Everything Baseball

A&M blasted Texas early in game 1, and Texas nearly came back in the late innings.
A&M blasted Texas early in game 2, but Texas came back in the 6th to take the lead, only to have A&M tie it in the 7th. Texas won in 9.
Hopefully tonight is just as good of a game.

Regarding that 1 vs 16 seed thing: They keep making a big deal out of that on the broadcast, but there's a disconnect for casual fans who might see this as the same as a 1 vs 16 in the Basketball tournament. Texas is the #1 overall seed and A&M is the #16 overall seed, so the separation isn't as much as it sounds like. Honestly, if I'm Texas, I'd be pissed that A&M was given the #16 national seed and not something higher.
(Note: This isn't aimed directly at you, it's just something that has irked me a bit on the broadcasts...and Amanda Scarborough should know better. :))
A&M hosted a regional as well,so they aren't a bad team at all.Still finished 44-14.

But Oklahoma is still the team to beat lol.

A&M blasted Texas early in game 1, and Texas nearly came back in the late innings.
A&M blasted Texas early in game 2, but Texas came back in the 6th to take the lead, only to have A&M tie it in the 7th. Texas won in 9.
Hopefully tonight is just as good of a game.

Regarding that 1 vs 16 seed thing: They keep making a big deal out of that on the broadcast, but there's a disconnect for casual fans who might see this as the same as a 1 vs 16 in the Basketball tournament. Texas is the #1 overall seed and A&M is the #16 overall seed, so the separation isn't as much as it sounds like. Honestly, if I'm Texas, I'd be pissed that A&M was given the #16 national seed and not something higher.
(Note: This isn't aimed directly at you, it's just something that has irked me a bit on the broadcasts...and Amanda Scarborough should know better. :))
Thank you my for the insightful explanation as to how their seedings are. I've enjoyed watching these softball games the last few years. Watching the girl's enthusiasm and competiveness is exciting to say the least.

Last edited:
Basically the top 16 teams in the country host a regional,and A&M was 16th and last team to do so.If you win that you move to super regional.

It's not much of an upset if the 16th ranked team in the country can take 2/3 from the #1 ranked team.

Same thing tomorrow in the men's baseball bracket.

MLB who have 40 wins this week??

April and May have had some great games! Fantastic pitching makes the difference.

Speaking of umpires,this is still the absolute WORST umpired game I've ever watched hands down.The famous Eric Gregg game 1997 NLCS game 5.Angel may have had his moments but can't touch Gregg. 🤣

Yes it is way long overdue. And yes im sure someone will get their feelings hurt because they are bumped down the list. But it’s so important to include the stats. The recognition is important.

I object. I'd also object to incorporating Japanese stats and minor league stats.
So where did the article say anything about including minor leagues and Japanese league stats? Or did say there are six leagues that are included in current stats, so why not include the Negro Leages?

ATL loses 11-5 tonight to Pittsburgh,here's all I know......

Bryce Elder can't pitch
Darius Vines can't pitch
Ray Kerr can't pitch
AJ Smith Shawver can't pitch (injured)

Can anyone take this 5th spot please?
We will see if the 5th starter lottery can be decided by the AA pitcher tonight 🙏🏼🙏🏼

I simply stated that I would object to incorporating their stats.
"Gibson's .974 slugging percentage in 1937 becomes the season record, and Barry Bonds' .863 in 2001 dropped to fifth..."

I looked up the stats. Gibson's record is based on his playing in 25 games in 1937. Bonds played in 153 games in 2001.

"Gibson's .974 slugging percentage in 1937 becomes the season record, and Barry Bonds' .863 in 2001 dropped to fifth..."

I looked up the stats. Gibson's record is based on his playing in 25 games in 1937. Bonds played in 153 games in 2001.
I do agree that the new stars being added will not reflect the same games played. That is an excellent point. Keep in mind that Bonds also might have had a chemical advantage that year. Plus for those older stats before Jackie Robinson, players didn’t necessarily play against the best opposition. Such as babe Ruth and Ty Cobb and Ted Williams.

Stats based on 25 games are like stats for someone having a very hot April and then going on the IL for the rest of the season...and counting that April as a whole season. I wonder what Bonds's best 25-game stretch for slugging was in 2001. Some stat nerd probably can figure that out.

Stats based on 25 games are like stats for someone having a very hot April and then going on the IL for the rest of the season...and counting that April as a whole season. I wonder what Bonds's best 25-game stretch for slugging was in 2001. Some stat nerd probably can figure that out.

Bonds had a slugging of 1.036 in May and 1.000 in September

Back