New Author Profiles BETA Feedback Request

Well, just tried to look at another’s data and, maybe I’m missing something, but it seems incomplete. It shows how many people are following, how many the are following, etc, but I cannot drill down any further than than, say to find out what stories thy have favorited. Not a step forward. Growing pains, no doubt.
Followers, favorites, and favorite authors all have clickable links. Pretty much everything is clickable.

Or should be. If it isn't for you, that's something that needs to be looked into.

lit_new_bio.jpg

I don't know if this has been addressed, but being able to sort the stories list by author's choice would be nice. I have two series that are connected, but now the very first chapter (and my first story published on Literotica) is 14 spots down my list (sorting by newest) and 7 spots down (sorting alphabetical). It would be nice if an author could organize them in their own preferred order like we can do with a series and not have to resort to titling them as "01...," "02...," "03...," etcetera.

But I do love the look of the new layout!!! Thank you!!

On that note, I noticed that it shows you how many comments an author has made. That's a nice stat. I hope they take that extra step to make it a clickable link to actually show that author's comments as a list. It might bring more anon comments on stories, but I do think that info would be nice to have, especially when it comes to things like curating who you want to try to exchange critiques with.

I see the profiles have started linking to the new look.

After seeing it again, I can't help but feel it does take up too much space. It does look nice, don't get me wrong, but it's a lot harder to gauge an author's catalogue at a glance. Maybe a compressed option is something to work towards (I know these things a lot of take time and effort).
Yep, and I absolutely despise it.

Do you happen to know how to switch back???

Yep, and I absolutely despise it.

Do you happen to know how to switch back???
I'm not sure you can.

There's now too much white space, I reckon, with not much extra functionality. If the space gets used in future to add in extra story data (word count etc.), that's fine, but right now, I prefer the old visual presentation.

Sorry, late to the party as I only noticed it when it went live.
However, I might be able to help on Duplicate Stories:
This is a function of the Auto mode in Series where, if you have put stories in a series, but they have the format of...
A&C: 01 A Beautiful Spring Sunday, then even though you put it in a series the Auto mode will occasionally decide it has spotted the A&C: series and create one for itself. The only option is to go to Series (Beta) and delete the Auto one (I have had to do that about 3 times for the above series.

I hope this helps and YMMV + I reserve the right to be (proved) wrong.

Sorry, late to the party as I only noticed it when it went live.
However, I might be able to help on Duplicate Stories:
This is a function of the Auto mode in Series where, if you have put stories in a series, but they have the format of...
A&C: 01 A Beautiful Spring Sunday, then even though you put it in a series the Auto mode will occasionally decide it has spotted the A&C: series and create one for itself. The only option is to go to Series (Beta) and delete the Auto one (I have had to do that about 3 times for the above series.

I hope this helps and YMMV + I reserve the right to be (proved) wrong.
Actually, I just tried that and 'horror of horrors' A&C: 01 is duplicated five times and others less so. But they are all linked so you tick one and all, including the one in the manual series, get ticked and I can no longer see the option to remove a story from a series so something has changed and gone 'tits up' (I'd apologise for my language but this is literotica so a lady on her back might neither be inappropriate or (like laid an egg)* or signify failure ;). Anyone know how to get Manu to look at that? Of course it could be a system failure between screen and keyboard! (aka ME!)

*Apparently during WWII Eisenhower?sp said 'such and such operation had 'laid an egg', to which Churchill replied. 'But laying an egg is so wonderful!'

Now that we are being forced to use the new UI, I already see issues I haven't noticed before. My favorites list isn't getting updated with new stories I've added recently and my favorite authors list is also missing a few authors I'm following who have deleted their works but the profile is still there. I can see that I'm following them when I go to their profile but the same isn't being reflected in my following list.

But I love this:

1713964981727.png
I don't have "Lists." What is it?

I don't have "Lists." What is it?

In addition to your Favorites, you can create Reading Lists in your Control Panel to save and organize stories. You can also set those lists to either be public or private. Then, if you find a story you'd like to save, you can choose which list it should be in by clicking the Bookmark icon either at the top or bottom of the story page.

I think it's a great feature!

Last edited:
In addition to your Favorites, you can create Reading Lists in your Control Panel to save and organize stories. You can also set those lists to either be public or private. Then, if you find a story you'd like to save, you can choose which list it should be in by clicking the Bookmark icon at the top of the story page.

Interesting! Thank you!!

I'm not sure you can.

There's now too much white space, I reckon, with not much extra functionality. If the space gets used in future to add in extra story data (word count etc.), that's fine, but right now, I prefer the old visual presentation.
This "new" stuff not only looks stupid, but it's also sloppy.

When are people gonna learn that "new" is not always better. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm sure there are some that like it, and that's fine, just not for me.

@OverconfidentSarcasm, I haven't looked yet, but can you change the background banner?
In addition to your Favorites, you can create Reading Lists in your Control Panel to save and organize stories. You can also set those lists to either be public or private. Then, if you find a story you'd like to save, you can choose which list it should be in by clicking the Bookmark icon either at the top or bottom of the story page.

@OverconfidentSarcasm, I haven't looked yet, but can you change the background banner?

I wouldn't know how...

I'd expect to find an option for that in the Control Panel, but there doesn't seem to be anything allowing me to upload images. But I know for a fact that some people have images in their Bios, though those seem to be profiles that came into existence before the new design was introduced and the images are not being displayed in the new profile design.

For example:

ProfileComparison.jpg

Maybe they removed that option and will re-introduce it for the new profiles. After all, there are also quite a few accounts that have spaces in their usernames, which wasn't allowed when I created my profile.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Saves my lazy ass from looking to see. 😱 :eek:
I wouldn't know how...

I'd expect to find an option for that in the Control Panel, but there doesn't seem to be anything allowing me to upload images. But I know for a fact that some people have images in their Bios, though those seem to be profiles that came into existence before the new design was introduced and the images are not being displayed in the new profile design.

Maybe they removed that option and will re-introduce it for the new profiles. After all, there are also quite a few accounts that have spaces in their usernames, which wasn't allowed when I created my profile.

I have no idea what that even means. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm happy that you like it, just not for me.

It's sloppy and unorganized to me.

I'm gonna be perfectly honest here... I'd prefer they finally fixed the option to place a Patreon link in the "Support this author" feature, rather than force-test new designs that they know full well only work for half the people.

I have no idea what that even means. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Basically every time you try to load the old page, it automatically sends you to this new one. So you can't even load the old page manually or through search history - it'll still take you to the new look!

I'll just be blunt. The main problem with this new design is the font size/style being used on the 'Works' page for the authors. 4 lines of repetitive text for every single story is simply not user friendly, especially given the large font size used for the story titles.

Here's the problem, when I go to any author's story page, with this new format, I can only fit a total of FOUR stories on my computer screen at any one time. With the old format, I could easily get close to 4 times that many stories on the screen at one time...but now, I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to see the story list, even if they only have 20 stories. There's just too much info that needs to be cleaned up, and more properly spaced, to make it more user friendly. For authors who have very large libraries, you will have to do more scrolling to get through their story list, than you do on an actual story page with 3K words of text. It's the equivalent of going on Amazon, and having the coding make it so only 3 items can ever be shown on your computer screen at one time, and if you want to see more items, you'll be wearing out your scroll wheel on your mouse within a month...this is just not good, and can be so much better.

Even average coders can EASILY clean this up a bit, and adjust the fonts/spacing/mapping etc. to make these pages look much more efficient, and make them much more user friendly, with still keeping all the info currently displayed.

Here's the problem, when I go to any author's story page, with this new format, I can only fit a total of FOUR stories on my computer screen at any one time. With the old format, I could easily get close to 4 times that many stories on the screen at one time

I believe that the new format has larger boxes for each entry to make them tappable on a phone screen, so I can understand why they did that. I know that it's far from ideal for us desktoppers but people with shorter attention spans who need everything at the beck of their fingertips run the world now, and if lit wants to keep the traffic up they kinda need to cater to them.

Back