San Francisco/Bay Area people?

NerdyBrunette

South American Sensation
Hey everyone!
I moved to the Bay Area about a month ago. Anyone from the area ehi can give me suggestions of places to go and things to do?

Thank you! :)

Try Longitude in Oakland on Lake Merritt. Pricy but great

Hike straight up..

Yes! Beautiful area. Went to Stinson Beach a few weeks ago!

One hike up Mt Tam starts at Stinson

If there's some rain... Try Strawberry Falls hike in Big Basin.. You could also hike there from Waddel Beach

Nice shoreline trail along the coast in Half Moon Bay

What sort activities interest you??

One hike up Mt Tam starts at Stinson

If there's some rain... Try Strawberry Falls hike in Big Basin.. You could also hike there from Waddel Beach

Nice shoreline trail along the coast in Half Moon Bay

What sort activities interest you??

Love the outdoors! Hiking is a great activity. Also camping or fishing, hopefully ill meet some people soon and can do those activities cause its not too fun doing it alone!

I'm also in the area. What part are you currently in? Sf is great for museums and literature. While the Peninsula is good for the beaches. If you can go down to the South Bay and there's lots of hiking in Santa Cruz.

My one piece of advice is to venture outside SF, cuz there's lots to see beyond the city as well. Spending the day in Berkeley and checking out the campus is fine. Lots of good places to eat, crazy folks to see. Though might be better during the term than the summer.

Oh definitely go up to see the Redwoods too! And wine tasting in Napa/Sonoma.

I'm also in the area. What part are you currently in? Sf is great for museums and literature. While the Peninsula is good for the beaches. If you can go down to the South Bay and there's lots of hiking in Santa Cruz.

I am currently living up in Marin county. It is beautiful up here! Lots to explore! And not too bad of a distance from the city.

My one piece of advice is to venture outside SF, cuz there's lots to see beyond the city as well. Spending the day in Berkeley and checking out the campus is fine. Lots of good places to eat, crazy folks to see. Though might be better during the term than the summer.

Yeah I really want to drive up to Napa for a weekend! I want to wait until I make some friends though, not too fun going on my own!

I really want to go to Berkley and see all the people at the campus :)

That one made me giggle... Yeah apparently it's this really big red thing.

I did a 2 week program at one of the research facilities on the mountain next to UC Berkeley.

Day 1: "Oh, that's a nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge, I should get a picture some day".
Days 2-10: Fog.

Yeah I really want to drive up to Napa for a weekend! I want to wait until I make some friends though, not too fun going on my own!

Well, that shouldn't take too long to make friends here.... ;)

I actually prefer the "Russian river" area. Less touristy, better red wine. Try Wilson winery.

If you're into at, visit Bolinas.

Other weekend trips include Mendocino to the north or Carmel to the south. Stop for lunch at Capitols.

Would love to be your tour guide too... :)

In the city there is a mullion things, from top swinger bars to bdsm dungeons. Something for every taste

I actually prefer the "Russian river" area. Less touristy, better red wine. Try Wilson winery.

Other weekend trips include Mendocino to the north or Carmel to the south. Stop for lunch at Capitols.

In the city there is a mullion things, from top swinger bars to bdsm dungeons. Something for every taste

Nice! Thank you for the suggestions! i'll have to look into all of those!

I did a 2 week program at one of the research facilities on the mountain next to UC Berkeley.

Day 1: "Oh, that's a nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge, I should get a picture some day".
Days 2-10: Fog.

Fog is what San Fran is all about!!

I am going to have to call bullshit. Anyone claiming Russian River to have "better wines" than Napa is out of his mind and doesn't know what he is talking about. Yes, Russian River does have a lot of great wines but there is a reason why Napa is known for wine. Stylistically the Russian River wines may be more his type, but in no way does that make them better.

I am going to have to call bullshit. Anyone claiming Russian River to have "better wines" than Napa is out of his mind and doesn't know what he is talking about. Yes, Russian River does have a lot of great wines but there is a reason why Napa is known for wine. Stylistically the Russian River wines may be more his type, but in no way does that make them better.

Hahaha how about I just try both!? No need to fight!

Hahaha how about I just try both!? No need to fight!

I wasn't trying to fight, and to be honest it's a great idea to try both and more... there are a lot of great places to grow wine and some grapes grow better in other regions. I'm in the industry and know a bit more than the average bear when it comes to wine.

I wasn't trying to fight, and to be honest it's a great idea to try both and more... there are a lot of great places to grow wine and some grapes grow better in other regions. I'm in the industry and know a bit more than the average bear when it comes to wine.

Im Argentinean, I know my shit when it comes to wine too :p

To reach their own.

I prefer smaller vineyards where I can have a cozy chat with the sommelier and the owner while tasting exclusive small batch single grape wines.

I like to support family businesses where the owners are passionate about wine.

In contrast to high yield blended industrial production (Mondavi), celebrities (omg, don't ever go to Mario Andretti) or wineries with more money invested in the building (opus one,) than in the vines.

But as I said, to each their own.

Back