The Ford Mustang Mach E

We are a family of Mustang lovers. I learned nearly everything I know about cars from helping friends on their Gen 1's and Foxbodies. My son is redoing an 06 GT right now, converting it to manual, bigger rear end, panhard bar, stiffer suspension, and eventually a tune and some bolt-on performance. He has a galloping mustang emblem tattooed on his arm. We go to car shows all the time. We love Mustangs.

We cannot abide the Mustang Mach E. It is less of a mustang than the Mustang II, which at least burned gasoline and looked a little like a miniature mustang.

If they had called it a Granada, or a Tempo, a Fairmont, or even a Galaxie- in other words resurrected one of the non-sporty Ford model names from the past to stick on this thing, it might have worked- and been far less controversial.

RoryN;94341401" said:
You are one of the most easily-triggered members at Lit." :cool:

Quoted for irony - Liam.

Number one word in a narcissists response, triggered. LAWLZ!

My second car was a '73 Mustang Mach 1. I was never much of a Mustang fan after the muscle car era. I switched to corvettes.

If they had called it a Granada, or a Tempo, a Fairmont, or even a Galaxie- in other words resurrected one of the non-sporty Ford model names from the past to stick on this thing, it might have worked- and been far less controversial.

it actually reminds me a little bit of the Merkur

What was the name of that old little three-wheeled car with the only door being the front end of it? Detroit needs to move in that direction.

I saw one over the weekend and it was weird. I didn't know it even existed. This weird white vehicle with mustang logos on it. I think the branding is wrong.

I predict that within 10 years' time people will have as hard of a time finding an ICE option for a given car as they do today for a manual tranny.

So, my old diesel Land Cruiser will be in high demand?

Not a car person .. drive a prius
But i just adore the mustang mach e .. was hoping to get one in a year or 2

Depends entirely on whether someone will be able to afford the diesel for it.

It'll run on canola.......

Also, if the demand for the cruiser is high enough, they will be able to afford anything.

I agree with the OP. It turns my stomach to see the iconic Mustang associated with electric vehicles.
My very first car was a 65 Mustang that I purchased in 1969. My current is a 2018 Shelby GT 350.

It isn't just the fact that it's an electric vehicle. It's more the vehicle class; that it's a mini-SUV/crossover thing and not a sporty muscle-car two door coupe- like the Mustang was meant to be.

Imagine, if you will, that Chevrolet's next generation Corvette is a minivan. It just wouldn't work. corvette fans would be insulted. (And by the way, the newest generation of the Corvette is stunning, an absolute American super car. THIS is what Ford should have done with the Mustang!)

The Mach E may be a fine vehicle in it's own right but as mentioned above, it's the wrong branding for it. Calling it a Fairmont, Aerostar, or Grenada- one of the more bread-and-butter sedans or minivan models of the past- that would have been fine. This car would be perfect as a re-imagined modern version of a Grenada.

Calling it a Fairmont, Aerostar, or Grenada- one of the more bread-and-butter sedans or minivan models of the past- that would have been fine. This car would be perfect as a re-imagined modern version of a Grenada.

Your electric vehicle buyer demographic is currently ether a younger person, an environmentally-conscious person, or both.

Ain't no electric car enthusiast interested in names that evoke slow carbon belchers and wood paneling. 😅

For the cost of a new car, the buyers could choose the names.

For many drivers, a car is a detachable penis. People who are more concerned with cabin comfort may drive vulvas. I am more interested in cargo space, so maybe a very big vulva.

By that logic, I'd be curious where Ford came up with the model name "Ford Probe" (mid/late 1990's model)

Back