The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Just wanted to stop in and say hello and that I'm still here, though not on Lit much these days. I miss the old man like crazy;

<snip>

To those who are still fighting and to your families, I give you my love. It is a hard road but I will never regret traveling it with him.

:rose: YK

It's good to see you're in good spirits. Thanks for dropping by. :rose:

Finally Good News

Good News for my brother. The new combo chemo drugs appear to be working for him. His tumors have stopped producing or causing the production of fluid in his abdomen and he is feeling better because of it. Thank Goodness!

Hope each of you are feeling better, stronger, or supported. Be strong.

Apple:rose:
FYC!

Good News for my brother. The new combo chemo drugs appear to be working for him. His tumors have stopped producing or causing the production of fluid in his abdomen and he is feeling better because of it. Thank Goodness!

FYC!

This is great news. Thanks for sharing it with us. :rose:

FYC!

Glad to hear :rose:

FYC!

Congrats...love hearing the successes! Thanks for sharing it! FYC!!!

FYC!

Good to hear!

A friend of the family had to have to major operations to remove cancer from several internal organs.
The first time they operated for 8 hours and the second for 12 hours.
It's great of course, that she seems to handle this well considering her age, but something that really makes me shake my head:
Dear doctor, how on earth do you think it will benefit the loving and scared husband to hear you say that this is the worst case you've seen?

Anyway, FYC!

Good to hear!

A friend of the family had to have to major operations to remove cancer from several internal organs.
The first time they operated for 8 hours and the second for 12 hours.
It's great of course, that she seems to handle this well considering her age, but something that really makes me shake my head:
Dear doctor, how on earth do you think it will benefit the loving and scared husband to hear you say that this is the worst case you've seen?

Anyway, FYC!

A doctor should never say that to a family member. Sometimes, I think it's because they are young, simply not thinking, or God forbid, prepping in case some error or complication occurred in order to set the ground work for explaining it. Smart, confident, skilled, and mature (not age related) compassionate surgeons would not normally say this.

The important thing is if the family/patient feels confident in the surgeon and the end result justifies the means for the patient/family. Continue to be support and strong for them. I'm sure they need and appreciate it.

FYC!

My loving supportive energy to all who post here and the families you represent. Today I go in for breast cancer surgery. It was discovered early through a screening mammogram and is non-invasive. Still, an area of concern slightly smaller than a tennis ball will be removed from my right breast this afternoon. While I intend to leave cancer in my dust, I am also leaving behind my body parts as I have known them. I am mourning the girls, and trying to be welcoming to the new configuration, whatever it may be. Energy, thoughts, and prayers much appreciated!

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=66934467&postcount=2378

Fuck You, Cancer!!!

My loving supportive energy to all who post here and the families you represent. Today I go in for breast cancer surgery. It was discovered early through a screening mammogram and is non-invasive. Still, an area of concern slightly smaller than a tennis ball will be removed from my right breast this afternoon. While I intend to leave cancer in my dust, I am also leaving behind my body parts as I have known them. I am mourning the girls, and trying to be welcoming to the new configuration, whatever it may be. Energy, thoughts, and prayers much appreciated!

Fuck You, Cancer!!!

Dear Mara...know my thoughts and prayers will be with you! You will still be sexy as hell, no matter the config. :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose: Fuck You Cancer!!!! *SS*

Fuck You, Cancer!!!

Cancer has a way of screwing with your body image in almost every case, but I think that the impact on breast cancer survivors may be among the worst of them. I wish you a successful surgery, a quick recovery, and easy adjuvant treatment if there is any. You'll still be beautiful and sexy tomorrow. The sexiest woman I've met in the last few months is a double mastectomy survivor who's a nurse at my local hospital. She carries herself with such grace and strength - I hope you'll be able to do the same.

Fuck You, Cancer!!!

Best of luck, Murmurmara! :rose:

Fuck You, Cancer!!!

I want you sending support. Please do! I believe it makes a difference. Care holds us up emotionally, whether or not it affects things physically. We're all part of this interconnected web of life and we affect each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear mara,
As you mourn 'the girls,' remember to look to tomorrow for new memories you will be able to make. Be blessed and stay as positive as possible. Every day is a gift'; unwrap each one and find something to be thankful for in life. Blessing to you.

Here comes all the cyber support, care, thoughts, positiveness, energy, prayers and love one woman can handle. Sending them speedy delivery and hoping you know that your beauty comes from your heart and soul. You're in our thoughts and prayers~! Be strong~!

In loving memory of my mom and my brother who both fought until the end.

Fuck Fuck Fuck you cancer!!!!

Been away for some time dealing with the cancer battle. Just wanted to stop in and say a hearty 'FUCK YOU CANCER!!'

Latest full-body exam (with my uber-hot derm), and completely and utterly clean.

Also: as summer approaches (or winter for some of you): sunscreen. Always.

Looks like I get to join the club. Again.

My sister went into the emergency ward at the beginning of March. It turns out she has some serious problems with her bone marrow and acute myeloid leukemia. I won't bore you with the details but I had my fingers tightly crossed for some good news yesterday. Nope. Round 2 of chemo did not do the job and she's been re-admitted to the leukemia ward full time.

I'll be heading back down to see her soon. She's 55. Our mom died of cancer at 57. My sister is terrified.

I'm numb.

In loving memory of my mom and my brother who both fought until the end.

Fuck Fuck Fuck you cancer!!!!

Been away for some time dealing with the cancer battle. Just wanted to stop in and say a hearty 'FUCK YOU CANCER!!'

FYC

Latest full-body exam (with my uber-hot derm), and completely and utterly clean.

Also: as summer approaches (or winter for some of you): sunscreen. Always.
Good to hear.
I'll try to do better with the sun screen.

My sister went into the emergency ward at the beginning of March. It turns out she has some serious problems with her bone marrow and acute myeloid leukemia. I won't bore you with the details but I had my fingers tightly crossed for some good news yesterday. Nope. Round 2 of chemo did not do the job and she's been re-admitted to the leukemia ward full time.

I'll be heading back down to see her soon. She's 55. Our mom died of cancer at 57. My sister is terrified.

I'm numb.

I' so sorry K!
Sending good thoughts your way.

I've been AWOL for awhile, dealing with work and the emotional and son-relationship fallout from the news of my mom's prognosis.

I've missed a lot of dramatic developments here and want to serve a big, delicious plate of FYC to everyone here, with a big side of fyc.

:rose:

I'm numb.

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better, K. Please take care.

I'm numb.

Well, damn. I'm sorry the treatment hasn't been successful yet. This is beatable. They'll find a way. It's so good that you can spend time with her. Hospitals can be such lonely places.

Thanks so much everyone. My hopes remain high but my heart breaks for what my sister is going through. If I could take her place, I would.

I've been AWOL for awhile, dealing with work and the emotional and son-relationship fallout from the news of my mom's prognosis.

Thanks so much everyone. My hopes remain high but my heart breaks for what my sister is going through. If I could take her place, I would.

Hugs to you both.
Today is my Dad's 18th anniversary, right around this time. Gone due to myelodysplasia. Mom is still fighting the good fight, so...

FYC!

Dear Mara...know my thoughts and prayers will be with you! You will still be sexy as hell, no matter the config. :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose: Fuck You Cancer!!!! *SS*

Thanks so much, Scot! Definitely feeling the energy...

Cancer has a way of screwing with your body image in almost every case, but I think that the impact on breast cancer survivors may be among the worst of them. I wish you a successful surgery, a quick recovery, and easy adjuvant treatment if there is any. You'll still be beautiful and sexy tomorrow. The sexiest woman I've met in the last few months is a double mastectomy survivor who's a nurse at my local hospital. She carries herself with such grace and strength - I hope you'll be able to do the same.

thanks for this lovely testimonial. I'm definitely a believer that beauty comes from within, carried with grace and strength. Recovery from surgery is going well, and I feel strong and well supported.

Best of luck, Murmurmara! :rose:

thank you! :rose:

I want you sending support. Please do! I believe it makes a difference. Care holds us up emotionally, whether or not it affects things physically. We're all part of this interconnected web of life and we affect each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear mara,
As you mourn 'the girls,' remember to look to tomorrow for new memories you will be able to make. Be blessed and stay as positive as possible. Every day is a gift'; unwrap each one and find something to be thankful for in life. Blessing to you.

Here comes all the cyber support, care, thoughts, positiveness, energy, prayers and love one woman can handle. Sending them speedy delivery and hoping you know that your beauty comes from your heart and soul. You're in our thoughts and prayers~! Be strong~!

Thanks so much for this thoughtful note, and the energy behind it. Most definitely feeling cocooned in love, and quite thoroughly aware of the grace and serendipity showing up in this conspiracy of support the universe is showing me.

Thanks so much, Scot! Definitely feeling the energy...

thanks for this lovely testimonial. I'm definitely a believer that beauty comes from within, carried with grace and strength. Recovery from surgery is going well, and I feel strong and well supported.

thank you! :rose:

Thanks so much for this thoughtful note, and the energy behind it. Most definitely feeling cocooned in love, and quite thoroughly aware of the grace and serendipity showing up in this conspiracy of support the universe is showing me.

Who knew a thread called "Fuck You Cancer" would be so filled with support and compassion? You are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, as you go through your recovery! :rose:

Huge hugs for you and your sister, Keroin. :rose:

Sending out my love and comfort to all of you and all that worries and hurts that this thread speaks to.

FYC!

Back