New UK Thread

Don’t tease me
Unfortunately, Labour's large Momentum rump has the capacity to make Labour unelectable - again. Unless Starmer deals with them, he will still be in trouble at the next election. He hasn't got long, and the Tories will try hard to annoy Momentum. Don't count any chickens yet.

...and the Conservatives are a united party with no factional disputes and a totally competent and selfless government whose only aim is to do what's best for the country. I'm sure that the electorate or eager for the next GE to give them another thumping majority.
In other words both are fucked. It is question of who is less fucked by the next election.

I'd like to vote for 'None of the above' (but that isn't the Lib Dems).

Sir Keith Starmer published and open letter in The Times today, calling on left-wing Corbyn supporters either to back him or to leave the party.

Good luck with that. There are too many who still think their Labour Party is theirs.

It might help Labour's chances if they would be definite about who is a woman.

If you are a man who wants to live as a woman? I have no problem with that. If you want to take away hard-fought-for woman's rights? Fuck you.

Last edited:
A body has bveen found in the search for Nicola Bulley, as yet unidentified.

After 3 weeks in the river, I wouldn't want to show it to the relations. I'm not surprised the Police are taking their time with the identification.

Last edited:
I had to go hunting for this thread, it was languishing way down in my my list. All this crappy weather this week and no one commented on it, Very remiss of you all. Oh and me, I'm no better.

That Sky engineer better turn up tomorrow, I shall not be impressed if he calls off a second week in a row!

Late flight to Dusseldorf tomorrow (Sunday) evening. Anyone up for a quite weekend?

I didn't agree with what Gary Linekar said in his post, but I defend his right to say it. - as does Jeremy Clarkson - disagree but defemd the right to say it. The BBC made a mountain out of a molehill and Gary had said biased things before with no sanctions. He is a sports commentator not a politician.

Why should anyone care what he thinks (as long as he doesn't say it on BBC air?).

Lord Sugar - BBC Presenter - backed the Tories - no fuss
Andrew Neil - ex-BBC Presenter (in NCA, furthermore) - backed the Tories (during his BBC contracts) - no fuss
Gary Lineker (an actual Tory) - BBC Presenter - criticises the Tories - tons of fuss

Hmmmm...

Lord Sugar - BBC Presenter - backed the Tories - no fuss
Andrew Neil - ex-BBC Presenter (in NCA, furthermore) - backed the Tories (during his BBC contracts) - no fuss
Gary Lineker (an actual Tory) - BBC Presenter - criticises the Tories - tons of fuss

Hmmmm...
But he (and others) had done it before.

Why the fuss this time?

Both sides believe the BBC is biased against them - so they must be reasonably balanced.

Allowing Gary Linekar to post against the Conservatives; and Jeremy Clar00kson against Meghan is protecting free speech.

You might think he is a cunt but he was 100% correct in what he wrote (not what the right wing press and tory MPs say that he wrote); the UK does not take many asylum seekers in comparison to other European countries and some government rhetoric is very reminisant of Germany in the 1930's.
I don't particularly think he's a cunt I just thought the joke was funny but thanks for explaining the whole thing to me.

Last edited:
Back