chain for survivor contest

Re: Re: still looking for additions???

brightlyiburn said:
I'd say the more the merrier. We haven't got a huge deal of details, but what there is, is in this thread, so you can read that.
Seems like I'm gonna have to take control here, since MissLusty doesn't come over here very often. Let me know what you think of the ideas we have and if you have anything you'd like to add.
And if you can think of a title, anyone, let me know.

I'm def all for the more the merrier, sounds like fun!
and i dont think there's a word count per character... just a full story for each character, that's kinda what i'd thought.

as for titles, how about
"Let's Talk about Sex"
or
"Storytime"

heh heh, or we could get really cute and call them "Cunterbury Tales" (just in case i'm being obscurely historical and literary, "Canterbury Tales" is a book where a bunch of people tell their stories about how they got where they are as their traveling to this holy place, and soem of the stories get downright dirty!)

i do also like the Sex Addicts Anon. one though =)

Lemme know what you guys think!

I was thinking of "Whispers in the Dark", but then I've always been more of a drama queen.

I was thinking, in keeping with the Anonymous thing. Perhaps when they get together, it's somewhere mostly dark, except for a single candle permitted to each member, which they can only use to keep from hurting themselves in the dark.
That way you could take a couple of different avenues. You could have a character telling a story (first person, third person, your choice) or a story about two people from the group who decide to hook up outside of the group. Or you could give both a shot, since its more than one chapter.

So um...whaddya think? Good? Lame?

Hi all,

Thank you brightlyiburn for stepping into the lead while I was AWOL. The reason for that is that my computer went nuts and is currently in the IT hospital getting a complete overhaul.

I've had to switch everything over to my laptop in the meantime.

I will try my best to be here as often as I can and it will be more often.
However on those occasions I would appreciate it if brightlyiburn could step into the lead as she/he? (I'm assuming she) seems to have the required skills.

As for luscious were would you like to be in the order of posting?

I see so far we have that we might be writing at least two stories each in rotation, and we haven't decided on a name.

My own personal thoughts on the name where Confessions, or Confessions of a....I couldn't decide what to do with that last one. Let me know what you think.

I like the idea about the single candle, that adds a lot of atmosphere and also allows for some discrete shinanagins (I have no idea how to spell that) somewhere along the way.

I think that for a chain story, the idea about people telling their own stories is better as each person can control/develope their own characters.
However I like the idea that a couple are brought together by this.
Maybe we could incorporate this idea into the story. With one author inparticular taking that story line all through the chain.

MissLusty said:
I like the idea about the single candle, that adds a lot of atmosphere and also allows for some discrete shinanagins (I have no idea how to spell that) somewhere along the way.

I think that for a chain story, the idea about people telling their own stories is better as each person can control/develope their own characters.
However I like the idea that a couple are brought together by this.
Maybe we could incorporate this idea into the story. With one author inparticular taking that story line all through the chain.

Well, couples are most certainly my strong point. Perhaps I could wind chapters of their getting together around the storytelling chapters, using them as a device as to why they end up getting together.

That sounds great.
Should we get started on character descriptions?

Give me a little to think on mine and I'll post it here.

I also had another idea that I'd like some feedback on. I was thinking that each of us could give feedback on a person's chapter, it would be like we all had a mini-editor. This person could tell you if you have some spelling/grammar mistakes, if they think something seems out of character. Or if they think that something is too long.
This way the quality of the story is improved and people can feel more involved in the whole story, not just their chapters.

If it is to happen I was thinking that it should go in order.

So I give feedback to goldeniangel, golden gives it to brightlyiburn and she gives it to me.
*Luscious I haven't added you to this since I'm not sure where you want to be put in the order*

How's that?

Well, as I'll be bouncing off the storytelling chapters, I should be down near the end of the schedule, so that there will be several instances to refer to. So I would say since there are four of us, stick me down at the end right now, which I think will be a good pattern. Three storytelling chapters, one couple chapter. And since I'll be fully developing both characters at an equal basis (rather than one a chapter), that will give me more time to work it up. I will come up with basic discriptions and names and such, however, and dig into deeper the personalities in the actual chapter.
That is, of course, as long as everyone else agrees.

That's fine with me.

So when each chapter has been written, send it via PM or email to your feedback person. When that is completed post it on the site.

I'll give you details on how to post it to the site a little later. This is just for those who are unsure of the chain process.

thats cool

okay......put me next to the last in the list then.....and tell me what we're talking.....are we each doing two seperate characters tht brightly will bring together in the end.......
or only 2 characters in the whole piece that we each write On???

gotcha

okay that works have we decided on the title yet???
looks like all votes in so far have wishpers at the top!

It looks like our chain story will be called:
Whispers in the Dark.

My characters profile:
Anna: Dyed red hair, dresses very grungy with short tartan skirts, ripped fishnets, boots. Long black nails, piercing in nose, tongue and bellybutton.
19 years old, cynic, yet vulnerable at heart.

Mark: Male model, long flowing light brown hair, chocolate eyes. Dimple in left cheek and a body to cream over.
23 years of age, on the way to being famous and naive.

I will be writing up the first and will be sending it to golden for her imput before I submit it to literotica.

character descriptions

Ok, well i wrote a couple messages yesterday and they dont seem to have gone through...
oh well.

i like whispers in the dark, it's my fav title for it so that's all good =)

my character descriptions:

Kara: 23 yrs old, 5'7", brunette, curvy, long legs, 34D boobs; aspiring actress, acts confident but is actually rather insecure. pretty, big hazel eyes. big sexual secret underneath - has trouble saying no to men that she feels are dominant over her.

Brett: 35 yrs old, straight black hair, blue eyes, swimmer/martial artist so very lean and toned. bisexual, he likes to seduce innocents - whenever he can find someone with a virgin hole, that's' what he goes after. very successful at seduction; charming, low basso voice, tons of confidence.

if you need any more than that, let me know! thanks!

Yeah I had a really long post that I wrote that doesn't seem to have made it through.
I wonder if literotica has problems like that all the time or if it was just a one time thing?

hI GUYS,
Late last night Lit. closed the forum for a little while ... they were trying to fix something.... that might be what happened ... I've never seen them do that before.... but that might be why the messages didn't go through.

One thing I need to know... What's an approx. wrd ct that you guys are shooting for per chapter???

The word count needs to be no less than 750 words but can be as long as you want.

wrd count

okay... i knew that lit doesn't post under 750, just really wanted to know what is expected of me, i think i am the greenist of this bunch!
all of my stories to date have been between 2500 and 5000

Wow check out the new literotica. :eek:

I hate change, but I'm sure I'll get use to it and eventially come to love it.

As for the length, I wanted to leave it open so that people didn't feel restricted.
So write to your hearts content.
I'm trying to keep this chain as free and open as possible so that writers can do what they like.
If this works out I'll be doing another chain in a similar style. If this doesn't work I'll do a chain with more guidelines/limitations.

Some people need the guidelines and some people like to do their own thing.
I'm trying to see which works best on literotica forums. :p

sounds good

all that sounds good to me! i didn't even know that there was a word thing... i have no idea how long mine usually are! lol... ah wel. long enough apparently since they get submitted. =)

yay! i'm excited, our chain story is going to rock!!!

All right, here we go:

Jackson Marshall- Male, twenty-four years old, six foot three, 185lbs, somewhat muscular. Dark hair, kind of long, down to about his shoulders. Green eyes. Leader singer/guitarist of a rock band.
Quiet and introspective, with a good sense of humor. Intelligent and surprisingly well-read. Joined the group to get inspiration for sexy lyrics.

Savannah Crest- Female, nineteen years old, five foot six, 120lbs, slender with small breasts. Red-gold hair, about mid-back length. Gray eyes. Psychology major.
Somewhat naive. Shy at first, but very playful and open with those she knows. Enjoys prying into others' business, trying to figure them out. Joined the group to support her best friend Anna (MissLusty's character, if that's okay).

Joined the group to support her best friend Anna (MissLusty's character, if that's okay).

Yeah, my first try at quoting someone.

Thats fine brightly.

I'm not sure where we would have met and became friends though, our characters seem very different.

Maybe they could have grown up together, or Anna could have been in Savannah's psych class?

LOL, I was just re-reading my description for Mark and I make it sound like he's on the way to becoming naive.
What I meant was that he IS naive.

MissLusty said:
Yeah, my first try at quoting someone.

Thats fine brightly.

I'm not sure where we would have met and became friends though, our characters seem very different.

Maybe they could have grown up together, or Anna could have been in Savannah's psych class?

LOL, I was just re-reading my description for Mark and I make it sound like he's on the way to becoming naive.
What I meant was that he IS naive.

Probably they've like, always known each other. And you know, they seem really different but that doesn't mean they can't be friends.

brightlyiburn said:
Probably they've like, always known each other. And you know, they seem really different but that doesn't mean they can't be friends.

I def have some friends that when we're together NOW it's shocking how different we are, but when we first met we were a lot more similar... we dont have quite as much to talk about anymore but we still got the love =P

you could do something like that, where they've just known each other for so long that they've gone in completely different directions... this could be one of the things that they both do together =D

yay! i'm so excited about our story!!!

Well it's been three days since I've started and everything is going fine.
I'm about 2/3rds done, I think.
I never know how long things are until I've finished them.

It's funny but I go into things blindly only having a vague ideas of what the plot is and it ends up taking me in a whole bunch of different directions.

I have 5 more days to finish this, send it to golden for her feedback and send it to my literotica editor to get her approval.

Uh oh, just had a major realization. My lit editor has a turn over time over 7 days roughly and that means that my post will be a little late.

Just had a thought about it and it shouldn't be a problem. I'll just make sure that golden has a look at it on time and then post it when it comes back. Literotica has some bizarre rule that post for chains shouldn't be more than 8 days apart but since this will be the first entry I don't think it counts.

Trust me when I say this won't happen for my second part. I'll have it typed and edited way before the date that it's due.

I say on another chain thread that they had each had a list of each person writing with a timeline next to it. I read about needing something like this on the literotica FAQ. I think I'll make one up now. I'll post it in a minute.

Wow, I'm talking a mile a minute today aren't I.

Chain Time Table

Whispers In The Dark Chain

Chapter 1- Lusty 13th feb - 21st feb
Chapter 2- Golden 22nd feb - 1st Mar
Chapter 3- Luscious 2nd Mar - 10th Mar
Chapter 4- Brightly 11th Mar - 19th Mar
Chapter 5- Lusty 20th Mar - 28th Mar
Chapter 6- Golden 29th Mar - 6th Apr
Chapter 7- Luscious 7th Apr - 15th Apr
Chapter 8- Brightly 16th Apr - 24th apr

Back