Starting a munch group

Thank you, Richard!

IF this thing takes off, perhaps you will pay us a visit?

:)

I have been in contact with people from Lake Placid area and Plattsburg. They feel the same frustration, but it is a start.

There is a possibility that we will invite the Albany folks up to Lake Placid for an event.

The biggest trick is trying to discover, dig up, weed out the BDSMers in the area. There has to be more!

Also, another suggestion was to set something up somewhere between Albany and Syracuse.

Lots to think about.

MissTaken said:
Thank you, Richard!

IF this thing takes off, perhaps you will pay us a visit?

I do not travel well.....however....
To meet you I would .....
well most anything :p :D

Glad you could use the link

yahoo use

Yes.

I was thinking we should start a yahoo community. At least then, I might get some indication of the level of interest...in time.

Thanks for the suggestions, Richard and Jaymes.

-----------------------------
if you are serious, and i hope not...there are way too many idiots on yahoo. when you open things up there, you leave yourself open to many abuses and it ruins the feeling of the atmosphere.
I would really hate hate to see a great forum get ruined there.
but that is just my feeling toward yahoo. the moderators are not good at curbing things there. but maybe,,just maybe...

I don't know. if you have your mind made up..you'll do as you please but please think twice. it is the pits in yahoo.

mad dog in iowa

be good to yourself...

one horse town of rednecks

Originally posted by MissTaken
I am starting to think I am the only token sub within a 100 mile radius!

Sadly, I wish I were joking.

So, my town wouldn't be a great site for a munch, but we may look downstate a bit for a restaurant for our "internet group".
------------
wouldn't even think of it here. way too many good ole boys still living in 1950. it would be sheer scandal...

or is that a bad thing????

mad dog in iowa...

be careful out there..

Well, I have met one person interested in a munch.

I will be meeting another in the near future. *blowing kisses her way* Now, to talk about whether or not she will attend a munch with me. Hmmmmm

A third is in the wings and just waiting for an invite.

And about four or five others whom I don't know well have indicated an interest.

Onward and upward!

SpectreT!!!

When can we do lunch again?

:rose:

if my wings

MissTaken said:

Well if my wings were in better shape we could do it this afternoon :D

Someone posted not to do a Yahoo group bnecause of the idoits...and yes there are plenty there.....however you can set the moderators thing up where you have to approve each new subscriber

I am attempting to restart the munch group here where I am ...
wish me luck

Richard
to Miss T :p

Last edited:
MissTaken said:
Well, I have met one person interested in a munch.

I will be meeting another in the near future. *blowing kisses her way* Now, to talk about whether or not she will attend a munch with me. Hmmmmm

A third is in the wings and just waiting for an invite.

And about four or five others whom I don't know well have indicated an interest.

Onward and upward!

SpectreT!!!

Just about, any time, Miss T!

Personal confession: one of the things that drives me bats about living in New York is how much damn real estate this place covers! I'm sure Syracuse is cool enough if you're gregarious enough, and live close enough. I'm in the far northern corner of the county, so it's not like I can even hit Armory Square more than once in a great while. Not enough time, it always seems like.

and MissT?

{Hug}

PM me, and we'll schedule another meeting.

Re: if my wings

Richard49 said:

Well if my wings were in beeter shape we could do it this afternoon :D

Someone posted not to do a Yahoo group bnecause of the idoits...and yes there are plenty there.....however you can set the moderators thing up where you have to approve each new subscriber

I am attempting to restart the munch group here where I am ...
wish me luck

Richard
to Miss T :p

I'm not Miss T, but Good luck, guy.

Richard: Yes, starting a yahoo chat group might be more than I want to take on , but having joined a couple have been fairly decent experiences. I am finding others, who live in my region of the north country who may be interested in munch activities. Very cool.

Oh...and of course, dear...Good Luck!

Thanks for the hugs, T!

Thank you to

Thank you to Miss T and SpectreT....
I set a date for the next munch of May to

:heart: :rose: :kiss:

MissTaken said:
Richard: Yes, starting a yahoo chat group might be more than I want to take on , but having joined a couple have been fairly decent experiences. I am finding others, who live in my region of the north country who may be interested in munch activities. Very cool.

Oh...and of course, dear...Good Luck!

Thanks for the hugs, T!

Hey Miss T good to hear things are looking good for you and remember the invite is always there......:D :D :D :D

Man, this thing was buried. Hey, MissT?

Where do we stand in our efforts to start a North Area Meet?

I've been proving my ineptitude in finding locals, but it seems like you're pretty successfully busy.

Good luck!!!

I am happy that you took the bull by the horns so to speak! It will be fun for you in the long run. I send nothing but good thoughts and good wishes to you!

I certainly enjoyed belonging to a munch group.

Ebony

cymbidia said:

Basically they exist as very low pressure avenues for people interested in BDSM, at any level, to meet like-minded people with whom they might become friends.

Munches are most emphatically not ever dating kinda places where people cruise in looking for someone with whom they can cruise out. Additionally, those who attend them never do so "in role" (all decked out in fetish gear). They're totally vanilla from the outside, these munches.

I wish my local munch was low key and vanilla- the first and last time I went it seemed to consist of a contest to see who could shock the pub owner the most!

I don't mind horseplay and 'acting out' - hey I was one of the poepel dancing around the edge of the City fountains one night to put the wind up the councillors;
but I had hoped that the munch would be a slightly more relaxing and welcoming atmosphere where you could come along quietly and meet other people for a chat.
Guess thats why I spend so much time on here!

Re: Miss

Avery_Chisholm said:
Count me in pwease:D

Sure.

We could just start by getting together very informally. After all, as petrel has pointed out, I, too, would prefer a casual atmosphere to a munch.

A munch wherein we can simply call ourselves an internet group and people would believe it! :D

Spectre~as I said in my pm, I slowed down my efforts for personal reasons.

hugs and thanks for understanding.

xo

petrel said:
I wish my local munch was low key and vanilla- the first and last time I went it seemed to consist of a contest to see who could shock the pub owner the most!
Oh gods, petrel! I'm so sorry for giving out bad info. Every munch i've ever been to or heard of, though, at least in the US has had "low-keyness" as a primary goal.

Are there others who've been to non-low-key munches? Maybe i'm way off base here?
:confused:

Re: Re: Miss

MissTaken said:

Sure.

We could just start by getting together very informally. After all, as petrel has pointed out, I, too, would prefer a casual atmosphere to a munch.

A munch wherein we can simply call ourselves an internet group and people would believe it! :D

Spectre~as I said in my pm, I slowed down my efforts for personal reasons.

hugs and thanks for understanding.

xo

'Course I understand. Toldja before, I'm good with people, but not good enough to know that we even had groups in this town, leave alone groups that are active, careful, and insular enough to avoid any.... Imperial Entanglements.

Well, I'm shuffling off to Buffalo tomorrow, to check out my potential employment situation and the potential living arrangements there.

Everything starts somewhere, and cym, you'll appreciate this one: Thirty years is too long to live in a bud. I've been an interesting potential person, it's past time to try and become the real thing.

Who knows? Maybe I can follow another of my dreams, too. There are supposed to be a few Professional Wrestling Schools there.

cymbidia said:
Oh gods, petrel! I'm so sorry for giving out bad info. Every munch i've ever been to or heard of, though, at least in the US has had "low-keyness" as a primary goal.

Are there others who've been to non-low-key munches? Maybe i'm way off base here?
:confused:

hey cym, it isn't you its my local bunch. I spoke to my partner about it (he was very active in the london BDSM scene for a while) and he says its a local phenonomen. He expects munches to be lowkey too and was very dissapointed with our local one.

:heart:

Re: Re: Re: Miss

SpectreT said:

'Course I understand. Toldja before, I'm good with people, but not good enough to know that we even had groups in this town, leave alone groups that are active, careful, and insular enough to avoid any.... Imperial Entanglements.

Well, I'm shuffling off to Buffalo tomorrow, to check out my potential employment situation and the potential living arrangements there.

Everything starts somewhere, and cym, you'll appreciate this one: Thirty years is too long to live in a bud. I've been an interesting potential person, it's past time to try and become the real thing.

Who knows? Maybe I can follow another of my dreams, too. There are supposed to be a few Professional Wrestling Schools there.

Grab life, T! Grab it by the balls and have a great time.

And I bet you would look very cute in one of those funky wrestling costumes! Can I be your lady in waiting, running around half dressed and looking fine? ;)

Good Luck, T!

Miss T?

Chances are, you'd have to train just as hard as me, pushing, "bumping", hitting the ropes, holds and moves. No one with any microphone skills or personality has a Valet that's just eye candy anymore. They all get involved in the matches in some way or other. It'll be hard work, assuming I find a school I like and can afford, but it'll be a hell of a lot of fun.

BTW, what do you think of my new AV? (Thanks, April)

Very nice, petrel.

Hm.

Kind of... distracting. :D

Usually, I don't like black & white portraits, I prefer color for that; to me b&w is for landscapes and architectural photography. Mind you, I'm just an amateur shutterbug. Come to think of it, I'm an amateur just about anything. Diversity of experience seems to be one of my character traits.

But, back to you av......

Sorry, was I saying something?

:D

Back