Nova's Closet

Pink

I love her attitude, Pink is one tough, take no shit, life on her terms girl. When she first came out with "I'm coming out" I thought okay, another one hit pop wonder, but I changed my mind pretty quickly.

She's got a strong message for young women and is a great example compared to the moron bimbos in the TMZ society.

My best memory of her was when she was on a morning show on a Boston station "mancow in the morning" I think was the guys name and he was a Howard Stern shock jock wannabe and she was trying to talk music and he was asking stupid things like are you a moaner or a screamer and she told him you'll never know and why don't you grow up.

Classic.

By far my favorite pink song, both in terms of message and music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUtHjOvPKT0

And she did a fantastic job with the nation’s anthem at the Super Bowl despite having the flu. She is amazing and a great role model. And her name, of course . . .

So. I'll be taking a trip soon.

The City That Never Sleeps.

Empire City.

Gotham.

NYC.

For those of you that are way more familiar with the place than I am and know the local haunts, the best place not many know about, that one shop that can't be missed...please share?

Something you love about NYC? (yes, there's lots, maybe narrow it down to your faves)

Something you avoid in NYC? (the obvious are already noted)

Best place to take a naked pic?

Kidding about that last one.

I think...

:)

Empire City.

Gotham.

NYC.

For those of you that are way more familiar with the place than I am and know the local haunts, the best place not many know about, that one shop that can't be missed...please share?

Something you love about NYC? (yes, there's lots, maybe narrow it down to your faves)

I think...

Spent my first twenty years there; it was a great place to live, but terrible to visit. There's too many places to come from and to go to for a short trip. I do visit now and again, and most of my old places are still there, even if changed (I watched the WTC being built from the sidewalk; I watched it come down on TV. I still can't bring myself back to the site). If I had only one day there, though, I would start at the AMNH and then cross the Park (slowly through the Ramble) to the Met to finish. But, then there's so much more as well...

Nyc

Empire City.

Gotham.

NYC.

I think...

Strand Bookstore, Brooklyn, especially Park Slope, but it all smells delighfully like my Italian grandmother’s kitchen, see Hamilton, Parker hotel for late night skinny dipping, Bryant Park for naked pics (be sure to send me a copy!:)

"Want" would not be the word I would use, should I venture in that wordly direction.

And while I'm sure your scars would pack a punch, I've seen far too much of such to last a lifetime.

Your offer is noted. :)

So, squeamish are we?

Best place to take nude pictures in NYC. Times Square, no one will notice. :eek::D

If I had only one day there, though, I would start at the AMNH and then cross the Park (slowly through the Ramble) to the Met to finish. But, then there's so much more as well...
Both museums are on the list. Might not have done the Ramble to do them, though. Thanks for the idea. :)

Strand Bookstore, Brooklyn, especially Park Slope, but it all smells delighfully like my Italian grandmother’s kitchen,
Okay, that bookstore and that neighborhood look amazing! Adding both to the list. :)

see Hamilton,
And Wicked. Both on the list. :nana:

Parker hotel for late night skinny dipping, Bryant Park for naked pics (be sure to send me a copy!:)
If skinny dip or naked pics happen, I'll post here, deal? ;)

(it probably won't happen) :rolleyes:

New York city....think of every negative thing you've heard about what assholes New Yorkers are and....multiply times 10.

You have to pay me to go there....literally as the last three times I've been there was for work.

My last visit was entertaining..NY dwellers have this odd idea they created rude and nasty so the looks on their faces when they're told "You heard me I said fuck you Douchebag, fuck you, fuck him and fuck those asshole behind you."

That was six years ago...work has never asked me to go back.:confused:

Its the absolute pits.

New York city....think of every negative thing you've heard about what assholes New Yorkers are and....multiply times 10.

You have to pay me to go there....literally as the last three times I've been there was for work.

My last visit was entertaining..NY dwellers have this odd idea they created rude and nasty so the looks on their faces when they're told "You heard me I said fuck you Douchebag, fuck you, fuck him and fuck those asshole behind you."

That was six years ago...work has never asked me to go back.:confused:

Its the absolute pits.
Umm, tell us how you really feel? :rolleyes: :D

I'll just have "Bless your heart" on ready. Thanks for the "NYC fuckers" heads up.

Umm, tell us how you really feel? :rolleyes: :D

I'll just have "Bless your heart" on ready. Thanks for the "NYC fuckers" heads up.

Being a woman you might get treated a little better, the guys will be nicer until they realize you don't want them then you'll be a stuck up bitch.

I was with a female co-worker when I had that exchange and a couple guys were rude to her, so I offered them the chance to be rude to me.

Four and a half friggin hours in the precinct....jeez it was one punch. :mad:

Being a woman you might get treated a little better, the guys will be nicer until they realize you don't want them then you'll be a stuck up bitch.

I was with a female co-worker when I had that exchange and a couple guys were rude to her, so I offered them the chance to be rude to me.

Four and a half friggin hours in the precinct....jeez it was one punch. :mad:

Was it worth it, though? There's the question. If so...

I guess I'll just have to get my complisults compiled. Ones like, "It's lovely of you to show me how funny stupid can be." or "I'm so impressed with your depth of idiocy. Well done!"

#it'sasouthernthang
:cathappy:

Quite welcome. Much better than my scars. ;)

Unless one is into that sort of thing. :cool:

Not really, nor tats or hairy armpits or facial piercings or just too many piercings.

How many are too many? Well if the magnet in my open hand goes flying off and I hear a clunk close by, that's too many. ;):devil:

...facial piercings or just too many piercings.

How many are too many? Well if the magnet in my open hand goes flying off and I hear a clunk close by, that's too many. ;):devil:

No piercings here. My husband has asked me about that before. Yeah, no.

I won't be clinking into your magnet, it seems. ;):D

Park Slope...

I went to high school there long before it was neo-gentrified (it was originally a somewhat upscale neighborhood, but had become immigrant and then Purto Rican). Just north, in Prospect Park (Olmstead's Jewel), is the Vale of Kashmir, a formal oriental garden which has been restored to its original state since we used to hang out after school there in the 60s.

Last edited:
No piercings here. My husband has asked me about that before. Yeah, no.

I won't be clinking into your magnet, it seems. ;):D

Good, I had a life time supply sent to me so I could tell who did and who didn't, I ran out last week...there are a lot of people walking around with my rare earth magnets stuck to them.

When I see a women free of magnets I smile. :D:devil:

Park Slope...

I went to high school there long before it was neo-gentrified (it was originally a somewhat upscale neighborhood, but had become immigrant and then Purto Rican). Just north, in Prospect Park (Olmstead's Jewel), is the Vale of Kashmir, a formal oriental garden which has been restored to its original state since we used to hang out after school there in the 60s.
You are indeed a veritable fount of knowledge (see what I did there?) in just about everything. ;)

This place is also going on the list. If only just because you said. :)

I'm going to be a busy woman come NYC time.

Good, I had a life time supply sent to me so I could tell who did and who didn't, I ran out last week...there are a lot of people walking around with my rare earth magnets stuck to them.

When I see a women free of magnets I smile. :D:devil:
~hand on hip, smiling bright~

Here's some more of those rare earth magnets. None stuck to me.
SKU141100-01.jpg

And here's you one...with a screw.
;)

32907-03-1000.jpg

Thank you for indulging my slightly slutty, exhibitionist self. ;)

And quite welcome. Much better than my scars. ;)

Unless one is into that sort of thing. :cool:

A lovely pic. Thanks for sharing!

I think we all have scars of some sort, n’est pas? Part of life’s geography. I love tracing my lovers’ (yes, plural) scars with my tongue. So, yes, I am into that sort of thing. :cool:

Back