Dating site suck... what features would you want?

trinisity

Virgin
I am a software engineer so I can actually make this happen. But dating site suck and they waste all the time. Women are inundated and overwhelmed with messages... men get so few messages its stupid to even hope.

I like the concept of Ashley Madison that brings slutty taken people together. I love that aff brings slutty people together. I think bumble is on to something where women write first.

I see women say they are old fashioned and want to be approached first. But the way of the old fashioned world often was a woman would drop a handkerchief and that would signal a man to pursue.

I was thinking that they way it should work is women should do all the swiping then they can be approached by men they are interested in.

Also clarity in schedules is important too if you work the night shift its hard to date someone on the day shift.

What features would you want in a dating site for slutty people?

Has to be friendly to couples as well as singles.

There should be a way to confirm profiles, something like lifestyle lounge has where a confirmed member can vouch for a non-confirmed member.

3 or 4 levels of picture/video access

A great search algorithm 20+ data points so search's actually return what you want.

Mobile device friendly.

Reasonable cost.

Definitely female friendly.

Some way to make sure that pics are current.

I'd want really strong privacy protections, encrypted messages, and all that :cathappy: because if you get a database, someone out there is gonna try querying that database for stuff they shouldn't know, and if you don't take the necessary steps to protect against that, it's gonna be a fundamentally unsafe platform

Women can start a conversation with a man at no cost. The man can respond to the message once at no cost. AS is something like that but is full of scam women profiles that don’t use the free message. Not sure how you could make money with it. PoF and ok Cupid used to be free and communications were also simple and free. Match went public and bought those sites so not free any more.
AS was great years ago. PoF and Cupid difficult if you were looking for something on the side. When single those sites were like a social club for me. Small town outside burbs of a big city I was accepted as part of a group of women that liked to go out to dance and mingle. It was a pretty cool “club”. In time it was enjoyable finding how to get them to reveal they were as horny as I was. Which one would kiss and tell or keep a secret…. I suspected but never verified that a few of them helped each other out. Loved the conversations when they compared experiences with vibrators. The first one of them I took home was the one that would never betray her fingers with a vibrator. Secret lovers for several months…..

In relation to apps on the mobile device I am on the fence. The icon on the phone can be a real risk. I also do not store all the photos I might share if requested on my phone. Need a website on the Mac or pc for that. Nothing is shared across devices or in cloud. No trust and not always only for me to access.
The site must be secure. Best to not seem like a data collection resource.
another free site I found that is now gone was ‘zenbrisa’. A platform for people to find a massage free, as exchange or professional. It was growing when the feds took down backpage and it was removed as well. I met two women there before they took it down. I didn’t get a massage from either but enjoyed the visits I had providing massage for them.
im trying to think of the draw for users. AS cheating theme does not seem to attract many Women. I created a female profile there and got 40 messages in the first day. Plenty of guys on there….
I guess I need to have a second look at tinder and bumble. Haven’t tried that for a long time

Online dating was pretty reliable until poor people got internet.

Best feature is how women use pics from 15-20 years ago.

A magic truth button would be funny.
Very astute observation. I blamed it on my age and their age equivalence related to financial stability. As I started meeting the over 50 ladies they were heavy in debt, needy in more ways than one. Those that were ready for retirement seemed judgemental and rude. Many of the actually atractive women were from another country. I live near DC. Seems to be a phenomenon here. They emmigrate as a couple and divoce for whatever reason. With them if you do not discuss marrage in the first email they are not interested. I had a few dates with one that leveled with me that she needed to marry a citizen to remain in the US. Very attractive and wealthy, was tempting but I could not do it. Which kind of made me there just looking for good sex anyway.
And yes photos too good to be true are a dead give away. So are the ones doctored up. And the fake profile photos are way professional.
Maybe a before and after photo requirement would be in order. Somewhere on here I posted my 35 year old bush and my currently waxed tool. Not many women are into that or would post themselves but at least a portrait would be nice. Not to be rude but I don't want to have to push aside too many layers to find a lip. Just something I like.
This thread inspired me to fire up tinder again. Seems like all the same faces as a year or so ago. I like at some photos but am not one to start a conversation. Prefer to speak when spoken to. The last time I gave T a chance the responses were much like an interview process. I didn't get too far.

I don't travel alone for work anymore. I do miss hotel sex. New and both of us trying to get in all our "favorite" things as we may never see each other again....

Has to be friendly to couples as well as singles.

There should be a way to confirm profiles, something like lifestyle lounge has where a confirmed member can vouch for a non-confirmed member.

3 or 4 levels of picture/video access

A great search algorithm 20+ data points so search's actually return what you want.

Mobile device friendly.

Reasonable cost.

Definitely female friendly.

Some way to make sure that pics are current.
I was thinking of building it for the poly community first, then expanding it. I am a cis male, but I would want it to be female friendly! I really like the vouching idea.

I'd want really strong privacy protections, encrypted messages, and all that :cathappy: because if you get a database, someone out there is gonna try querying that database for stuff they shouldn't know, and if you don't take the necessary steps to protect against that, it's gonna be a fundamentally unsafe platform
Absolutely! Privacy would have to be a very high priority!

you can learn a lot from someone by just having a cup o Joe and a donut with them.
You need to be able to learn enough to actually want to meet them. I prefer that to not be on the phone or video chat. Email is best. If they cannot write, make demands or are prudish, I will not take the time to meet. Very busy metro area here. If it is more than an exit or two away the 'meeting' is a long drive with traffic. Meeting in person is best for hearing the voice and seeing the person. I have also not met people via tinder after speaking on the phone. I probably should have met them in person. I think it would have been a much better and completely different experience and or result.
I don't mean to sound so negative, but most here are platonic one on one relationship searchers here. While I am monogamous, I am looking... If I found someone that I could change my life with excellent. Fun along the way? I am also interested. I prefer wine and cheese over coffee and a doughnut. It makes the first kiss taste better if there is one.... Wink.

I was just using that as a quick example. specifically.
I've been single for forever - user of single sites. I'm on one now, but in a pause till after the new yr etc.
I do weed out the ones that I know aren't a match - too young, still working (I like close to my age), gun owners, republicans, not a traveler, on a financial level with me, no picture.
on that financial thing, guys have come out and gotten mad saying I want a dr or lawyer - that's not the case. in fact far from it - I want someone on an intellectual level of me. which could be a worker dude.
so yes, I always have a dinner w those I meet, that way we do have time to relax and chat.
speaking of dinner - I won't have a guy that doesn't drink alch. I do, and doing it alone makes me feel sort of like eating in front of someone.

I've often wondered why women use old pictures of themselves. (most do)

Do they think men are not going to notice?

What's the rationale?

I've often wondered why women use old pictures of themselves. (most do)

Do they think men are not going to notice?

What's the rationale?
NOT just women, a lot of men do to according to a lot of women that are out there looking. I've been to several "single" meets and a lot of the women have the same complaints that men do. Out of date photos, not truthful about weight/body shape, not truthful about finances, too much exaggeration on just about every topic, etc.

I like the feature in tinder that links people to their cell phone number. Then I have the option to omit people from seeing my profile if I know their phone number and they’re on tinder. Like I can now avoid my exes on dating apps and that makes things less stressing.

Real people, telling the truth? Or is that simply evidence of how naive I still am at 70? 🙄

Back