Is there anyone interested in finding common ground? Instead of hating people because of their perceived political beliefs?

I think clearly both sides are valid, and the “solution” needs to be a compromise. Neither side gets “their way”, but both sides get recognized as being valid. A shame the dems didn’t ratify Roe VS Wade any of the times they had control enough to do it.

This is, once again, more of the kool aid.

Congress cannot create a right where the courts say no right exists. The D's in congress would have to propose a Constitutional Amendment, pass it, have it signed, then get the states to ratify it.

Something even the D's say they cannot do.

The failure by most to understand this is the result of no one telling anyone the actual truth. Instead everyone only gives their version of the truth and the masses start to "believe" because, again, they trust their information source.

A source which also tells them to not trust the other guys because that's who's lying to them.

And they "believe."

"Both sides are valid"
I am not trying to pick a fight, not at all. I am trying to make a point that we have common ground… women and their doctors should decide. We agree. I want to focus on what we agree on, instead of focusing on what seems “different”.

That was such an awesome example! Thank you! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Let me get this straight. You believe that both parties are to blame equally. So you have no problem with not allowing women to control their bodies or with demonizing LBGTQIA people or anyone else who is not a white Christian. You have no problem with delegitimizing election results whenever your side has not prevailed. You have no problem bowing down to Vladimir Putin or Kim Jong Un or Xi Jingping or other brutal dictators all over the world. In 1930s Germany you would have been telling everyone that the Nazis aren't all bad - they just get a bad rap from the other side. Or there that are really two sides to slavery.

You make me sick and I say fuck you to you and everyone like you who allow evil to prevail. And yes, it is evil. I have no common ground with you and I never will!

Politics is not a zero sum game. It’s about compromise. You are never going to get everything that you want. It is a legitimate criticism to level on the Democrats for not codifying Roe. But it’s not as simple a thing to accomplish as you believe it to be. I never wanna put myself in the position of faulting more the people who failed in insuring a woman’s bodily autonomy over those actively working to take it away.

Last edited:
This is, once again, more of the kool aid.

Congress cannot create a right where the courts say no right exists. The D's in congress would have to propose a Constitutional Amendment, pass it, have it signed, then get the states to ratify it.

Something even the D's say they cannot do.

The failure by most to understand this is the result of no one telling anyone the actual truth. Instead everyone only gives their version of the truth and the masses start to "believe" because, again, they trust their information source.

A source which also tells them to not trust the other guys because that's who's lying to them.

And they "believe."
Okay… so perhaps my understanding is very wrong. I apologize for my ignorance.. does that mean we can’t go out and have a laugh together later? Are you morally required to hate me for being wrong? I hope not. I don’t hate you, not at all. Your comment will make me look into my belief, and I appreciate it when I find out I am wrong. That means I will be correct next time. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Thank you!

I am not trying to pick a fight, not at all. I am trying to make a point that we have common ground… women and their doctors should decide. We agree. I want to focus on what we agree on, instead of focusing on what seems “different”.

That was such an awesome example! Thank you! 🥰🥰🥰🥰
The differences are, women who make decisions with their doctor and women who aren't able to have an abortion.

Let me get this straight. You believe that both parties are to blame equally. So you have no problem with not allowing women to control their bodies or with demonizing LBGTQIA people or anyone else who is not a white Christian. You have no problem with delegitimizing election results whenever your side has not prevailed. You have no problem bowing down to Vladimir Putin or Kim Jong Un or Xi Jingping or other brutal dictators all over the world. In 1930s Germany you would have been telling everyone that the Nazis aren't all bad - they just get a bad rap from the other side. Or there that are really two sides to slavery.
Okay… I AM FUCKING TRANS!!! My closest friends are gay! You lump a whole bunch of shit at me based on one comment! Then extrapolate all kinds of horseshit that has nothing to do with me, on me.

Thank you, my friend, for showing exactly what I was trying to say we need to avoid. Assuming shit.

My Father in law had his entire family killed by Nazis. He escaped a Nazi concentration camp, and has his leg shot off and left for dead, in a fucking railroad car. If the Russians had not come in And heard him banging on the wall, he would have died. So DO NOT FUCKING CALL ME A GOD DAMN NAZI!!!!

Politics is not a zero sum game. It’s about compromise. You are never going to get everything that you want. It is a legitimate criticism to level on the Democrats for not codifying Roe. But it’s not as simple a thing to accomplish as you believe it to be. I never wanna put myself in the position of faulting more the people who failed in insuring a woman’s bodily autonomy over those actively working to take it away.
Okay, I was wrong. Do you hate me now for being wrong?

Okay… I AM FUCKING TRANS!!! My closest friends are gay! You lump a whole bunch of shit at me based on one comment! Then extrapolate all kinds of horseshit that has nothing to do with me, on me.

Thank you, my friend, for showing exactly what I was trying to say we need to avoid. Assuming shit.

My Father in law had his entire family killed by Nazis. He escaped a Nazi concentration camp, and has his leg shot off and left for dead, in a fucking railroad car. If the Russians had not come in And heard him banging on the wall, he would have died. So DO NOT FUCKING CALL ME A GOD DAMN NAZI!!!!
Yet the people you want to make nice with are led by someone who approvingly quotes Hitler. They also advocate the elimination of LGBTQIA people. But I guess there are two sides to the story!

You can be trans and still be an enemy to LGBTQIA people. Your father in law is Jewish so that gives you a pass? Nice. You can betray so many so easily. Next you will claim that you are black.

Yet the people you want to make nice with are led by someone who approvingly quotes Hitler. They also advocate the elimination of LGBTQIA people. But I guess there are two sides to the story!
What in the hell are you talking about? I am talking about finding commonality… you say I “want to make nice”… I do not have the level of hate in my heart you clearly do. And do not FUCKING JUDGE ME! You know NOTHING about me or my beliefs! And ”they advocate the elimination of my people”?? Pull your head put of your ass! Welcome to the real world! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY in a group agrees with everyone else in the group. It does not matter what group, we don’t all agree on anything. Do not make assumptions about me based on shit you made up or assumed in ypur own head.

Just stopping in to say hi and that I appreciate you @BrendaD 💕
I will stay away from all political discussion but I like you and am hopeful this will lead to fruitful discussion for y'all.
It was probably a huge mistake on my part. Thanks for the support! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

You can be trans and still be an enemy to LGBTQIA people. Your father in law is Jewish so that gives you a pass? Nice. You can betray so many so easily. Next you will claim that you are black.
How delightful… why would that matter? Why does the color of ones skin, or their sexual orientation, or gender, or opinion about the Kennedy assassination make anyone more or less important?

I am not asking for a ”pass”. I am just trying to point out, that assuming anything about another person is easily a wrong assumption.

What in the hell are you talking about? I am talking about finding commonality… you say I “want to make nice”… I do not have the level of hate in my heart you clearly do. And do not FUCKING JUDGE ME! You know NOTHING about me or my beliefs! And ”they advocate the elimination of my people”?? Pull your head put of your ass! Welcome to the real world! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY in a group agrees with everyone else in the group. It does not matter what group, we don’t all agree on anything. Do not make assumptions about me based on shit you made up or assumed in ypur own head.
Yes, I fucking judge you. You clearly have no beliefs because you just want to find commonality with people who would cheerfully execute you for who you are. And I am the one with my head up my ass?

This is my first (likely my onl) post in the politics world…

I no longer belong to a political party, because I think both sincerely believe they “clearly“ have moral high ground. And missed the point - we need to find our commonality instead of hating on the “other people”. I now just want to see people recognize that they agree on far more than they disagree with. And the current trend of believing “if you did this, you are that” is stupid. That is just about the best way to destroy harmony by saying if someone has a stance you do not agree with on “this” (no matter what that is), then you should be destroyed and eliminated from existance.

I want to see people find their commonalities instead of negatively focusing on their differences.

And you know what the worst part is? People reading this, are likely spending more energy trying to figure out which “side” I am on, instead of thinking about my lamely presented message. I think both sides are correct… and both sides are wrong.

And I hope I don’t have some ass-hat saying I am a shill for whichever side they hate… instead of actually considering that someone could be asking a sincere concept….
You're just some stupid shill for the side I hate.

This is my first (likely my onl) post in the politics world…

I no longer belong to a political party, because I think both sincerely believe they “clearly“ have moral high ground. And missed the point - we need to find our commonality instead of hating on the “other people”. I now just want to see people recognize that they agree on far more than they disagree with. And the current trend of believing “if you did this, you are that” is stupid. That is just about the best way to destroy harmony by saying if someone has a stance you do not agree with on “this” (no matter what that is), then you should be destroyed and eliminated from existance.

I want to see people find their commonalities instead of negatively focusing on their differences.

And you know what the worst part is? People reading this, are likely spending more energy trying to figure out which “side” I am on, instead of thinking about my lamely presented message. I think both sides are correct… and both sides are wrong.

And I hope I don’t have some ass-hat saying I am a shill for whichever side they hate… instead of actually considering that someone could be asking a sincere concept….

Perceived political beliefs???

If someone voted / votes for the rapey, racist, corrupt orange traitor, then we are blood enemies.

Full stop,

I give zero fucks if we share one or two "political beliefs" - which we undoubtedly do.

😑

JMTCW

🇺🇸

How delightful… why would that matter? Why does the color of ones skin, or their sexual orientation, or gender, or opinion about the Kennedy assassination make anyone more or less important?

I am not asking for a ”pass”. I am just trying to point out, that assuming anything about another person is easily a wrong assumption.
Listen, lady, you know nothing about me either.

Yes, I fucking judge you. You clearly have no beliefs because you just want to find commonality with people who would cheerfully execute you for who you are. And I am the one with my head up my ass?
I can defend myself just fine, thank you. And I apologize for being insulting. That isn’t my intention, just hopeful you may not jump to conclusions based on very vague information in the future. I wish you only love and light, even if I do not agree with you. I have no desire to make enemies of anyone.

I can defend myself just fine, thank you. And I apologize for being insulting. That isn’t my intention, just hopeful you may not jump to conclusions based on very vague information in the future. I wish you only love and light, even if I do not agree with you. I have no desire to make enemies of anyone.
It's a good thing Winston Churchill did not have your POV. God forbid he make enemies.

So here’s what I want to see in the USA, which informs my political leanings:

I want tax funded or affordable healthcare available to all Americans regardless of their income level.

I want tax funded or affordable educational opportunities available me to all Americans past high school regardless of their income level.

I want women to be able to make medical decisions that affect them.

I want two adult people to be allowed to be married and have all the same benefits of any other married couple.

I want all people to be treated equally by everybody regardless of the color of their skin or their political beliefs or their gender or sexual identity (so long as the sexual identity doesn’t involve underage children or animals).

I want police to be properly trained and vetted so that they do not make as many mistakes while doing their job, especially when those mistakes lead to the death of innocent people.

I want police properly held accountable for those mistakes mentioned above.

I want our tax money used to improve the infrastructure of our entire nation instead of being wasted on our bloated military (there’s no reason we should be spending more than the next nine or ten developed nations).

I want everyone in the country to have affordable housing available to them.

I want everyone in this country to not have to worry where their next meal is coming from.

Tell me about the common ground with the right, please.

It's a good thing Winston Churchill did not have your POV. God forbid he make enemies.
I am sorry you feel that about me, I have more enemies than I care to count. And I am sorry if you count yourself in that group. I am not a pacifist, I am an excellent shot, and always well armed. That isn’t my position at all.

So here’s what I want to see in the USA, which informs my political leanings:

I want tax funded or affordable healthcare available to all Americans regardless of their income level.

I want tax funded or affordable educational opportunities available me to all Americans past high school regardless of their income level.

I want women to be able to make medical decisions that affect them.

I want two adult people to be allowed to be married and have all the same benefits of any other married couple.

I want all people to be treated equally by everybody regardless of the color of their skin or their political beliefs or their gender or sexual identity (so long as the sexual identity doesn’t involve underage children or animals).

I want police to be properly trained and vetted so that they do not make as many mistakes while doing their job, especially when those mistakes lead to the death of innocent people.

I want police properly held accountable for those mistakes mentioned above.

I want our tax money used to improve the infrastructure of our entire nation instead of being wasted on our bloated military (there’s no reason we should be spending more than the next nine or ten developed nations).

I want everyone in the country to have affordable housing available to them.

I want everyone in this country to not have to worry where their next meal is coming from.

Tell me about the common ground with the right, please.
No. It is okay with me if you think they are your enemy. I cannot fix anything, I just posed a question.

Back