How Democrats' beefed-up IRS could hurt low-income Americans

Yep, it’s BS. They are going to increase enforcement on all taxpayer groups consistent with historical distribution, which historically targets those earning less than $200K the most.

The WH is also spewing BS about how much will be raised over the next decade. The Congressional Budget Office projects the gain at roughly $120 billion between 2022 and 2031, while the Biden administration pegs it at roughly $400 billion.Lol.

The good news, as reported in today’s WSJ, is much of the money likely to never get spent.
If people aren’t committing tax crimes, why would this bother them??

An audit isn’t being charged with a crime.
Correct. More people who make less than $200K per year get audited each year than those who make more than that. That does not mean they have broken the law. If the $46 billion allocated for enforcement actually gets spent, and the historic pattern were to continue, then more people will get audited. The good news is that the IRS will have difficulty hiring the number of agents it would like to, and GOP is likely to take the House which will likely result in decrease in the amount that will actually get spent.

Correct. More people who make less than $200K per year get audited each year than those who make more than that. That does not mean they have broken the law. If the $46 billion allocated for enforcement actually gets spent, and the historic pattern were to continue, then more people will get audited. The good news is that the IRS will have difficulty hiring the number of agents it would like to, and GOP is likely to take the House which will likely result in decrease in the amount that will actually get spent.
So again, if a person hasn’t committed a tax crime, what are they worried about?

So again, if a person hasn’t committed a tax crime, what are they worried about?
IRS audits are not pleasant. But even if they were, my original point was simply that the IRS would be spending most of its enforcement time and effort on people making under $200K as they have historically done. Good or bad, its a fact.

IRS audits are not pleasant. But even if they were, my original point was simply that the IRS would be spending most of its enforcement time and effort on people making under $200K as they have historically done. Good or bad, its a fact.
And why do you care about that? Why are you bringing it up?

More people who make less than $200K per year get audited each year than those who make more than that.
96.35 % of American tax payers earn less than $200,000pa. so inevitably, that group has more audits than the 3.35%.

However, I am in the 3.35% group and have had 2 audits in the last 12 years. The procedure is fair, provided the entity or person being audited is honest .
If possible my only advice would be, try not to involve lawyers, rightly or wrongly, they promote dissent the resolution of which causes problems in itself. And the fees!! Good accountants are essential.

96.35 % of American tax payers earn less than $200,000pa. so inevitably, that group has more audits than the 3.35%.

However, I am in the 3.35% group and have had 2 audits in the last 12 years. The procedure is fair, provided the entity or person being audited is honest .
If possible my only advice would be, try not to involve lawyers, rightly or wrongly, they promote dissent the resolution of which causes problems in itself. And the fees!! Good accountants are essential.
Exactly, although one person on this board is little slow catching on. Lol.

Exactly, although one person on this board is little slow catching on. Lol.
You continue to try to insinuate that they are targeting med and poor people.

No new tax law is aimed at anyone below 400k

Joe Biden and the Democrats are fucking liars. They say those new 87,000 IRS agents are going to go after the billionaires. There are at present 664 billionaires in the US. so are they going to assign 130 IRS agents to each of those billionaires? Think again and get ready to be oppressed.
I won't even bother asking you for a cite; you'll just provide a link to a story that says something else entirely. What I will do is point out that even by your own reckoning, "They say those new 87,000 IRS agents are going to go after the billionaires." I don't see the word "only" anywhere in there, Klanguide.

If people aren’t committing tax crimes, why would this bother them??
because the agency has been understaffed since DUBYA! and it’s not like they’re all gonna go to work at once. I swear to God, your proctologist call, your brain scan was negative…..

because the agency has been understaffed since DUBYA! and it’s not like they’re all gonna go to work at once. I swear to God, your proctologist call, your brain scan was negative…..
That doesn’t explain why people who haven’t committed crimes would be worried.

stupidity is the only thing I can think of. it’s not like you’re going to be railroaded into some tax evasion nonsense.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not holding this administration up. As an example of quality government, it is slightly better than an ongoing criminal enterprise. So here we are, early 21st-century, vacillating between corporatocratic oligarchy and despotism.

I’ve never been so grateful for the Adobe. I have in Catalonia and a mud hut in southern Chile. I miss first world countries!

Yea...... why would anyone not trust the government???

IED3VBQC45BAJLWWIUTF6CHPDI.jpg

They NEVER fuck up or abuse innocent or poor people......

It's amazing how much you pro-government boot lickers trust an obviously corrupt and abusive government.

Yea...... why would anyone not trust the government???

IED3VBQC45BAJLWWIUTF6CHPDI.jpg

They NEVER fuck up or abuse innocent or poor people......

It's amazing how much you pro-government boot lickers trust an obviously corrupt and abusive government.
That doesn’t look like an IRS agent.

That doesn’t look like an IRS agent.

So??

What makes IRS agents paragons of altruism and fairness here on Earth and not human beings subject to corruption like the rest of us??

What makes the IRS the perfect organization above abuse and corruption unlike every other authority that's ever existed??

You've been here long enough to know BoBo is convinced the IRS routinely holds people up at gunpoint in their own homes.

Why else would they need to militarize the IRS???

What do a bunch of accountants need MP5's, night vision and armored vehicles for?

These guys are gearing up like CAG or DEVGRU for what? To send out letters to people?? Crunch numbers???

"We're here to collect the $58.22 you owe uncle sam mother fucker!!!"
original-1-1-scaled.jpg

So??

What makes IRS agents paragons of altruism and fairness here on Earth and not human beings subject to corruption like the rest of us??

What makes the IRS the perfect organization above abuse and corruption unlike every other authority that's ever existed??

Why else would they need to militarize the IRS???

What do a bunch of accountants need MP5's, night vision and armored vehicles for?

These guys are gearing up like CAG or DEVGRU for what? To send out letters to people?? Crunch numbers???

"We're here to collect the $58.22 you owe uncle sam mother fucker!!!"
original-1-1-scaled.jpg
Got it, you’re worried because you’re corrupt. Say no more.

No. Clearly you don't got it.

Try actually answering the questions.......

Or don't and just believe everyone at the IRS is beyond corruption or abusing their power ...... like a good little boot licker. :ROFLMAO:

No. Clearly you don't got it.

Try actually answering the questions.......

Or don't and just believe everyone at the IRS is beyond corruption or abusing their power ...... like a good little boot licker. :ROFLMAO:

Back