The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

It is. I have been up since 430.

Me, too!!!

Hello and welcome!

I have a deck to sand so I will be taking my leave

I got my 2 walnut rifle stocks that I'm refinishing the rest of the way sanded. Wiped them down with thinner and waiting for it to dry. I'll stain one and do the other natural. We'll see.

Me, too!!!

I got my 2 walnut rifle stocks that I'm refinishing the rest of the way sanded. Wiped them down with thinner and waiting for it to dry. I'll stain one and do the other natural. We'll see.
Walnut makes beautiful furniture if ya know what I am saying.

We have a TON of black walnut trees on our farm and I’ve milled a number of them.

Walnut makes beautiful furniture if ya know what I am saying.

We have a TON of black walnut trees on our farm and I’ve milled a number of them.

These are 1960-era. Nicer than the stuff the factories are churning out today.

At this rate, I'm going to have to buy another rifle to stick in one of them.

We have no walnuts. Sad . . . .

Good morning 🥱. I need cup #2 ☕️. This may be my last week as early morning taxi for my grandson. I am to take over as taxi for my granddaughter who is starting day care soon. 😀

This means I stay up later and watch my baseball team.

How are our friends overseas in Africa (South Africa?) and Europe?
I bet it will be good to sleep in a bit. You're up so early!

Morning folks. Here is the next installment of the prepping of the Juniper. This block is after I applied the Jin seal. It turned it instantly yellow. As time goes on it will turn white. It may take up to two years, but that is the desired effect. I’ll find a professionally done tree to give as an example.

Is that the pot your juniper lives in? I bet it is going to look beautiful! 😍

This is an example of a very professionally done specimen! This is this mornings installment of morning Zen! The white you see on the tree has been induced by the grower. Peeling good wood with specialty tools and applying the sulphur Jin mix.

View attachment 2342313
This is amazing! The white trunk looks like a dragon crawling up the tree! 😍😍

Ugh today’s project here is to sand the deck—it’s a fair size, and then two coats of tinted stain. Deck is 6 years old and every two years has to be done, royal pain. Hand sander
That's a LOT of work! We used to have a cedar deck which my H would power wash every year then apply new stain. It was a 3-4 day job. We replaced it with a trex deck. Still needs power washing to get the detritus off it. But it's not as big a job now.

That's a LOT of work! We used to have a cedar deck which my H would power wash every year then apply new stain. It was a 3-4 day job. We replaced it with a trex deck. Still needs power washing to get the detritus off it. But it's not as big a job now.

Our neighbor has trex and it gets so slick this time of year it’s like you can ice skate on it.

Last edited:
My business bud Out West and I are in the process - we hope - of buying out one of the two problem neighbors. We may have a deal, a bit more than we had hoped but till well within manageable.

More trees to be homes for ticks and bugs and snakes and such.

Is that the pot your juniper lives in? I bet it is going to look beautiful! 😍
Yes! Not a typical bonsai pot as it has the drainage hole on the side, but as you’ll see in the next iteration of pics, I was able to run the shaping wire through the side and pull the plant up for leverage to keep the Shari out of the soil and prevent further rot (hopefully!).

Junipers are traditionally in clay pots, but I cheated (if you haven’t noticed I break a lot of “rules”😊) and went with this glazed pot. Mainly because at the time it had a built in humidity tray.

Back