looking to chat

Today doesn't seem to be so bad, fingers crossed. Let's see how I survive for the next few days. How are you?

Hmm...haven't you been saying that for the past few weeks? Is this a typical (asian?) guy's reaction...who won't go see a doctor? Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

Hmm...haven't you been saying that for the past few weeks? Is this a typical (asian?) guy's reaction...who won't go see a doctor? Anyway, hope you feel better soon.

I've seen my fair share of doctors over the years! So therefore I have to be really bad to go and see one. I have been improving slightly, but slowly, so I know that if I went they would just tell me to rest and turn me away.

Hello people. How have you been doing?

So i have been talking to some people, more on pm and other apps than in the threads.
Tell me how do you manage your time with being on the threads and talking to your lit friends.

If you still come here.
I notice that some people only come to lit to see if someone wants to chat with them.

Hey Cross. Its been a while. I normally just check out a few threads that I've previously posted on and have a glance at the new threads. I've recently dropped it in lit's chat rooms though I generally prefer to chat one-on-one using other apps.

I wander and contribute to the threads and most of my lit friend chats happen in PM, IM, or Email, just depending on what works best.

Hey Paul, glad to see you here again :) Its been a while. What have you been up to?

Mostly just work busy - my days can get kind of long since I work with customers across the world. LOL - I can lose track of time zones and live without a real sense of immediate time. How has life been treating you?

Timezones is something that gets in the way of exchanching messages. Even using chat apps with work and life sometimes we cant communicate regularly. It sucks.

How has your experience on lit been? if you have any particular experience you'd lik

I gain knowledge and experience form chatting and reading here.

I have met / made 2 friends here.

Hey denconer - Welcome to the thread, and thanks for posting. :)

Cross - denconer talked to me in the chat room, he's not a forum poster (for a few reasons) but agreed to write. let's welcome him to the forums, ok? Thank you though, for trying to keep this thread alive, that's really cool of you. :)

There are many litsters who prefer to PM me the whole list of answers instead of posting in the forum. Some agree to transfer it to the forum, but most usually don't.

Mostly just work busy - my days can get kind of long since I work with customers across the world. LOL - I can lose track of time zones and live without a real sense of immediate time. How has life been treating you?

Timezones is something that gets in the way of exchanching messages. Even using chat apps with work and life sometimes we cant communicate regularly. It sucks.

Paul - Life has been....up and down. Dealing with a few things. Reconnected with someone from 2 years ago, we've been chatting quite a bit these few days, so that's cool but trying to keep a safe distance too.

Cross - I thrive on staying in contact, I understand life can be busy but I think it all boils down to whether the person wants to maintain contact or not. A text, a message, a reply...does not take long.

It's always great to reconnect with old friends - made even easier by the current technological age. I agree - it only takes a moment to send a text or hit call on the phone. Stay in touch. It makes life richer.

Yup, it requires effort from both parties, which is the same in both real life and online world. However, online chatting is very fragile, one click of ignore/delete/block and its gone; add to that a lot of users who treat this as an escapism without the knowledge of the other, that's a recipe for disaster. So, it takes a while to find someone compatible.

First of all, thank you for posting such an interesting topic. I'll stick with answering 2 and 3 first:

2. I expect not to be answered if it's a cold PM. I try to be respectful, check her profile for any boundaries she may have, then attempt to be original/humorous/relevant. However, if a woman starts to chat and then disappears without saying anything, it does bother me a little.

3. I am very truthful, but leave out details that may compromise my privacy, such as the name of my employer, the exact city where I live, etc.

If you're still online, I'm still in the Phone room right now. I'd love to chat with you and talk about your other questions in depth.

Hey Nerd159 - welcome. I just saw your post, dont think you're in the Phone room anymore. Nonetheless, the topics are supposed to be discussed/posted here.

#2 - Yup, I'd feel the same, what a waste of time too!
#3 - I understand, I would also do the same.

I think the challenge with personals is the same challenge that you run into in real life. You put yourself out there and you meet a lot of tiny slices of a lot of people, and then you try to expand that slice and figure out if the whole person fits the picture. For a lot of people are you're ever get is that tiny slice, and for another a lot of people the slice may be intriguing but the whole person doesn't fit.

We stay in the game because of life, love, and lust make the whole game worth while.

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?

Don't know about other peoples experience here. But it's so much easier when girls think you're experienced on this site, and there's that immediate comfort level there. Been pretty new here, and when most girls know that its pretty much on to the next guy.

3. This probably happens with both sexes, but since I generally chat with guys, my question would be: why do guys lie when they chat online?

Don't know about other peoples experience here. But it's so much easier when girls think you're experienced on this site, and there's that immediate comfort level there. Been pretty new here, and when most girls know that its pretty much on to the next guy.

cxn712 - Welcome to this forum thread. I remember you from the chat room.

Thank you for posting. Is it a/any particular type of experience that you are referring to?

Happy

i cant complain, by problem is that when in a chat room i get so many PMS i cant answer them all. Its embarrassing ;)

cxn712 - Welcome to this forum thread. I remember you from the chat room.

Thank you for posting. Is it a/any particular type of experience that you are referring to?

Well for those people who don't want to deal with some of the more vocal people in group chats you look for people who have profiles that kind of match up with what your looking for. I've had far more success starting chats, not even RP, by lying and saying i'm used to chatting here. That really does make people feel more comfortable talking to you.

Back