Endless Ends

I feel this.
Older atmospheric creature feature movies really worked for me.
But I don't know if the fact they were aged at my time of watching made them feel atmospheric i.e. American Werewolf, Razorback 🤔

Now most of the creature features seem to be fast paced shocks.
That said I did enjoy more recent ones like The Shallows and Crawl.
But know gore is not your thing, Enny, so can see how this would fall short for you.
I'll have to admit I've not even heard of these.

Gore is absolutely not my thing. Nor the fast paced shocks or jump scares. I can do comedy horror in that vein, but otherwise, I want atmosphere. Preferably with a somewhat gothic flavor.

* * *

Hmmm. 🤔

Odd thought, but I wonder if that's vaguely related to my mild noncon stuff? I don't think sexual when I see those movies, but they are in a way . . . .
 
Odd thought, but I wonder if that's vaguely related to my mild noncon stuff? I don't think sexual when I see those movies, but they are in a way . . . .
Older horror films are definitely more sexual imo... the build up, the tension.
Not all, admittedly.

I am probably basing my answer off Hammer Horror films (especially the vampire ones) even at a young age I could definitely sense the sexual vibes from them.
 
I am probably basing my answer off Hammer Horror films (especially the vampire ones) even at a young age I could definitely sense the sexual vibes from them.
Yep. Weren't a lot of those made in the 60s? 🤔

I like the classic black-and-white, too. Those were definitely operating under the Hays Code, but this still oozed sexuality in their own particular way.
 
I need an 🙄 emoji in the likes option.


I've never heard of this one. A quick Wiki glance and it does not come across as alluring.

It may be due to Alyssa Milano?

An actress I like, but who does not radiate sex appeal to me. Odd, how that can be sometimes. 🤔
What’s funny is that I can’t see @Lord Pmann s post (for some weird reason), but as soon as you said Alyssa Milano, I knew it was Embrace of the Vampire. 🤣
 
It may be due to Alyssa Milano?

An actress I like, but who does not radiate sex appeal to me. Odd, how that can be sometimes. 🤔

This is the most interesting and opposing take I’ve heard of this actress. Many years back, Alyssa Milano was responsible for several socks of mine being able to stand up on their own. But I cannot say I’ve enjoyed any of her movies for art reasons. Maybe Fear, but she was a supporting actress.

But in the 90s, she used to take her clothes off a lot, which Pteen really enjoyed.


What’s funny is that I can’t see @Lord Pmann s post (for some weird reason), but as soon as you said Alyssa Milano, I knew it was Embrace of the Vampire. 🤣

This guy gets it.
 
This is the most interesting and opposing take I’ve heard of this actress. Many years back, Alyssa Milano was responsible for several socks of mine being able to stand up on their own. But I cannot say I’ve enjoyed any of her movies for art reasons. Maybe Fear, but she was a supporting actress.

But in the 90s, she used to take her clothes off a lot, which Pteen really enjoyed.




This guy gets it.
Pteen 😂😂😂
 
Maybe this could be that book you never said you wanted to write.

An entire series on American Horror Creatures. Make those stories and then there will be!!!
Revisiting this post - back when I was writing a lot and still in touch with science travel, I considered doing a fictional series based on Creature Features.

A revival of some older stuff. Where I could do short research gigs, like the Amazon and the north pole for local color. Think Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Yeti.

Not once did I consider Mothman, Chupacabra, or even Bigfoot.

There is nothing gothic or erotic about any of those creatures.

Regardless of what your Bigfoot erotica tells you. :p
 
Complaints and Confusions

1) What is with the emojis?

There are all these sort of half emojis combined with other halves of different emojis. When did this happen? Why? I do not approve of changes not approved, by me, in advance. 😠

2) My phone.

Why is it no longer allowing me to FaceTime? Every time I try, it takes me to Teams. I haven't used Teams in . . . well, I can't remember the exact date, but it's been a long time.

I am deeply confused.

Is seven years the equivalent of senility for an iPhone? 🤔
 
Back
Top