Needed: A female contributor

I'm actually really proud of the AH denizens for not jumping down the OP's throat like they used to.

Normally, I would have recommended that the OP start by reading this thread, but honestly, no one seemed to get very upsent by this post, so kudos all around. :giggle:

I'm actually really proud of the AH denizens for not jumping down the OP's throat like they used to.

Normally, I would have recommended that the OP start by reading this thread, but honestly, no one seemed to get very upsent by this post, so kudos all around. :giggle:

Nah, you’re giving us too much credit. This was because the OP got an offer right away, it makes it difficult to launch into the “you will never get any offers with a request like this you idiot!!” rant.

Nah, you’re giving us too much credit. This was because the OP got an offer right away, it makes it difficult to launch into the “you will never get any offers with a request like this you idiot!!” rant.
I must admit it was hard to give the OP the benefit of the doubt!

Honestly, I've never understood the violent, scornful reactions that those requests received. I mean, they are generally interpreted as tasteless and thinly veiled attempts of a man attempting to convince a woman to write all of his sexual fantasies. But even if that were 100% true, every single time ... then it's a lewd request, easily ignored.

Why would that upset people here?

Yeah, this generally isn't the place for it, but the vitriol those posts would often receive was wild. Everyone treated those men like absolute clowns, for violating a largely unspoken rule of the AH.

Honestly, I've never understood the violent, scornful reactions that those requests received. I mean, they are generally interpreted as tasteless and thinly veiled attempts of a man attempting to convince a woman to write all of his sexual fantasies. But even if that were 100% true, every single time ... then it's a lewd request, easily ignored.

Why would that upset people here?

Yeah, this generally isn't the place for it, but the vitriol those posts would often receive was wild. Everyone treated those men like absolute clowns, for violating a largely unspoken rule of the AH.
I checked that Coyote Howard was an active author before volunteering and gave a definite maybe on collaboration as the details were thin.
Once known, I couldn't see my style and interests aligning with his.

And I agree, M. A little kindness would go a long way. I miss EmilyMiller:cry:

I checked that Coyote Howard was an active author before volunteering and gave a definite maybe on collaboration as the details were thin.
Once known, I couldn't see my style and interests aligning with his.

And I agree, M. A little kindness would go a long way. I miss EmilyMiller:cry:
And I appreciated that honesty.

I'm secure enough in myself that what's been alluded to honestly never crossed my mind.

The integrity of the story is my primary goal.

Back