"The Good Old Days"

Old people think everything is worse off than when they were kids. That hasn't changed....still a bunch of old fucks complaining about shit. "When I was younger
..".

The "good old days" is bullshit.
Oh. Like you will some day if you're lucky like me and you're still allowed to complain without fear of official retribution. Or will it be different for you, LOLOLOL.

Oh. Like you will some day if you're lucky like me and you're still allowed to complain without fear of official retribution. Or will it be different for you, LOLOLOL.
Histrionics. You're fucking delusional.

You obviously just needed something to whine about today.

This thread is the equivalent of "in my day, we walked uphill in the snow, with no shoes and socks to go to the grocery......and we liked it"

I have noticed that a part of the people around here are switching off from the whole digital world. Is it just nostalgia or is it a desire to be more connected with the (outdoor) life?

The good old days when cars were heavy, gas was cheap and women were women.

This thread is the equivalent of "in my day, we walked uphill in the snow, with no shoes and socks to go to the grocery......and we liked it"
Not really. It's just my way of expressing what the vast majority of people feel. That America is headed in the wrong direction. I sincerely thought that technology would unite us and make the world a better place. Shrink the world. Boy, was I wrong.

Not really. It's just my way of expressing what the vast majority of people feel. That America is headed in the wrong direction. I sincerely thought that technology would unite us and make the world a better place. Shrink the world. Boy, was I wrong.
Yes, I get that you believe that you are in a majority that feel this way.

Wrong track isn't the same thing as being worse off than what you consider to be "the good ole days"
And you think I'm delusional, LOL. Sure, there are 10's of people who believe the country is on the wrong track, but they are better off as a result. Makes perfect sense.

We had no problem using all sorts of racial slurs cuz rolled loved them Italians Germans Japanese.. they deserved them. Losers!

No diversity? So your people walked here and lived off the land? Or you are from the Mayflower?

Every nationality that gets here wants to keep the others out. What do you claim to be?

Note you also talk of a time with what 3 billion on the Earth. Puny economies compared today and no billionaires.

Now! Billionaire best not be bitching about them good old days! “Ahhh the monopolies we controlled!!” But! They lacked the love of the people through their media. Oh.. but there was Hearst. Imagine slurs like robber baron today.

And you think I'm delusional, LOL. Sure, there are 10's of people who believe the country is on the wrong track, but they are better off as a result. Makes perfect sense.
Are you even able to differentiate between short and long term?

Are you able to understand that your view of the world is based on your perspective and that other people don't have that same perspective?

You're just like those fucking evangelicals who always are predicting the end of the world because we've "lost our way"

Fuck off with that shit.

Are you even able to differentiate between short and long term?

Are you able to understand that your view of the world is based on your perspective and that other people don't have that same perspective?

You're just like those fucking evangelicals who always are predicting the end of the world because we've "lost our way"

Fuck off with that shit.
Nice word salad deflection.

We had no problem using all sorts of racial slurs cuz rolled loved them Italians Germans Japanese.. they deserved them. Losers!

No diversity? So your people walked here and lived off the land? Or you are from the Mayflower?

Every nationality that gets here wants to keep the others out. What do you claim to be?

Note you also talk of a time with what 3 billion on the Earth. Puny economies compared today and no billionaires.

Now! Billionaire best not be bitching about them good old days! “Ahhh the monopolies we controlled!!” But! They lacked the love of the people through their media. Oh.. but there was Hearst. Imagine slurs like robber baron today.
Today the uber rich do not care what they are called. None of them have any self respect anymore. To the rich you are a winner if you don't pay your bills and there are no consequences. trump is a perfect example.

Yet, somehow, the Italians, Germans and Japanese overcame the injustices they faced and moved forward, unburdened by what occurred in the past.
Sadly, every country was fought for, and still is.
I personally only want to keep certain people out. I think secure borders literally define a Nation. I think America should have clear and fair immigration laws. I think there are times when immigration limitations are necessary. I think American exploitation of countries leads to destabilization and contributes to immigration crises like we are experiencing now. America needs to be a better global neighbor. Hopefully getting rid of the CIA and FBI as we currently know it will be a step in the right direction.
I think corporate greed is bad for the country, but demonizing successful capitalists by the government contributes to that problem.

Big city I grew up in had a variety of 'towns'. Polish, Italians, Germans, Hungarians, Mexicans, Asians, Arabs and all sorts of other groups all had their own little areas they clustered around. Lots of businesses, restaurants, bakeries, and the like. Everybody from all walks of life went to shop in those districts and loved the food and quality of handmade products. But only those groups lived there. You shopped, you visited, you socialized (superficially), but then you went home. To whereever you lived, with people of 'your own kind'.

Somehow, our block was different and I'm not sure why. We had an Italian family across the street that made wine in their basement and ran a neighborhood barbershop We had an old Russian lady that kept to herself. We had Lebanese at a time when there were very few in the US. There were others I can't recall now.

Back