The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

Soledad O'Brien - I'd rather watch her political journalism even if it is on CNN. At least she's factual.

No Saturday Night Massacre this weekend.
And no Friday or Sunday Night Massacres either.
Is Monday the night, or does Comey distract?
When to expect the firings and constitutional crisis?
Does anyone see this all ending well? How?

Re-visiting the past

Sarah Huckabee Sanders

In a way, she is the perfect Trump spokesperson. Her incoherent answers revolved around the greatness of Trump and the perfidy of his enemies. When Jonathan Karl, of ABC News, asked whether she and the Vice-President had got it wrong because they were kept “in the dark,” she almost sneered: “Nobody was ‘in the dark,’ Jonathan. You want to create this false narrative.” It was a general “you,” directed at the room of reporters.

"...the story had changed because the President said something different, but what the President said was always true."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-...n-president-trumps-interview-with-lester-holt

File_Apr_14_9_24_52_PM.png

File_Apr_14_9_25_04_PM.png

Only $40 for a check up!
MW-CW792_WMT_ca_20141017101204_ZH.jpg

As a British person-
Whaaaaaattt??
You have the retail sector running healthcare clinics??
No wonder your quality of care is so bad! Walmart doesn't even pay its staff a living wage and you let them manage your healthcare?!

Here is a thought-

The Russians are writing the tweets

that Donald John IQ45 claims as his own tweet creations

Jeff Tiedrich
@jefftiedrich
·
11h
add "make Melania smile" to the long list of things Obama can do that Trump can't

Trump’s Defenders Assume He’s Guilty
The presumption of innocence is essential to the American legal system. Sometimes prosecutors and the press need to be reminded of this. It’s not as often that the allies of a defendant, or even a prospective defendant, forget.

Yet allies of President Trump have made some peculiar comments over the last few days... Even Cohen, in his frantic effort to demonstrate his loyalty, has made the error. “I’d rather jump out of a building than turn on Donald Trump,” he told Donnie Deustch.

Turn on him with what, exactly? ...these people are at least aspirationally standing up for Trump, and yet their comments have a clear subtext of guilt. They all start with the premise that Trump has something to hide. You can’t flip on someone unless you’ve got something to offer prosecutors. Usually, the defenders of suspects in prosecutors’ cross-hairs loudly proclaim their innocence, and insist that the investigation will ultimately vindicate them. But Trump’s chorus is singing from a different hymnal.
Tromp is obviously hiding a great deal. What and why?

Why do the forums suddenly light up whenever I log in? Oh well. Not my fault I'm so darn good looking.

"I don’t remember the last time we saw—somebody working for the president in a high-profile position when their spouse is saying critical things about them."

-Dana Bash
CNN

"I do not know who he is referring to there."

"I don't know who he is talking about there."

Kellyanne Coway denials

Kellyanne Conway excuses Trump's attacks on McCabe's wife, directly after attacking Dana Bash for bringing up George Conway's deleted tweets

Jill McCabe

"The president started tweeting about how the contributions to my campaign made it clear that Andrew (and all the senior leadership at the FBI) were corrupt and that he should be removed. It went one step further in the days before Christmas, when the president made threats related to my husband’s retirement."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...9fe3c675a89_story.html?utm_term=.07507c166ab6

"To have my personal reputation and integrity and those of my family attacked this way is beyond horrible. It feels awful every day. It keeps me up nights. I made the decision to run for office because I was trying to help people. Instead, it turned into something that was used to attack our family, my husband’s career and the entire FBI."

Good gracious

The trolls immediately started in on the Toronto killings.

What particular karma, do these heartless LAWLs earn for them ?

You know what would make my year?
Melania leaving Donald and starting a Ménage à trois with the Obamas.
That would be amazing.

Good gracious

The trolls immediately started in on the Toronto killings.

What particular karma, do these heartless LAWLs earn for them ?
Firearms don't kill people, people kill people.

People kill people with firearms, vehicles, edged weapons, bludgeons, poison, fire, gas, drowning, strangulation, electrocution, lasers, explosives. power tools, and other implements of destruction.

People will continue to kill people with means other than firearms, so there's no reason to regulate firearms, right? That's the fucktard logic.

Fortunately, possessors of firearms are more likely to shoot themselves than anyone else. Have at it, boys.

Nobody mention toxic masculinity.

You know what would make my year?
Melania leaving Donald and starting a Ménage à trois with the Obamas.
That would be amazing.
She probably has sense enough to avoid all politicians from now on.

You mean the added many-trillions debt the Congress just dropped on future generations, Trysail? No, wait. That can't be. That was done by the Republicans.

107223.jpeg

That goddamn motherfucker was a crook, a cheat, a liar, a philanderer, a blackmailer and a thief.

(If you don't believe me, read Robert A. Caro's exhaustive four-volume biography.)

Yep, I agree Trump is all of those things. LBJ was too, but, in addition, he was competent politically; not a moron. Good luck with this attempt to distract and deflect from the present.

Yep, I agree Trump is all of those things. LBJ was too, but, in addition, he was competent politically; not a moron. Good luck with this attempt to distract and deflect from the present.

There's a great movie about LBJ that's out w/Woody Harrelson. Like a new spin yet true.

Most Americans don't know LBJ passed more Civil Rights bills than any other President in US history. He was a hard nosed fucker to deal with. Very old school.

LBJ wuz a bonafide 'good ole boy' who had to change his ways to get things done that he believed in. You simply don't hear people, including minorities, complain about him today. Prior to his succession to JFK, the Kennedys kind of had LBJ working for them - they kept him close by and informed of many issues.

If LBJ was given a do nothing position, he made that position important and stayed relevant and as close to Oval Office as he could. He had good reason to dislike the Kennedy boys, but JFK could reason w/him when others failed. LBJ had a way of hating people while also respecting them.

Back