New York roll call

Brave man. I'm not going out today unless I have to. And you walked 20 blocks?

Brave? nah.. foolish maybe but we do what we have to do. Had to walk back as well but I was dressed a little more warmly than your av.. you might want to bundle up just a bit if you do go out.

Brave? nah.. foolish maybe but we do what we have to do. Had to walk back as well but I was dressed a little more warmly than your av.. you might want to bundle up just a bit if you do go out.

Haha. I'm not going anywhere. But thanks for being concerned. What a gentleman... ;)

Haha. I'm not going anywhere. But thanks for being concerned. What a gentleman... ;)

Ok this just keeps getting worse.. We might as well change the name of this thread to the NY cold weather thread.. I ever like to get stuck in the house but with "-" in front of the temps, today is going to be a get things done inside the house.. at least until I head to the Isles/Rangers game tonight.. Just wish I had a fireplace.

I have an appointment this afternoon but won't be stepping foot outside the house until absolutely necessary. Only a little more than 30 days left until spring, officially. We can do this ... ;)

and I don't have a fireplace either. Only an outdoor one in the yard, which is doing me absolutely no good today. Another blanket perhaps.

Well I was out of town for a few days, down in the Carolinas, and came here to see what I had missed.. Apparently not much.. crickets here. Did everyone move to Jersey while I was gone?

Funny enough... There are crickets here.

Cricket is my Jack Russell's name.

But I went to make tea this morning and had a cricket in my mug. Kinda feel bad but I throw him outside.

Funny enough... There are crickets here.

Cricket is my Jack Russell's name.

But I went to make tea this morning and had a cricket in my mug. Kinda feel bad but I throw him outside.

I hope you dressed him in a warm coat and mittens before you did.. And why are their crickets in your cupboard? That is the question… Unless you mean your Jack Russell was in your mug (small dog or large mug it would have to be).

Speaking of crickets.. Buddy Holly fan?

I hope you dressed him in a warm coat and mittens before you did.. And why are their crickets in your cupboard? That is the question… Unless you mean your Jack Russell was in your mug (small dog or large mug it would have to be).

Speaking of crickets.. Buddy Holly fan?

Yes, fan of Buddy Holly but cricket name came because most of our animals have/had hard or soft C names: Cricket, Cuddles, Caramel, Cocoa, Chester, Q-tip (yes, we know... She snuck in by the sound).

Mug was on counter overnight :) How we had cricket in winter is because we live on the side on a mountain. Unfinished rock basement and house that was summer house. So no way to make it winter/weather tight. We woke to black rat snake in my living room one Monday morning.... I'll take the cricket.

We have losing war with spiders also.

Never what this Brooklyn girl expected. But I have a million dollar view.

Maybe I should offer free beer and pizza to get some life in this thread. You can only talk about the cold for so long..

It's too early for beer and pizza for me.

I am brewing coffee and am off to make pancakes n' bacon. :)

I'll be back later for some brewskis and pizza-time though!
T.

Spring is around the corners. Soon warm sunny days and no more cabin fever!!!!

Well I was out of town for a few days, down in the Carolinas, and came here to see what I had missed.. Apparently not much.. crickets here. Did everyone move to Jersey while I was gone?

Our fingers were frozen. Couldn't type.
JK. I can only speak for myself - but I was sick as a dog for almost a week. Today is the first time I've left the house since Wednesday - and of course it was to go to work. Nothing fun.

How about Long Island iced teas and pizza?

Long Island Iced teas it is to go with the beers but will have to make sure you get a car service home after as I will take your keys away if that is your drink of choice. I will pull out the deep fryer and whip up a batch of buffalo wings…\

Our fingers were frozen. Couldn't type.
JK. I can only speak for myself - but I was sick as a dog for almost a week. Today is the first time I've left the house since Wednesday - and of course it was to go to work. Nothing fun.

Hope you feel better and here's also to hoping that spring will be sprung shortly..

Long Island Iced teas it is to go with the beers but will have to make sure you get a car service home after as I will take your keys away if that is your drink of choice. I will pull out the deep fryer and whip up a batch of buffalo wings…\

Sounds like a perfect evening. Throw in a fireplace and I'm set.

Hope you feel better and here's also to hoping that spring will be sprung shortly..

I am feeling better today. Making progress. Physically and with my life messes. Its gonna be a good day! Hope it is for you too. :rose:

Nassau County!

ahh the county of high taxes, huge debt, failed referendums and my home sweet home..

the same place that brought us Joey Buttafucco, Lindsey Lohan, and Joel Rifkin. Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern as well as Billy Joel, Seinfeld, Billy Crystal, Eddie Murphy, Dr. J, Jim Brown, Natalie Portman and the Baldwin brothers.. Just a taste of the long list of famous and the infamous.. There could be a thread for just Nassau with all the famous and nutty people from here.

Back