Nerd Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the movie Zardoz? I'm watching it know, it's messed up - possibly in a good way but I can't tell yet. :) At least it has Sean Connery!
 
RavenousRae said:
Has anyone seen the movie Zardoz? I'm watching it know, it's messed up - possibly in a good way but I can't tell yet. :) At least it has Sean Connery!

Never heard of it.

Thumbs up on Connery, though. :cool:
 
Spins said:
Never heard of it.

Thumbs up on Connery, though. :cool:

It is a strange strange movie

Here's some of the first lines:

Zardoz: The gun is good.
Exterminators: The gun is good.
Zardoz: The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth and kill!

And it just gets stranger as it progresses. :)
 
RavenousRae said:
It is a strange strange movie

Here's some of the first lines:

Zardoz: The gun is good.
Exterminators: The gun is good.
Zardoz: The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth and kill!

And it just gets stranger as it progresses. :)

Uh...

I never thought about it that way...

<covers his crotch>
 
RavenousRae said:
Has anyone seen the movie Zardoz? I'm watching it know, it's messed up - possibly in a good way but I can't tell yet. :) At least it has Sean Connery!


Zardoz! With the giant floating Head! I loved that bad movie! And Sean in a loin cloth is good..but he really needed to loose the pony tail.
 
lil_squirter said:
I loved that bad movie!

While on the subject of bad movies, has anyone else seen Undead?
Goofiest damn zombie movie since the Evil Dead series.
 
SexyCleric said:
While on the subject of bad movies, has anyone else seen Undead?
Goofiest damn zombie movie since the Evil Dead series.


Nope. But you simply must partake of the campy badness that is Dead anf Breakfast. Seriously...this movie has everything you could want in a cheesey horror films.

Much blood and guts! Zombies! Bikers! Country bars! A bed and breakfast where things go terribly awry!

Plus it has these little exposition pieces that are sung by one of the characters that change as the movie progresses.

HehhehehAwesome badness!
 
lil_squirter said:
Nope. But you simply must partake of the campy badness that is Dead anf Breakfast. Seriously...this movie has everything you could want in a cheesey horror films.

Much blood and guts! Zombies! Bikers! Country bars! A bed and breakfast where things go terribly awry!

Plus it has these little exposition pieces that are sung by one of the characters that change as the movie progresses.

HehhehehAwesome badness!


Wow...
That DOES sound terrible...

Heh. I have a small collection of bad, cheesy, awful SciFi movies on my shelf.
The jewel in my crown is a atrocity called Robot Jox.

Oh yes, it IS as bad as the title suggests!
 
SexyCleric said:
Wow...
That DOES sound terrible...

Heh. I have a small collection of bad, cheesy, awful SciFi movies on my shelf.
The jewel in my crown is a atrocity called Robot Jox.

Oh yes, it IS as bad as the title suggests!


Seen it, in fact I used to have the promo poster of it!
 
lil_squirter said:
Nope. But you simply must partake of the campy badness that is Dead anf Breakfast. Seriously...this movie has everything you could want in a cheesey horror films.

Much blood and guts! Zombies! Bikers! Country bars! A bed and breakfast where things go terribly awry!

Plus it has these little exposition pieces that are sung by one of the characters that change as the movie progresses.

HehhehehAwesome badness!

And here I thought I was the only person who actually watched Dead and Breakfast.

You should check out Zombie Honeymoon.
 
SexyCleric said:
Wow...
That DOES sound terrible...

Heh. I have a small collection of bad, cheesy, awful SciFi movies on my shelf.
The jewel in my crown is a atrocity called Robot Jox.

Oh yes, it IS as bad as the title suggests!

OMG ROBOT JOX YAY!!! *Geekish battlesqueal* :nana: :nana: :nana:
 
lil_squirter said:
Zardoz! With the giant floating Head! I loved that bad movie! And Sean in a loin cloth is good..but he really needed to loose the pony tail.

Sean in a loin cloth was pretty interesting. I don't think I understood what the hell was really going, especially at the end, but it was at least entertaining in a a unique 70's movie kind-of-way.
 
Texguy84 said:
OMG ROBOT JOX YAY!!! *Geekish battlesqueal* :nana: :nana: :nana:


My dear God, I remember that movie. Wasn't Gary Graham, the guy from the "Alien Nation" TV show the star of that movie?

My geek claim to fame is an original VHS of "Howard the Duck" that still has George Lucas' name in the opening credits. That and a bunch of bad horror movies. And some old-school kung-fu movies.

Actually, my movie collection is relatively small and...err...quirky. I'm not quite sure how I can explain "Logan's Run" and the entire set of the original "Battlestar Galactica" sitting next to the Harry Potter movies and the whole Dangermouse series.
 
JazzManJim said:
My dear God, I remember that movie. Wasn't Gary Graham, the guy from the "Alien Nation" TV show the star of that movie?

Indeed. I'm a weird kinda geek though, when I think of Gary Graham, I think of his recurring role on JAG as the CAG aboard the USS Patrick Henry. And the early episode where he played an aviator who was cheating on his vision tests. JAG had a lot of guest stars who played multiple unrelated characters, like the guy who played Harm's Russian analogue, who earlier played a Russian naval officer.

Lessee, my DVD collection is also somewhat varying in nature. I've got some war movies (We Were Soldiers and Flight of the Intruder), some anime (Area 88 and Big O), some sci-fi (Roswell, Roughnecks: The StarShip Troopers Chronicles, Animatrix) and various other random stuff, including a Canadian sports movie (Men With Brooms) and a cheerleading movie (Bring It On).

And now that I look at my shelf, I'm wondering when I bought a copy of The Manchurian Candidate :confused:

That's not including the stuff that I accidentally left in Texas. All of the made-for-TV Horatio Hornblower movies (if you're a fan of the new BSG, the guy who plays Apollo plays one of the characters in these movies), Once Upon A Time In Mexico (yay Robert Rodruiguez Burrito Westerns!), and a couple of others.
 
Ooh, speaking of giant robot movies, anybody remember Robot Wars? With the giant scorpion robot attacking post-apocalyptic San Diego or something like that? :nana: :nana:

*loves his early 90's giant robot sci-fi movies*
 
Nerds! Tonight...is the night...that we have been preparing for...

Set your clocks back an hour :cool:
 
Texguy84 said:
Roughnecks: The StarShip Troopers Chronicles,

This show rocked! I wish there'd been a second season.
Anyone ever see a show called,'ReBoot?'
 
This thread has been seriously dead for a while.

What the fuck, people. What. The. Fuck.
 
Auraka6669 said:
Work, Women, and Wow.... yeah little time to post now.

I think the Web should be added to the "W list", then I'll be able to say I have at least two of those things, as I am not a WoW person and I don't have "women."
 
RavenousRae said:
I think the Web should be added to the "W list", then I'll be able to say I have at least two of those things, as I am not a WoW person and I don't have "women."

Woman good!

Better than web! Better than WoW!

Woman best!

<scratches himself>

'Cept when make life hard. Woman bad then.

<nods>
 
Spins said:
Woman good!

Better than web! Better than Wow!

Woman best!

<scratches hismelf>
I can find no inaccuracies in this statement. None. Even after editing.
 
Ok, so as a woman I should feel glad we're being plugged as being better than wow and the web. But this whole making "life hard thing," men are guilty of this as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top