The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

We are expecting the same. They had it while I was south and I had it in Oxford. Standing fishing in a sheet of water. Thank God for goretex! There are times for getting wet and that was not one of them.

Land has only just started to dry after the winter and we don’t need this right now. The hay won’t be taken off the back field this week from what I can see
We've been having our normal, steady, PNW rain! 🌧

I'm sure! You rest well, Wat! 🥰🥰

Happy Sunday, Ma'am and all, as opposed to momenem. Slept okay. It was good to have cats. It looks like if I'm going to get the grass cut that it's going to be today, and if I get in a motorcycle ride (or 2 - or 3) that it might be a damp one. If it's hot and it gets wet, it's not too bad, all in all.

On the ride home yesterday, I saw some cars. Of note. A Superbird!!! A '37 Tudor sedan. A '40 Ford Tudor sedan. A '52(?) Packard sedan - not entirely sure of the year but it was definitely a straight-eight model. And a metric shit-ton(tonne?) of bikes-n-bikers. It was a pretty day to ride - mostly. There was the very prepared couple on the BMW flapping a long in their rain suits. There was the fuck-it-all couple on their H-D Ultra in tshirts drying out from the pass through the showers. I was out of the helmet-optional states by the time I saw folks, so no one was bare-headed.

My reproduction rifle stock arrived and boy is it lovely. Damned fine looking walnut. A bit lighter colored than the old stuff, so I may wander to the store and score some fruitwood stain (or the like). I have some Special Walnut but feel it may be too dark. Then again, I can test-stain the barrel trough and see what I think.

Time for a coffee refill.

Happy Sunday, Ma'am and all, as opposed to momenem. Slept okay. It was good to have cats. It looks like if I'm going to get the grass cut that it's going to be today, and if I get in a motorcycle ride (or 2 - or 3) that it might be a damp one. If it's hot and it gets wet, it's not too bad, all in all.

On the ride home yesterday, I saw some cars. Of note. A Superbird!!! A '37 Tudor sedan. A '40 Ford Tudor sedan. A '52(?) Packard sedan - not entirely sure of the year but it was definitely a straight-eight model. And a metric shit-ton(tonne?) of bikes-n-bikers. It was a pretty day to ride - mostly. There was the very prepared couple on the BMW flapping a long in their rain suits. There was the fuck-it-all couple on their H-D Ultra in tshirts drying out from the pass through the showers. I was out of the helmet-optional states by the time I saw folks, so no one was bare-headed.

My reproduction rifle stock arrived and boy is it lovely. Damned fine looking walnut. A bit lighter colored than the old stuff, so I may wander to the store and score some fruitwood stain (or the like). I have some Special Walnut but feel it may be too dark. Then again, I can test-stain the barrel trough and see what I think.

Time for a coffee refill.
Good to read you had a good time and returned safe.

Good to read you had a good time and returned safe.

Thank you. If I make up my mind so to do, I make damned good time. There is a long stretch on mountain interstate which shoulda could a been 3-lane but is only 2-lane, and sometimes one has to tolerate the semis passing each other on an incline. That can bring of a bit of grumpiness.

The Superbird was making tracks southbound as I headed north. It was good to see.

daily_gifdump-29-8.gif

I get that here in the flat Great Lakes state on the interstate between Detroit and Chicago. Lots of grumpy drivers.

I've driven the I-90 around Chicago, and mostly it just seemed to be congested. My post alluded to the I-81 stretch I take in the Shenandoah Valley. Best time to be there IMO is on a Sunday morning in winter. The leaves are down and you can see way back up into the hills. Also traffic is light.

If I never drive the piece of I-64 to Tidewater ever again, it'll be plenty damned soon enough.

I've driven the I-90 around Chicago, and mostly it just seemed to be congested. My post alluded to the I-81 stretch I take in the Shenandoah Valley. Best time to be there IMO is on a Sunday morning in winter. The leaves are down and you can see way back up into the hills. Also traffic is light.

If I never drive the piece of I-64 to Tidewater ever again, it'll be plenty damned soon enough.
Congested and crazy drivers on I 90,I 94 and I 96. It’s more cars and trucks than I first started driving. Anyway, I hope your day goes well.

Congested and crazy drivers on I 90,I 94 and I 96. It’s more cars and trucks than I first started driving. Anyway, I hope your day goes well.

You exactly right - more vehicle, less patience and fewer driving skills. And more time driving distracted because of the damned phone.

I'm taking the bike out today, so wish me luck.

Back