The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

I had the appointment with the transfer man for when he opens. Mom opens an hour later. She has nowhere to be and all day to get there, and her hurrying is behind her.

I picked up a 1943 manufacture M1 rifle. You know, WW2 and all. Old enough to have greased a Nazi, maybe. And it might have visited Korea, too. I have several war rifles like that and wonder sometimes what they know that they ain't a'tellin'.
I always wonder about my rifles too.

Do they have bad juju? Or just a history. Several mosin Nagants, m1, m1903a3, Chinese sks (1966), 1913 Lee Enfield mk3 (that mighta gone thru two world wars).

I always wonder about my rifles too.

Do they have bad juju? Or just a history. Several mosin Nagants, m1, m1903a3, Chinese sks (1966), 1913 Lee Enfield mk3 (that mighta gone thru two world wars).

Yep. I have 2 WW1 Mosins. I gave the WW2 Mosin to my nephew. I have a Steyr of comparable vintage. A SVT40, which will also go to my nephew. The carbine, 1942 manufacture. The new M1, 1943 manufacture. A M1917 from WW1. My SKS is a Yugo, so likely it didn't go anywhere. Oh, and my 1939 Mauser. It might be the most guilty of the lot, and then it might have spent the war in Norway.

Not worth stirring my brain cells, I reckon. Just history . . . .

Back