rolleyes:

hop you enjoy!

love,
-St

Usually I prefer cropped face to blurred but I think this one works and adds to the photograph. I am glad you decided to keep it. I loved the multiple shadows on the wall, makes me wonder about your light source. You look great and the pose is pretty spot on. Best of all, you didn't blur your mouth.

hop you enjoy!

love,
-St

attachment.php

A dark and sexy athlete there. Nice.

Belatedly..

So here we are on holiday in Sardinia, and did we remember to pack a discus? No, gentle reader, we did not. How careless of us!

So instead of looking up the Italian for "discus" we gave up and used Numi's beach hat!

G6AQdW4.jpg

P.S. I'm enjoying the wine, pizza, pasta and gelato here rather too much, so can the next challenge be an image of Bacchus please? ;)

So here we are on holiday in Sardinia, and did we remember to pack a discus? No, gentle reader, we did not. How careless of us!

So instead of looking up the Italian for "discus" we gave up and used Numi's beach hat!

P.S. I'm enjoying the wine, pizza, pasta and gelato here rather too much, so can the next challenge be an image of Bacchus please? ;)

Oh, the hat is priceless!!! :D
Sexy as always, and I love how it seems you aren't really a part of the room. (How DOES she do that?!)

Back