How to block someone

This alt paranoia is an interesting thing. o_O;;

"Go away you <insert ethnic group> <insert stereotype> lowlife!" doesn't work here very well. People are creative enough to find a replacement.

"Go away you <insert ethnic group> <insert stereotype> lowlife!" doesn't work here very well. People are creative enough to find a replacement.

That's one way to look at it I guess. I always found it to be obnoxious and an excuse to dismiss someone- oh. Yeah, that seems about right.

If by 'interesting', you mean 'irrelevant and weird'.

Indeed.

That's one way to look at it I guess. I always found it to be obnoxious and an excuse to dismiss someone- oh. Yeah, that seems about right.

Indeed.

It just seems like such a strange thing to 'accuse ' someone of. I've done nothing where having an alt would be beneficial to me. It's hard enough to juggle all the existent aspects of my life without bringing a spare persona into the mix

It just seems like such a strange thing to 'accuse ' someone of. I've done nothing where having an alt would be beneficial to me. It's hard enough to juggle all the existent aspects of my life without bringing a spare persona into the mix

As you are aware, I've been accused of having an alt, an accusation that you so graciously helped put to bed as a falsehood. I am still thankful to you for that one. And I have found out that others have thought that I am the reincarnation of former listers. It's one of those things that I cannot disprove really other than to be myself and hope that others realize that everything I post and say is actually me. The truth is that I just stumbled upon Lit a couple of months back and found it to be interesting and I jumped in. I have enough past posting experience on other sites to make myself feel comfortable right away, which apparently some see as a "red flag" or a sign that they should be wary of someone. I agree with you Kim that it's a struggle to just be myself without having to think about how to be some other person too. I suppose someone trained in theater might do it, by my training was math and science and finance and economics and stuff like that. Being a thespian "ain't in the cards for me".

I just don't see why it matters. Similarly, I don't really care if someone thinks that about me. It's such a meaningless accusation.

I just don't see why it matters. Similarly, I don't really care if someone thinks that about me. It's such a meaningless accusation.

Well I think that many folks have become so cautious about people, that they overlook opportunities that are made for them. They worry about alts, and reincarnations and .... so much that they miss out on things that are right up their ally. I find discussion on dick pics so funny because it's rumored that so many women get random dick pics. Yet when they fess up, they freely admit that they really haven't received many, if any at all. It's the myth that casts a dark shadow on reality and overtakes it. Recently, so many guys missed a golden opportunity for EXACTLY what they want, all due to cynicism. I've learned a lot, including from of some of the am pic people (who we aren't supposed to interact with because the cool kids are watching who posts to their threads), and I have determined that being honest while assuming the same, works pretty well. I've got some great friends on here who I adore, who I wouldn't have if I was cynical or if they were.

I also appreciate the posters who send me great music recommendations! :)
See above!

Back