Hello from London!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't seen that before. Good for iceland ( i remember when they were Beejam), certainly beats Kerry Catona grabbing all the prawn balls [ shrimp {US}] and soggy vol-au-vents .
Btw temprakneetremble red bull spritze removed Sharpie, 2 layers of skin, a large beetroot stain on my deep pile shag and is about to be pitched in the Dragons Den as a humane pest repellent cum oven cleaner, I want 30K for 5% of the company and to see Deborah Meedhams thrupennies

The inclusion of the last sentence is making me laugh out loud but I’m
Not sure our American friends are going to have a clue what this is about. ( Americans - “ thrupennies” = Cockney rhyming slang “ thruppenny bits” = yes you’ve guessed it tits)

Sane I hope

Welcome, Lite. We are a friendly lot. Not all from the UK, much less London. I'm impressed that you got caught up on all of our absurdity, instead of turning tail and heading for the hills after reading about newspaper preferences, posh boy fights, and Iceland frozen vol au vonts.

*I just looked up Icelandic vol au vonts to check the spelling (vonts vs vont) and realized, for the first time, that "Iceland" is referring to a store and not the country. I wondered why Ruth (I think it was Ruth) was getting frozen vol au vonts made in Iceland. I just thought he had missed that he had typed Iceland, when he meant Icelandic. I am laughing so fucking hard right now that I am literally shaking and no noise is coming out. No Iceland stores in the US. Oh my word. This is proof of how fond I am of you pervs. I could have just kept this embarrassing revelation to myself, but, instead, am sharing it so that you all can laugh too. Or at least shake your heads in pity.*
:)Thank you for a sane welcome Angelica. Nothing that crazy so far that has scared me off. Intrigued by the banter and more, yes indeed. I’m not 100% London these days, more for visits from the shires for some pleasures and enlightenment. Seems there’s plenty here too.
I look forwards to continuing crazies. I eland frozen croissants are great with coffee.:D

Welcome, Lite. We are a friendly lot. Not all from the UK, much less London. I'm impressed that you got caught up on all of our absurdity, instead of turning tail and heading for the hills after reading about newspaper preferences, posh boy fights, and Iceland frozen vol au vonts.

*I just looked up Icelandic vol au vonts to check the spelling (vonts vs vont) and realized, for the first time, that "Iceland" is referring to a store and not the country. I wondered why Ruth (I think it was Ruth) was getting frozen vol au vonts made in Iceland. I just thought he had missed that he had typed Iceland, when he meant Icelandic. I am laughing so fucking hard right now that I am literally shaking and no noise is coming out. No Iceland stores in the US. Oh my word. This is proof of how fond I am of you pervs. I could have just kept this embarrassing revelation to myself, but, instead, am sharing it so that you all can laugh too. Or at least shake your heads in pity.*

I raise a glass of my temprakneetremble / red bull spritze in anticipation of a dawn raid on your home counties cellar - Angelica (US, honorary Brit, extra special lady) has a wine fridge for any vintag that travels well. I have applied for an offie franchise in Greggs as a result of my 50% of Deborah Meedham management buy out. Doris and Moggie have pulled out of the deal.:)
Cheers Polranny, sounds like a pretty fine mix, I must try it out once .ive finished the Aldi’s cheap special offer fancy named Pop.
Hic!

<sniffs Lite...seems OK....smells pork pie, follows scent to its apparent source... approaches SL....Mmm smells good but may have rolled up newspaper>

<wanders off...pees on gate post>

LOL! Time for a game of almost real world Cluedo.
I am Polranny Poirot. Someone has slipped Angelica Snake Oil and she has acid reflux, not from any of my manoeuvres though i get brownie points for persistence.
Suspects are as follows

Mr D with a Sharpie in the study
Nick in the conservatory with a manky tennis ball
Ruthie in the kitchen with an Iceland vol-au-vent
SL in the dining room with a Lincolnshire pork pie
Lite in the library with a bottle of Aldi Pop
Allia in the garden with a Roland dropping from Dirty Dicks

Everyone has a motive. I have an alibi: I was on a bus with new age protesters, a silk from the Old Bailey and an overweight courier studying for his NVQ in motor vehicle maintenance

No one leaves this room until we have passed the 5000th post!
It would be better for everyone if I have a confession otherwise
it will be ......The Spanish Inquisition with communists at the gate ; Rolf with a Jim'll Fix It badge;Valerie Singleton with a Blue Peter Badge; or Liz and Phil with a I❤Sandringham car sticker.

No AP I’m here for a day or two. Thanks for the photo tips and somewhat menacing defence of my honour to Column. 😂

Sorry... :eek:. Hope I haven’t scared him off... in my defence, I think Pol got similar for Angelica...

It's a cheap-o-shop, so the joke is the juxtaposition of expensive v-o-v's frozen cheaply...

But I'm smiling at you laughing uncontrollably.

I'll get my coat

Haha! That’s why mum’s go to Iceland...:cattail:

They did go up in my estimation with their Christmas ad (which was banned for being too political...)

https://youtu.be/JdpspllWI2o

Unfortunately, from an environmental aspect their business model is almost the worst.
Their reason d'être is EVERYTHING is frozen, so massive amounts of energy is required to ship store and sell their vol-en-vonts.

But that doesn't mean banning palm oil is a bad idea. Just ho hum in the grand scheme of things

LOL! Time for a game of almost real world Cluedo.
I am Polranny Poirot. Someone has slipped Angelica Snake Oil and she has acid reflux, not from any of my manoeuvres though i get brownie points for persistence.
Suspects are as follows

Mr D with a Sharpie in the study
Nick in the conservatory with a manky tennis ball
Ruthie in the kitchen with an Iceland vol-au-vent
SL in the dining room with a Lincolnshire pork pie
Lite in the library with a bottle of Aldi Pop
Allia in the garden with a Roland dropping from Dirty Dicks

Everyone has a motive. I have an alibi: I was on a bus with new age protesters, a silk from the Old Bailey and an overweight courier studying for his NVQ in motor vehicle maintenance

No one leaves this room until we have passed the 5000th post!
It would be better for everyone if I have a confession otherwise
it will be ......The Spanish Inquisition with communists at the gate ; Rolf with a Jim'll Fix It badge;Valerie Singleton with a Blue Peter Badge; or Liz and Phil with a I❤Sandringham car sticker.

In the end...
Bets people...

Who
Is
Going
To be
The
One
To post
5'ooo

It's a cheap-o-shop, so the joke is the juxtaposition of expensive v-o-v's frozen cheaply...

But I'm smiling at you laughing uncontrollably.

I'll get my coat

Im reeling from the revelation that Ruthie frequented Iceland for anything - I mean this is a man who “ keeps” a butcher . I’m definitely willing to concede that frozen croissant sounds perfectly acceptable ( as long as we pronounce them the American way - heavy on the R and no hint of French accent). Americans - I’m taking the piss... feel free to tan my hide. ( please ;))

Oh and Poly.

The girls are going to roast your nuts if you "get the commies in":D

But I'm going to have Rolf with a Jim'll badge as this threads nadir!

Well done that dragon. (The 'london' Welsh rule)

Im reeling from the revelation that Ruthie frequented Iceland for anything - I mean this is a man who “ keeps” a butcher . I’m definitely willing to concede that frozen croissant sounds perfectly acceptable ( as long as we pronounce them the American way - heavy on the R and no hint of French accent). Americans - I’m taking the piss... feel free to tan my hide. ( please ;))

I fucking wear tweed me!

Soundtracks

Morning all - Lincs is looking flat and green - I’m looking for some music recommendations. What is your soundtrack for today and i’ll Take a listen. One track only please.....

If anyone cares mine is “ I was wrong” by Chris Stapleton 😍

Don’t leave me hangin’

Morning all - Lincs is looking flat and green - I’m looking for some music recommendations. What is your soundtrack for today and i’ll Take a listen. One track only please.....

If anyone cares mine is “ I was wrong” by Chris Stapleton 😍

Don’t leave me hangin’

Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Babe I’m on fire....

Mood I’m in...

Probably not me...

My money’s on Poly...

What are the ante-post odds? We really need a list of all the runners and riders. Mr D is the dark horse, Nick is stalking but he's easily distracted Ruth blinkered , possibly beaten favourite, unseated at Cheltenham . SL and Lit late entries, Allia and Angelica both well fancied in the ring . Any others must declare under Jockey Club rules or they will be in the selling stakes hurdles at Tattersals.:D

I'm hoping it's a lurker. Somehow feels right.

Ha! I might drop the OP a note and see if he can get his access back in time... last I checked he was still locked out and struggling to get a password reset...

Then he can officially kick us out on post 5000...

Excuse me all of London Thread. Good Evening, I've just got caught up in this fascinating thread. I apologise for interrupting if this is a closed group. I couldn't find any group rules. May I politely enquire if open comment is welcome- from a UK resident and London off and on through the ups and downs of life. Otherwise, I'll quietly slip away.

I wish you all continuing banter, fun and mutual pleasures. Lite. :D

Rules are like truth. And "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"

(ignore me, I've drinking in the morning again...
Well it is kids holidays, it's the best coping mechanism I've found when I can't send them to school)

You are most definitely not interrupting.
If you ever find the rules please post them for us all.
I don't think this is a closed thread, but you never know.

And if you live/lived in London you have a greater claim to be here than I. I'm an Eskimo. (Did I say I've been drinking)

All that to say. Hello.

Ha! I might drop the OP a note and see if he can get his access back in time... last I checked he was still locked out and struggling to get a password reset...

Then he can officially kick us out on post 5000...

He should make an alt. I was a woman for a bit. Really good fun, but fuck me some guys are arseholes.

What are the ante-post odds? We really need a list of all the runners and riders. Mr D is the dark horse, Nick is stalking but he's easily distracted Ruth blinkered , possibly beaten favourite, unseated at Cheltenham . SL and Lit late entries, Allia and Angelica both well fancied in the ring . Any others must declare under Jockey Club rules or they will be in the selling stakes hurdles at Tattersals.:D

Really, "fancied in the ring" really (proper sniggering into my sleeve)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back