Gun violence, American style - 1 in 5

THIS IS THE PROBLEM. The legal system failed horribly here, as well as the mental health system.
And you're, as I have pointed out, part of the problem.
Your second point is already in place for felons and others restricted by court orders. The mental health issue is a sticky one as I believe it will be used illegally by corrupt lawyers, LEO's and judges to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens. I agree something must be done, but it must be completely objective and not subjective to the whims of those involved.
I already said I don't care about bump stocks but since the courts said they're legal that ends it for me because HEY, it's the law. None of those additional items you mention affect you canadians one bit so why do you care what happens in the US?
Just a couple of your past posts showing you have no consistency in your views, and are just giving "lip service" to appear to give a fuck!

And you're, as I have pointed out, part of the problem.

Just a couple of your past posts showing you have no consistency in your views, and are just giving "lip service" to appear to give a fuck!
Yawn...So you chose to completely ignore that a democratic city, with a democratic DA, releases a mentally ill man onto the streets after dismissing a violent charge with a gun, because 2 docs said he was too mentally incompetent to stand trial, but not mentally ill enough to be held for observation. That same man then steals a truck and then at a later date decides to shoot at cars killing an innocent woman walking in a park.

You are nothing more than a fucking parrot with no ability to think on your own. You just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. This case I posted is clearly a failure of both the criminal justice system and the mental health care system. But you chose to waste time attacking me again because this case is so obvious even you can't deny the failures so you have to divert.

You just keep repeating the same drivel over and over.
Yes I keep reminding you of your responsibility to be a responsible citizen. Maybe one day you'll understand you're part of the gun culture problem. I doubt it, but there is always hope!!

Yes I keep reminding you of your responsibility to be a responsible citizen. Maybe one day you'll understand you're part of the gun culture problem. I doubt it, but there is always hope!!
Boring, meaningless, drivel...It's all you have.

Yawn...So you chose to completely ignore that a democratic city, with a democratic DA, releases a mentally ill man onto the streets after dismissing a violent charge with a gun, because 2 docs said he was too mentally incompetent to stand trial, but not mentally ill enough to be held for observation. That same man then steals a truck and then at a later date decides to shoot at cars killing an innocent woman walking in a park.

You are nothing more than a fucking parrot with no ability to think on your own. You just keep repeating the same drivel over and over. This case I posted is clearly a failure of both the criminal justice system and the mental health care system. But you chose to waste time attacking me again because this case is so obvious even you can't deny the failures so you have to divert.
I've never seen a post here by a gun-rights redneck saying that America needs a system of mental assessments before people are allowed to be armed.

Last edited:
I've never seen a post here by a gun-rights redneck saying that America needs a system of mental assessments before people are allowed to be armed.
And you won't. That would take away one of their major excuses for the gun violence.

It's only boring to you, because you fail to see you're a problem. *chuckles*
You failed to even notice or comment on what I said has been an issue regarding violence and gun violence specifically. Instead you chose to attack me, yet again. I understand why though, what I posted called on your ability to think, reason, and then logically form an opinion. Which it is obvious you are incapable of.

The problem is your closed minded BULL SHIT.

I've never seen a lib post that we need voter ID cards in order to vote. Why? Because it defeats your agenda.

Lots of dancing and singing and ignoring an obvious example of what i have said here for months. The justice system is broken and so is the mental health system.

In this particular instance there would have been no opportunity for this individual to commit a gun related murder if he had been confined and treated for being mentally ill. Nope a dem DA in a dem city, in a dem county, let him walk to commit murder.

You failed to even notice or comment on what I said has been an issue regarding violence and gun violence specifically.
Yes I noticed,and I said you were only giving lip service, and to back that up I brought up two other posts you made, proving my point...*chuckles*
Instead you chose to attack me, yet again.
Pointing out your inaction and complicity with gun violence is not attacking you, fucking grow a pair.
The problem is your closed minded BULL SHIT.
LOL Look in your mirror then say that!

Yes I noticed,and I said you were only giving lip service, and to back that up I brought up two other posts you made, proving my point...*chuckles*

Pointing out your inaction and complicity with gun violence is not attacking you, fucking grow a pair.

LOL Look in your mirror then say that!
Yawn...You proved you don't care at all about gun violence by completely ignoring the content of my post. Your posts here are irrelevant because you only care about scoring points in some game you play.

Lots of dancing and singing and ignoring an obvious example of what i have said here for months. The justice system is broken and so is the mental health system.

In this particular instance there would have been no opportunity for this individual to commit a gun related murder if he had been confined and treated for being mentally ill. Nope a dem DA in a dem city, in a dem county, let him walk to commit murder.
They operated according to state law, which was enacted by Republicans. Vote out the Republican lawmakers, and maybe fresh legislation will improve mental health and justice.

Yawn...You proved you don't care at all about gun violence by completely ignoring the content of my post. Your posts here are irrelevant because you only care about scoring points in some game you play.
Where I live there is no gun violence to worry about. You seem to forget that little point.

Instead you take offence when I point out what you fail to do. Yes you state that guy should have had his guns taken away because of mental health, but then in the next breath claim you can't trust the experts in judging mental health because there might be bias...

These are your words Hitch, no one put them into your post, but you!

My issue is I simply don't trust mental health professionals with an anti-gun bias, or government officials with the same bias, to operate the systems as intended. I see it like the no-fly list where you are banned with almost no recourse to change that. I see people being put on the list, whether justified or not, and being permanently black listed from firearms ownership.

They operated according to state law, which was enacted by Republicans. Vote out the Republican lawmakers, and maybe fresh legislation will improve mental health and justice.
Democrat DA in a democrat city, in a democrat county.

Where I live there is no gun violence to worry about. You seem to forget that little point.

Instead you take offence when I point out what you fail to do. Yes you state that guy should have had his guns taken away because of mental health, but then in the next breath claim you can't trust the experts in judging mental health because there might be bias...

These are your words Hitch, no one put them into your post, but you!
So were you lying when you said the gangs shoot at each other up there in the bleak white north?

I was very clear when I said Red, Flag laws could be used by vindictive ex's, angry family members, pissed off bosses or co-workers, or corrupt LEOs, to severely mess up someone's life. The case I posted had none of that and was clearly a mentally ill person that needed help. But instead was allowed to go and then killed someone.

So were you lying when you said the gangs shoot at each other up there in the bleak white north?

I was very clear when I said Red, Flag laws could be used by vindictive ex's, angry family members, pissed off bosses or co-workers, or corrupt LEOs, to severely mess up someone's life. The case I posted had none of that and was clearly a mentally ill person that needed help. But instead was allowed to go and then killed someone.
Ah.
So your argument against Red Flag laws is that your relatives could get you committed into a mental hospital in order to take your guns from you.

You may have a point.

Last edited:
LOL I never said there wasn't gun violence, I said "Where I live there is no gun violence to worry about". Now I get your reading comprehension is only at the grade 4 or 5 level, so I'll break that sentence down. "Where I live" means the general area of residence, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, it could also refer to my Country of residence; "no gun violence to worry about" means there maybe some,but it is so rare you would have better odds of winning a lottery.
Yes you've said that before, and it is bullshit. Either you support Red Flag laws or you don't. Errors in law and law enforcement happen all the time, hundreds of times a day. I don't see you complaining about that.

Ah.
So your argument against Red Flag laws is that your relatives could get you committed into a mental hospital in order to take your guns from you.

You may have a point.
Yawn...More idiotic blather from someone who refuses to discuss the incident I posted.

Hey, I'm only trying to understand where your point is leading to.
It leads into a circle, he supports Red flag laws, except that he is concerned those laws could be used to illegal take away firearms from law abiding citizens. So that leaves him with the easy answer of saying after the fact, he should have had his guns removed....

Back