Lil_Jenni's Adventures, Past and Present...

Later today, we are going to pick up my new car... A 2024 Explorer XLT. I test drove an ST with the 400hp engine as well, and I liked it a lot, but the sticker shock for the ST was a bit much given the purpose of the vehicle is to haul kiddos and stuff. So, we opted on the 300hp XLT. Like I posted above, I can always take my WRX out for some fun, since we are keeping it. And I probably shouldn't be driving fast in an SUV full of kids anyway... 🙄

But... I feel old and responsible and not quite myself... It's a fucking mom car. And yeah, I know... That's what I am. 🤬

But hey, the Explorer seemed less a mom car than the others on our short list. And it's a bit quicker than the Subaru Ascent, which was my first choice until I drove the Explorer.

And no, I didn't test drive a Cayenne, even though the current model will supposedly accommodate three car seats. It's well out of our price range... I mean, we could afford it if I really wanted it, but it seems irresponsible to me... sometimes I hate being a fucking grown up. 🤬🤬🤬

One day the kids will be older and you will.be able to burn rubber again.

You know...unless you keep getting pregnant to where you need a stretch limo to haul them all. 🤣

Later today, we are going to pick up my new car... A 2024 Explorer XLT. I test drove an ST with the 400hp engine as well, and I liked it a lot, but the sticker shock for the ST was a bit much given the purpose of the vehicle is to haul kiddos and stuff. So, we opted on the 300hp XLT. Like I posted above, I can always take my WRX out for some fun, since we are keeping it. And I probably shouldn't be driving fast in an SUV full of kids anyway... 🙄

But... I feel old and responsible and not quite myself... It's a fucking mom car. And yeah, I know... That's what I am. 🤬

But hey, the Explorer seemed less a mom car than the others on our short list. And it's a bit quicker than the Subaru Ascent, which was my first choice until I drove the Explorer.

And no, I didn't test drive a Cayenne, even though the current model will supposedly accommodate three car seats. It's well out of our price range... I mean, we could afford it if I really wanted it, but it seems irresponsible to me... sometimes I hate being a fucking grown up. 🤬🤬🤬
You passed up on the Cayenne 😳?!?!? I bet 3 car seats will supposedly fit but it'll be very tight. You're a good mom who did the responsible thing and made the right choice although I was rooting for the Porsche tbh!!!??

One day you'll get your ass into something really fast and nice ........ a C10 in the future perhaps?? Definitely once you won't be needing any space for child seats nor strollers!

You passed up on the Cayenne 😳?!?!? I bet 3 car seats will supposedly fit but it'll be very tight. You're a good mom who did the responsible thing and made the right choice although I was rooting for the Porsche tbh!!!??

One day you'll get your ass into something really fast and nice ........ a C10 in the future perhaps?? Definitely once you won't be needing any space for child seats nor strollers!
Even with the Explorer, the stroller issue is still a problem. The double strollers are big. We will have to fold down one of the rear row seats to make it work. As I think you all have figured out, my current favorite curse is "fucking twins," and I understand that may be my favorite curse the rest of my life, given what folks say in the twin forums online. Fucking twins.

Even with the Explorer, the stroller issue is still a problem. The double strollers are big. We will have to fold down one of the rear row seats to make it work. As I think you all have figured out, my current favorite curse is "fucking twins," and I understand that may be my favorite curse the rest of my life, given what folks say in the twin forums online. Fucking twins.
So forget the stroller and baby wear. ;)

See? Then the non-speed queen version of your life will hopefully be short-lived
I still have my WRX... but my sights are set on a two-seater at some point in the future, so I will have something that never has kids in it. On the other hand, the Kiddo likes going on mountain drives with me in the WRX (but it's our secret -- Hubby doesn't know... he may suspect, however...), and maybe the twins will too some day, so maybe not a two-seater.

Like I said, I hate being a grown up. Fucking twins.

I still have my WRX... but my sights are set on a two-seater at some point in the future, so I will have something that never has kids in it. On the other hand, the Kiddo likes going on mountain drives with me in the WRX (but it's our secret -- Hubby doesn't know... he may suspect, however...), and maybe the twins will too some day, so maybe not a two-seater.

I bet you're so cute when you curse like that.

2 seater hmmmmmm?? Definitely a C10 in a decade or so ........ or a Cayman?? Those are not for nothing gorgeous and you and I know the styling doesn't really change much year or year since Porsche has like the laziest engineers 🙄

You are hilarious!

And no, the XLT isn't a 'fucking mom car'. That would be a minivan! At least you didn't stoop that low! LOL.
Honestly, the car seat stage doesn't last forever. Except for the 'milk bombs', those seem to stay forever...

You are hilarious!

And no, the XLT isn't a 'fucking mom car'. That would be a minivan! At least you didn't stoop that low! LOL.
Honestly, the car seat stage doesn't last forever. Except for the 'milk bombs', those seem to stay forever...
It is to me. I never thought I'd have an SUV with three rows of seats. And I didn't opt for the most powerful version. That makes it a mom car. 😡

Having said that, it's pretty nice. We drove it up to the mountains after we picked it up. It was fun...not WRX fun, but fun. It handles pretty good for something it's size and weight. And I made Hubby grab the "oh shit" handle a few times. 😈

2 seater hmmmmmm?? Definitely a C10 in a decade or so ........ or a Cayman?? Those are not for nothing gorgeous and you and I know the styling doesn't really change much year or year since Porsche has like the laziest engineers 🙄
Oh, I see myself in the Cayman over the Corvette, despite how much I loved the experience of driving the C8. The Porsche is more my style, I think. 😁

Hell, I see myself in a 911, but that's way out of our price range. 🙄

The nice thing about the 911 is you can pick them up pre owned 50k miles and it will keep its value (depending on how much you drive it) for a long time. There just isn’t many of them and always in style.

The nice thing about the 911 is you can pick them up pre owned 50k miles and it will keep its value (depending on how much you drive it) for a long time. There just isn’t many of them and always in style.
That's a good point. But we're years away from that dream... although not too far away to start planning... 😁

Canyon rides in the WRX are amazing. I had a ‘04 STi I used to take my kids on rides. Now I have a ‘17 WRX

Yes, they are. ❤️😁

My WRX is an '18. I wanted an STi, but Hubby talked me out of it.
I wanted and STi but no were available in my price range. They go for outrageous price near me or private sale asking a fuck ton more than it’s worth. I’m currently swapping my motor cause I spun a rod bearing 😭😭

I wanted and STi but no were available in my price range. They go for outrageous price near me or private sale asking a fuck ton more than it’s worth. I’m currently swapping my motor cause I spun a rod bearing 😭😭
Sorry about your WRX. I hope you get it fixed soon.

And I mistyped above... Mine is a '17 too. When I typed '18 it looked wrong, but then I couldn't remember so I went with it. But the more I thought about it, the more I knew I was wrong because I bought it before the Kiddo was born, and the reason I didn't buy the STi was because we were trying to start a family. Hubby wanted me to get an Outback, I wanted the STi, and we compromised on the WRX. And Kiddo was born in 2018-- of that I am certain.

But I've been doing that a lot lately, where I can't remember little things, especially numbers. People says it's because I'm pregnant, but this didn't happen with the last pregnancy. I think I have too much on my mind. 🫤

The question is are you keeping the El Dorado? Last time I checked in, it was on the chopping block 😮

Sorry about your WRX. I hope you get it fixed soon.

And I mistyped above... Mine is a '17 too. When I typed '18 it looked wrong, but then I couldn't remember so I went with it. But the more I thought about it, the more I knew I was wrong because I bought it before the Kiddo was born, and the reason I didn't buy the STi was because we were trying to start a family. Hubby wanted me to get an Outback, I wanted the STi, and we compromised on the WRX. And Kiddo was born in 2018-- of that I am certain.

But I've been doing that a lot lately, where I can't remember little things, especially numbers. People says it's because I'm pregnant, but this didn't happen with the last pregnancy. I think I have too much on my mind. 🫤
Once you have your second pregnancy and beyond, mom brain melt is permanent

Back