Everything Baseball

The Cardinals should have let Matz try to get out of that jam. I get that he's fragile, but a split here could have been empowering

The Cardinals should have let Matz try to get out of that jam. I get that he's fragile, but a split here could have been empowering
He was apparently on an 80 pitch limit. Still, not bringing Helsley in instead of King is just another brutal Marmol bullpen call.

He was apparently on an 80 pitch limit. Still, not bringing Helsley in instead of King is just another brutal Marmol bullpen call.
I get that he's limited, likely because he's injury prone. But another hitter or two probably wouldn't have changed this outcome.

And why not Fernandez to pitch? Helsley might have been okay, but he's not there yet either

Well my Guardians are out of the gate at 3-1 after their first series.

Still early though, and the injury bug usually takes a giant chunk outta our ass come summertime. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

April 1, 1914

Rube Waddell, a southpaw who once struck out a record 349 batters in one season, dies of tuberculosis at 37. The eccentric Hall of Famer compiled a 193-143 (.574) record and a 2.16 ERA during his 13 seasons with the Colonels, A's, Pirates, and Browns.

1033fv.jpg

I get home and the ATL is up 9-0 8th inning. 💯

But the game is in a delay not for weather but because the first base coach for the White Sox cannot be found.... no kidding :cautious:

Oh there he comes out of the dugout as I type.... take your time dude.

Cubs win their home opener which is nice to see, as long as it isn't against the Brew Crew. 🤣

Well my Guardians are out of the gate at 3-1 after their first series.

Still early though, and the injury bug usually takes a giant chunk outta our ass come summertime. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ok well it was Oakland the worst team in the league most likely but you do what youre supposed to do beat bad teams.

Starting pitching is pretty good,not sure about that lineup yet outside of Ramirez.

April 1, 1914

Rube Waddell, a southpaw who once struck out a record 349 batters in one season, dies of tuberculosis at 37. The eccentric Hall of Famer compiled a 193-143 (.574) record and a 2.16 ERA during his 13 seasons with the Colonels, A's, Pirates, and Browns.

1033fv.jpg
Guy must've thrown 300 innings or more to get that many K's. But most impressive. 💯

Last edited:
First of all, yes I can :p

Second of all, my three teams in order are
Tigers
Brewers
Cubs

So as long as the Cubs don't play the others I root for them.....yes I'm a sucker for (almost) hopeless causes... 🤣
Ah I gotcha,I sorta like the Rays in the AL as well. ;)

Too bad about the Royals getting walked off. Some great chances, but they couldn't capitalize

Back