Hello from London!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all - Lincs is looking flat and green - I’m looking for some music recommendations. What is your soundtrack for today and i’ll Take a listen. One track only please.....

If anyone cares mine is “ I was wrong” by Chris Stapleton 😍

Don’t leave me hangin’

Toto's Africa. Played on a piano. Saw it this morning. Can't get you outta my mind now (Freudian, see what I did there)

(That sounded much more stalker-y than anticipated)

Morning, folks. :D

Toto's Africa. Played on a piano. Saw it this morning. Can't get you outta my mind now (Freudian, see what I did there)

Shit Ruth - have I got to find a version on piano or can you let me off with the original. It of course has one of the most awkward lyrics ever:

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

They don’t write em like that anymore.

I’m formulating a Hello From London playlist before we’re evicted

Angelica has a fairly long list already. She should be awake about 14h00, whatever happens Galway Girl or anything Amy Winehouse

Morning all - Lincs is looking flat and green - I’m looking for some music recommendations. What is your soundtrack for today and i’ll Take a listen. One track only please.....

Don’t leave me hangin’

I totally missed this!
I rediscovered the original season of Teachers at silly o’clock this morning and have had The Boy With The Arab Strap ~ Belle and Sebastian running through my mind since. :D

Angelica has a fairly long list already. She should be awake about 14h00, whatever happens Galway Girl or anything Amy Winehouse

Nina Simone.

Sinnerman

(Also, watch Thomas Crown affair, remake and original)

Actually Anything by Nina

He should make an alt. I was a woman for a bit. Really good fun, but fuck me some guys are arseholes.

I could have told you that... luckily there are enough lovely souls out there to balance or frankly most of us women wouldn’t stick around...

What was ya lady name?

Rules are like truth. And "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"

(ignore me, I've drinking in the morning again...
Well it is kids holidays, it's the best coping mechanism I've found when I can't send them to school)

You are most definitely not interrupting.
If you ever find the rules please post them for us all.
I don't think this is a closed thread, but you never know.

And if you live/lived in London you have a greater claim to be here than I. I'm an Eskimo. (Did I say I've been drinking)

All that to say. Hello.

Hi, Struth. Thanks for the toast. Keep drinking if it keeps you standing! :rolleyes: Othewise, ly down and have a snooze. Thanks for the welcome- Rules are to be broken I believe.
Cheers.

Don’t leave me hangin’
Got to have Hallelujah! Cliche I know. :rolleyes:

Can I assume you mean Leonard Cohen and not Alexandra Burke? ;)

I had 'The Man' in mind- Im not familiar with Alexandra Burke - but I must track down on Spotify.

I once got the sheet music and tried to growl on the piano- But I have not released 'yet' !!!!!!:rolleyes:
Enjoy a Sunny Spirited Day. :D:rose:

Can I assume you mean Leonard Cohen and not Alexandra Burke? ;)

I hadn't heard the Alexandra version- I quite like it-the alternative voice gives a different feel.
Now here's something completely different too. ;)

Don Giovanni, K. 527, Act I Scene 3: Non ti fidar (Don Giovanni, Don Ottavio, Donna Anna, Donna Elvira)
By Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Carol Vaness, Cheryl Studer, Frank Lopardo, Riccardo Muti, Wiener Philharmoniker, William Shimell
:rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back